* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jay Bee
[May 16, 2024, 04:26:22 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pile on Bucky!  (Read 13218 times)

MUWarrior4Life

• Team Captain
  • Pro Deo Et Patria
Re: Pile on Bucky!
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 06:41:23 AM »
Badgers looked completely lost last night 2 me, however they did pick it up later on in the game, just hope the Warriors realize this game is the REAL DEAL, play your hearts out boyz!!!! Grind 2gether, Shine 2gether!!!

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 07:01:59 AM »
Not being a Wisconsin resident, I don't particularly dislike UW except the one day a year they play Marquette.  Bo's built an excellent program there and any UW fan that doesn't appreciate him will never be happy and probably should switch their allegiance to UNC or Kansas or something.  His teams remind me of Gene Keady's at Purdue, in that he gets every ounce he can out of his squad all year and thus they get a (well-earned) higher seed than their talent might dictate.  Eventually that will come back to get you.

But take nothing away from that guy or that program.  They are easily one of the top 20 programs in the nation during Bo's tenure and who would have thought that was ever possible?  I think it would be great to be a UW fan, except for that whole having to watch them play thing.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 07:17:53 AM by CTWarrior »
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 07:17:10 AM »
The NCAA's are all about the match-ups.  Bo is a system coach and his teams are built to finish high in the B10.  Over time, UW is consistently one of the Top 5-10 teams in overall efficiency, but Izzo's teams are built to win in the post-season even though Bo has been able to own him in the B10. It is as simple as that: long-term success vs. post-season.  A JPT-type recruit could change that but the style of play hasn't been attractive to them. Taylor, on the other hand, has thrived in Bo's system. 

If UW gets behind, they always seem to struggle as they cannot control the style of play. Last night, they actually did during their come back. Two more minutes and Bucky may have won that game. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 07:41:41 AM »
I do like that the "Pile On Bucky" thread turned into a "Defend Bucky" thread.

This time of year I cheer for every team in Wisconsin to do well.  It's too bad that the Badgers lost, but most of their fans will pass the flag to the team left standing which is Marquette.

Yes, Becky's offense puts me to sleep (I slept great last night).  But geeze... UW-Madison really should have been able to beat a Butler team that lost to UW-M *twice* this year. 

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 07:48:57 AM »
Leuer with more fouls than points and 1-16 shooting was a big reason for the loss.  He had an awful game.  Don't know that that can be pinned on bo.

Most of the games that UW lost, it was due in large part to their poor shooting.  Jacking up 29 3's when you are having a bad night shooting is a recipe for disaster.  Not sure why bo did not correct that at all.  Giving Jarmusz more minutes than Nankavil is also a head scratcher.

Taylor really limped into the post season.  Still, he had guts and would do the little things to try to bring them back.  I would love to have him play for MU.

Stuckin1977

• Starter
    • Stuck in 1977
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2011, 07:50:47 AM »
Who's Becky?  Reminds me of that commercial with the typo in the endzone: "Hey that's great, but who are the CHEFS?"

I agree with Chicos.  I don't care if I end up playing three 16-seeds and a 15-seed to get to the Final Four, I wanna make it no matter who I play.  End of discussion.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2011, 07:59:25 AM »
Taylor, on the other hand, has thrived in Bo's system. 

If UW gets behind, they always seem to struggle as they cannot control the style of play. Last night, they actually did during their come back. Two more minutes and Bucky may have won that game. 

I don't know.  From the games I've watched this year, Taylor is just another guy in the system, and then thrives when they scrap it and he takes over to make their miraculous comebacks.

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2011, 08:05:24 AM »
First, I would get more satisfaction out of beating Xavier and Syracuse and ending at the S16 then beating IUPUI, Savannah State, Morgan State, and Tennessee Tech to get the the Final Four.  But again that's just me.  

Miserable argument. When you're in the Final Four, nobody cares how you got there.
The "average fan" is an idiot.

