* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jay Bee
[May 16, 2024, 04:26:22 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Spanish O'Donnell's feat. Steve Novak  (Read 19500 times)

Coleman

• All American
Re: Spanish O'Donnell's feat. Steve Novak
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2010, 02:47:31 PM »
If you guys hate the O'Donnells so much, why are you always posting their videos on here?

;)

+1

Steve Buscemi

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2010, 02:47:47 PM »
Tuition is paid for ROTC Students. It comes from Uncle Sugar. "Your Tax Dollars at Work"

I know that.  I was saying that they don't pay it...
"I work out twice a day, six days a week and on Sunday I go to church."  -John Dawson

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2010, 02:48:57 PM »
Tuition is paid for ROTC Students. It comes from Uncle Sugar. "Your Tax Dollars at Work"

Actually, I think they technically have to qualify for the scholarship (don't know the details on that), which sometimes doesn't happen until sophomore or junior year. I'm pretty sure everyone in ROTC eventually gets it, but not everyone gets a full ride all 4 years.

I had a lot of friends in ROTC. Some paid their way for a year or two.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2010, 02:52:07 PM »
If you guys hate the O'Donnells so much, why are you always posting their videos on here?

;)

Same question I have about threads on the topic of our former coach, or about what's on the Becky Badger board.  Perhaps it's because certain Catholic boys really enjoy flagellation?  We may never know.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2010, 02:54:56 PM »

;)

To fuel the hatred.  duh.

MUSig54

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 02:58:24 PM »
To fuel the hatred.  duh.

Nothing like old alums on the internet to really show those college kids what's what!

Not saying I'm a fan of the O'Donnells, but let the kids have some fun. Don't need all the curmudgeons here to comment and break it down. Or at least put it in the Superbar.

boyonthedock

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 03:20:16 PM »
It would be ok if they weren't TERRIBLE videos. but they are.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 03:22:04 PM »
Nothing like old alums on the internet to really show those college kids what's what!

Not saying I'm a fan of the O'Donnells, but let the kids have some fun. Don't need all the curmudgeons here to comment and break it down. Or at least put it in the Superbar.

+1   we all did dumb stuff in college.  It's mildly amusing, especially since Wade and Novak are in them.  It's pretty cool that those guys don't think they are above being goofy with students.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 03:22:56 PM »
I pray to the Lord these guys are seniors.  They are an embarrassment to the University.  

The admin. thinking these guys were good for the program is akin to New Coke.  

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 03:24:40 PM »

Nobody is stopping them - we're just suggesting they stop :)  But by including Novak (and Wade, and the team in others) - they made it relevant here.

MUSig54

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2010, 03:27:33 PM »
Geeze, you guys all act like MU posting a Spanish OD's video was the reason we didn't get Quincy Miller, or that Kansas beat us in 2003, or the Big East dropping MU.

Come on, Like HoopsMalone said, we all did dumb stuff at MU that would make older alums cringe with embarrassment. This is basically the equivalent of that.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2010, 03:31:26 PM »
Geeze, you guys all act like MU posting a Spanish OD's video was the reason we didn't get Quincy Miller, or that Kansas beat us in 2003, or the Big East dropping MU.

Come on, Like HoopsMalone said, we all did dumb stuff at MU that would make older alums cringe with embarrassment. This is basically the equivalent of that.

The difference is that a lot of my dumb stuff involved things that are 1) still under a statue of limitations and 2) videos that were funny and/or cool.  These just are lame.  Plus, the school didn't put out videos of ZF'FB in an implicit endoresment of said video.

Steve Buscemi

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2010, 03:32:37 PM »
its not that its dumb, its just impossibly lame... dumb is usually funny.
"I work out twice a day, six days a week and on Sunday I go to church."  -John Dawson

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2010, 03:35:44 PM »
its not that its dumb, its just impossibly lame... dumb is usually funny.

Lame is just lame and that is what this is.  No talent whatsoever.  If it was a spoof it would probably be funny.  The funny thing is these goofs are serious.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2010, 03:37:54 PM »

Look, mister, there's... two kinds of dumb.  Uh... guy that gets naked and runs out in the snow and barks at the moon.  And, uh, guy who does the same thing in my living room. and Marquette says it is really creative.  First one don't matter, the second one you're kinda forced to deal with.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2010, 03:42:16 PM »
I remember the first time I tucked my dick between my legs.

