Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Spanish O'Donnell's feat. Steve Novak  (Read 19534 times)

MUSig54

• Scholarship Player
Re: Spanish O'Donnell's feat. Steve Novak
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2010, 11:56:27 PM »
As an alumnus, there's no way I can say, "Hey, check out them Spanish O'Donnells! They rock!"

I hardly think that they are targeted towards us alums. If the students enjoy it and the University enjoys it, who are we to bitch and moan? Let them do their thing, let's keep on doing our thing, and forget about it.

It seems silly how much you guys bitch and moan about how awful they are and how they are an embarrassment to MU. Things change over time. MU, and what kids find cool, isn't the same as it was when I graduated in '06 or for when any of you guys graduated. Just let it go.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2010, 12:02:57 AM »
I hardly think that they are targeted towards us alums. If the students enjoy it and the University enjoys it, who are we to bitch and moan? Let them do their thing, let's keep on doing our thing, and forget about it.

It seems silly how much you guys bitch and moan about how awful they are and how they are an embarrassment to MU. Things change over time. MU, and what kids find cool, isn't the same as it was when I graduated in '06 or for when any of you guys graduated. Just let it go.

I did let it go, then someone popped it back up! lol

If you REALLY think kids find them cool, poll the MU students. Then randomly some HS students.

I'm sure you'll find otherwise. ;)
SS Marquette

MUSig54

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2010, 12:05:24 AM »

If you REALLY think kids find them cool, poll the MU students. Then randomly some HS students.

I'll call your bluff. Let's do it. Let's conduct a poll.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2010, 12:07:04 AM »

Its not a poll, but 1659 facebook fans. Thats way more than the 390 who like The Warrior yet we have to put up with their crappy journalism.

...just sayin

Steve Buscemi

• Team Captain
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2010, 12:44:35 AM »
Its not a poll, but 1659 facebook fans. Thats way more than the 390 who like The Warrior yet we have to put up with their crappy journalism.

...just sayin
Now you are just being hypocritical.  At least they are somewhat relevant...
"I work out twice a day, six days a week and on Sunday I go to church."  -John Dawson

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2010, 09:46:10 AM »
At least they are somewhat relevant...

/reads Deadspin

Oh yeah, they have been ripped apart, I guess they are "relevant."

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2010, 09:48:06 AM »
Girls love gay guys.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2010, 02:31:10 PM »
smh.

Crap. Crap. And more crap.

And I thought Bristol Palin was bad.

Makes me want to shoot my laptop with a shotgun the next time those twats start to do some hip-hop crap parodies.

PDS?

Steve Buscemi

• Team Captain
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2010, 04:56:07 PM »
/reads Deadspin

Oh yeah, they have been ripped apart, I guess they are "relevant."

I was talking about the Warrior, blue
"I work out twice a day, six days a week and on Sunday I go to church."  -John Dawson

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2010, 10:47:37 AM »
Sorry for the misunderstanding. Can someone on The Warrior writing staff do a brief article to boycott the Spanish O'Douchebags? And then we can all go about our business and forget about them until they go on to continue and accomplish nothing but annoying others.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2010, 10:49:36 AM »
Sorry for the misunderstanding. Can someone on The Warrior writing staff do a brief article to boycott the Spanish O'Douchebags? And then we can all go about our business and forget about them until they go on to continue and accomplish nothing but annoying others.

I see what you did there.  You replaced Donnell with Douchebag. 

Sweet burn.

ZiggysChestHair

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2010, 11:51:05 AM »
Since these videos are hated so much around here, why doesn’t someone go post it on Dodd’s premium board first therefore preventing us from even discussing it around here for fear of copyright violations on the "insider" info?

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2010, 11:52:13 AM »
Since these videos are hated so much around here, why doesn’t someone go post it on Dodd’s premium board first therefore preventing us from even discussing it around here for fear of copyright violations on the "insider" info?

Actually I saw that they were posted over there....and those guys over there seem to have a much more positive attitude about them.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2010, 01:04:15 PM »
I'm not offended at all by the Spanish O'Dbags (nice one), but they are definitely not cutting edge.  It is a catch 22.  If they were cutting edge, MU would definitely not sponsor them.  You need to be kinda milquetoasty ( is that a word?)  for University sponsorship.  It's in the bylaws.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2010, 04:15:06 PM »
They suck.  Don't put yourself out there if you don't want to hear the truth.  I threw up in my mouth a lil bit when I heard Novak rap.  So weak.  Plus he should wear his suede blazer, that's his real uniform.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2010, 04:43:21 PM »
Each time I log onto MUScoop, I am more and more amazed that this thread keeps showing up on top of the most recent posts.  Why won't this die???

Of course, this time it is my fault it is on top.

SacWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2010, 04:52:36 PM »
new Spanish O'Donnell's Video gets 90 posts in one day

God
Damn
It.

JUST IGNORE THEM THAT'S WHAT I TRY TO DO

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2010, 05:02:45 PM »
Ya'll made it 4 pages without me commenting so..

O'Douchebags...heh clever

I think the key was mentioned a few pages ago. Yeah it wasn't a big deal when they were just some lameass cute onegy guys in their dorm room making vids... but once the administration jumped on their cock and gave these guys access to basketball team and allowed Co-branding many people (here) got pissed off. They've gone beyond a level of tolerably annoying.

1600 facebook fans equals a following? what's that worth in internet dollars? Laughing baby has 2200 fans and Numa Numa guy has nearly 10,000 OOOOOOOOOOH. Justin Bieber has 15m+ fans  and there has to be 3 times that number of people that'd like to see him get eaten by a Velociraptor

and be nice to the warrior... it was cool and cutting edge and poignant... once... like 4 years ago.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2010, 10:40:21 AM »
If you have a serious objection to this video, then you really need to check yourself with regards to what warrants your time and attention. This is some college kids making a fun video that promotes Marquette basketball. And, by the way, they got an NBA player to join in on the fun.

I'm neither a young nor an old alumni (Class of '97) so I can't really address what is "cool" to either group. I have no idea. But I do know that the Spanish O'Donnells should be taken in the spirit in which it is intended: to be fun and promote MU Basketball.

The "old guys" that are bitching are probably the same group that proposed a few years back that Bruce Springsteen's "The Rising" should be the song Marquette is introduced to at games. Times and tastes change, people.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 12:55:43 PM by Avenue Commons »
We Are Marquette

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2010, 11:22:15 AM »
If you have a serious objection to this video, then you really need to check yourself with regards to what warrants your time and attention. This is some college kids making a fun video that promotes Marquette basketball. And, by the way, they got an NBA player to join in on the fun.

I'm neither a young nor an old alumni (Class of '97) so I can't really address what is "cool" to either group. I have no idea. But I do know that the Spanish O'Donnell's should be taken in the spirit in which it is intended: to be fun and promote MU Basketball.

+1
People need to lighten up.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2010, 12:54:50 PM »
Cruising YouTube and found this "Raynor Rave" video. Pretty funny. What's the backstory on this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMqs5j8nNcw&feature=related
We Are Marquette

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2010, 06:47:24 PM »
Unfortunately, late in the game on that too. Other ACC schools like North Carolina have done that previously. They also had more balls and went with something more age appropriate than Miley Cyrus.

/Embarrassing

feedback