[Mu]EngiNerd

• Starter
  • BS08 MS10
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2011, 08:11:08 AM »
JSONLINE piling onto the badgers... haha

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/badgers/118633774.html
One Nerd to Rule them All - Bears - Blackhawks - Bulls - Cubs - Golden Eagles

MUinSF

• Walk-On
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2011, 08:11:45 AM »
Not being a Wisconsin resident, I don't particularly dislike UW except the one day a year they play Marquette.  Bo's built an excellent program there and any UW fan that doesn't appreciate him will never be happy and probably should switch their allegiance to UNC or Kansas or something.  His teams remind me of Gene Keady's at Purdue, in that he gets every ounce he can out of his squad all year and thus they get a (well-earned) higher seed than their talent might dictate.  Eventually that will come back to get you.

But take nothing away from that guy or that program.  They are easily one of the top 20 programs in the nation during Bo's tenure and who would have thought that was ever possible?  I think it would be great to be a UW fan, except for that whole having to watch them play thing.
Totally agree. Successful, even classy, program that's excruciating to watch play. Whether it wins or loses, except against MU, carries no special significance to me.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2011, 08:18:54 AM »
I don't know.  From the games I've watched this year, Taylor is just another guy in the system, and then thrives when they scrap it and he takes over to make their miraculous comebacks.

Pomeroy offensive efficiency ratings...ahead of some good company:

At least 24% of possessions used
Rank Player Team Ht Wt Yr ORtg
1 Noah Dahlman Wofford 6-6 215 Sr 130.2 (27.2)
2 Jordan Taylor Wisconsin 6-1 195 Jr 129.0 (27.0)
3 Charles Jenkins Hofstra 6-3 220 Sr 123.5 (28.4)
4 Devon Beitzel Northern Colorado 6-1 180 Sr 123.2 (25.5)
5 Dominique Morrison Oral Roberts 6-6 190 Jr 123.0 (24.4)
6 Derrick Williams Arizona 6-8 240 So 122.6 (28.3)
7 Marcus Morris Kansas 6-8 225 Jr 122.1 (26.0)
8 Matt Howard Butler 6-8 230 Sr 121.1 (26.6)
9 Justin Harper Richmond 6-10 225 Sr 121.0 (24.6)
10 Jared Sullinger Ohio St. 6-9 280 Fr 120.9 (26.8)
11 Ben Hansbrough Notre Dame 6-3 206 Sr 120.5 (25.0)
12 Markieff Morris Kansas 6-9 232 Jr 120.4 (25.0)
13 Reggie Jackson Boston College 6-3 200 Jr 119.9 (27.1)
14 Leroy Nobles IUPUI 6-5 195 Sr 119.2 (24.5)
15 Tai Wesley Utah St. 6-7 240 Sr 118.7 (26.1)
16 Nate Wolters South Dakota St. 6-3 189 So 118.7 (30.3)
17 Kemba Walker Connecticut 6-1 172 Jr 118.4 (31.1)
18 Chris Warren Mississippi 5-10 168 Sr 118.1 (25.9)
19 Jon Leuer Wisconsin 6-10 230 Sr 117.9 (29.5)
20 Tristan Thompson North Texas 6-5 190 Sr 117.8 (25.0)

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 08:22:06 AM »
Yesterday morning, I heard them talking on WSSP about the Marquette/UW rivalry, and they said that Marquette had a lot more hatred of UW than UW has of us. Well, that's probably true, and I'm fine with it.

I disagree with that statement.  That sounds like a Bucky fan putting a better face on the subject then what's actually true (spin control - we're better then they are because they hate us more they we hate them).

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2011, 08:24:25 AM »
Who's Becky?  Reminds me of that commercial with the typo in the endzone: "Hey that's great, but who are the CHEFS?"

Not a typo.  Becky Badger is the mascot for UW-Madison.

Stuckin1977

• Starter
    • Stuck in 1977
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2011, 08:26:48 AM »
Not a typo.  Becky Badger is the mascot for UW-Madison.

Looks like an experiment gone terribly wrong

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2011, 08:28:25 AM »

Similar to the Marquette Gold :(

Stuckin1977

• Starter
    • Stuck in 1977
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2011, 08:35:02 AM »
Similar to the Marquette Gold :(

Agreed.  Worst idea ever.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2011, 08:38:28 AM »
I love all the Badger fans that were saying since UWM beat Butler twice, UW will kill Butler.