-Buffalo Bill '91
-Spanish O'Douchebags '10

SalsaMan

• Starter
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2010, 03:58:02 PM »
Geeze, you guys all act like MU posting a Spanish OD's video was the reason Kansas beat us in 2003

No, as bad as they are the Spanish O'Donnell's is not the reason we were humiliated by Kansas in 2003. Look no further than the Bronzed Beast of Bloomington. His ridiculous game plan compounded by his inability to make in-game adjustments led to our being shamed before a national audience on basketball's biggest stage.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2010, 04:03:28 PM »
Actually, I think they technically have to qualify for the scholarship (don't know the details on that), which sometimes doesn't happen until sophomore or junior year. I'm pretty sure everyone in ROTC eventually gets it, but not everyone gets a full ride all 4 years.

I had a lot of friends in ROTC. Some paid their way for a year or two.

Some don't get the scholarship at all, but they may still get commissioned. I only graduated/received my commission this past December, and I don't recognize any of them being in Navy/Marine Corps ROTC, thank God.

Dwyane Wade's rapping as an 8 year-old is better than these guys will ever be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DP6Kno5vIU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2de29H7UBA

I appreciate their enthusiasm and all, but there are much more talented lyricists out there at Marquette.  Just sayin'
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 04:04:59 PM by LLRj Since 1986 »

Steve Buscemi

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2010, 04:06:48 PM »
Look no further than the Bronzed Beast of Bloomington. His ridiculous game plan...
Haha.  Did this just become a TC thread?

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2010, 04:35:00 PM »

Im not a curmudgeon, a pretty recent graduate actually, and I reserve the right to be embarrassed and pissed that this stuff STILL keeps going around. If it was one video then fine, not a big deal....but there are like 20 f*ing videos of them in Marquette gear or around the MU campus embarrassing our school and giving other schools great ammunition to insult MU.

Every school has one of these videos...but these guys KEEP popping up and now with MU official sponsorship, thats the annoying part.

These videos, songs, jokes, etc...are just plain lame.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2010, 04:41:10 PM »
+1   we all did dumb stuff in college.  It's mildly amusing, especially since Wade and Novak are in them.  It's pretty cool that those guys don't think they are above being goofy with students.

I did dumb stuff while at the bars, drinking and making an ass out of myself....these guys put time, commitment, energy, creativity (barely), equipment cost and production into every one of these videos to be dumb.

Who works that hard to do "dumb stuff"?
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2010, 05:35:30 PM »
Wow. You all are such tough, hard souls.

Sit back and think about what you are spouting for a second. Blasting kids who are in the prime of their life and are having some fun while at it? Its ridiculous. You don't have to enjoy it or appreciate, but what do you gain by blasting it? Nothing is the answer.

I just don't get the negativity over something so silly and simple. I am infinitely more embarrassed by most of the responses in this thread than I am by some silly 18-22 year olds having fun with something that clearly has an audience.

Personally, I don't really care for what they do. But, I am not going to go out of my way to blast them from my anonymous handle on a message board. To do so, would truly be "lame."

NOTE: I think questioning and criticizing whether the athletic department should have an official or quasi-official partnership with the group is fair game. But the personal attacks calling them "an embarrassment to Marquette University" are unneccessary. What is that saying about glass houses again?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 05:37:17 PM by MUCam »

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2010, 05:42:38 PM »
Wow. You all are such tough, hard souls.

Sit back and think about what you are spouting for a second. Blasting kids who are in the prime of their life and are having some fun while at it? Its ridiculous. You don't have to enjoy it or appreciate, but what do you gain by blasting it? Nothing is the answer.

I just don't get the negativity over something so silly and simple. I am infinitely more embarrassed by most of the responses in this thread than I am by some silly 18-22 year olds having fun with something that clearly has an audience.

Personally, I don't really care for what they do. But, I am not going to go out of my way to blast them from my anonymous handle on a message board. To do so, would truly be "lame."

NOTE: I think questioning and criticizing whether the athletic department should have an official or quasi-official partnership with the group is fair game. But the personal attacks calling them "an embarrassment to Marquette University" are unneccessary. What is that saying about glass houses again?

So you are criticizing a message board for being critical? Welcome the the internet.  Also, I dont think it is ridiculous for me to feel "embarrassed" by these videos.....I am an alum, you publicly represent my University, I have that right.

NOTE: I get your point, but when you make dozens of videos and put them on the internet you should expect some form of unfair criticism.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2010, 06:01:07 PM »

something so silly and simple.

You are right they are silly and simple and really bad.

SalsaMan

• Starter
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2010, 06:15:48 PM »
You are right they are silly and simple and really bad.

And embarassing. Really, really embarassing.