Hay UW, when you sayyyyy the Horizon League, you said it all!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2011, 08:47:50 AM »
If I was a Badger fan, I'd be wondering what the heck happened to Bo Ryan in the first 10 mins of the second half. It seemed like he just flat out quit on his team. I'm no Reggie Miller fan, but he even brought it up in the broadcast as well.

I understand you can't un-coach shooting 0-17 from the floor, but virtually no adjustments, no tempo change, score got to 47-27 with just under 10 to go, then it was like Bo realized "oh crap, there's still a game to coach".

DrDestiny911

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2011, 08:53:50 AM »
I really don't understand the hate towards UW. Call me stupid but they're not in the same conference as us and they give us a college football team to cheer for. I get hating them when we play them but otherwise hating on them just seems silly. Wisconsin has two premiere D-I schools in UW-Madison and Marquette and I don't really see the need to hate on both. I'm an MU grad of 2010 and maybe its just the "younger generation" doesn't understand or whatnot but if they really were a crap team for 54 years I'm not seeing the rivalry.

I was at a bar rooting for Madison last night and I thought it sucked when they lost but I guess I'm in the minority here. Maybe its because I was born in Wisconsin and a lot of MU grads weren't and that would probably explain why Madison doesn't hate us nearly as much because they have no reason to.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2011, 08:55:33 AM »

Alvin & The Chipmunks?

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2011, 08:55:47 AM »
I like the badger better than the golden chicken, that's about it

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2011, 08:58:07 AM »
I hate it when I agree with Chicos. Seriously.

But he's spot on.

It IS possible for both of you to be wrong.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2011, 08:59:35 AM »
Not being a Wisconsin resident, I don't particularly dislike UW except the one day a year they play Marquette.  Bo's built an excellent program there and any UW fan that doesn't appreciate him will never be happy and probably should switch their allegiance to UNC or Kansas or something. His teams remind me of Gene Keady's at Purdue, in that he gets every ounce he can out of his squad all year and thus they get a (well-earned) higher seed than their talent might dictate.  Eventually that will come back to get you.

+1

I also think Bo is a solid coach, he did a great job with the World Team a few summers back which Lazar was on.  He was able to create a system that best for that team.  At the end of the tournament Lazar was a Bo fan too.  I really only dislike Wisconsin one day a year, when they play Marquette.

I dislike the Wisconsin fans more then their team, as they are so damn obnoxious and condescending.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 09:05:48 AM by lurch91 »

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2011, 09:02:38 AM »
I do like that the "Pile On Bucky" thread turned into a "Defend Bucky" thread.

This time of year I cheer for every team in Wisconsin to do well.  It's too bad that the Badgers lost, but most of their fans will pass the flag to the team left standing which is Marquette.

Yes, Becky's offense puts me to sleep (I slept great last night).  But geeze... UW-Madison really should have been able to beat a Butler team that lost to UW-M *twice* this year. 

Agreed on all counts. I hate uw when we play them. Outside of that, however, I want them to be successful... Just not more successful than us.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2011, 09:06:37 AM »
I really don't understand the hate towards UW. Call me stupid but they're not in the same conference as us and they give us a college football team to cheer for.

Maybe its because I was born in Wisconsin and a lot of MU grads weren't and that would probably explain why Madison doesn't hate us nearly as much because they have no reason to.

This is why I hate Madison, honestly.  They don't "give me a football team to cheer for" just because I was born in WI. If I needed a football team to cheer for, I would have gone to WI.

Also the whole "they dont hate us thing." They don't hate us because they see us as insignificant, not separate or distinct from their conference, etc.  If we started going to the final four every year, I guarantee the vitriol from Madison would be perceived as strongly as it is coming from Milwaukee.  For now they just spew condescension rather than hate.  I'll never cheer for them in anything.

edit to cover up my own half crazed ramblings
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 09:16:51 AM by MUBurrow »

feedback