collapse

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by MUDPT
[May 04, 2024, 10:05:13 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[May 04, 2024, 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[May 04, 2024, 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NL Central Pissing Match - 2011  (Read 74347 times)

BrewCity83

• All American
Re: NL Central Pissing Match - 2011
« Reply #175 on: April 22, 2011, 11:38:18 AM »
Is doesn't change the fact that he is an asshat.

It's not a fact.  It's your opinion.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #176 on: April 22, 2011, 11:38:23 AM »

You don't start 3 All-Star games in a row if you are not widely liked around the league.

Barry Bonds and his 14 All-Star games beg to differ.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #177 on: April 22, 2011, 11:39:44 AM »
It's not a fact.  It's your opinion.

If you can't see him as an asshat, take off your blinders.

I bet you think Travis Diener was humble as well.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #178 on: April 22, 2011, 11:45:28 AM »
Why were they (allegedly) throwing at him to begin with? Perhaps because he had been acting like an arrogant punk.

LOL. Yeah that's it. OMG, he throws his bat after he gets walked. He gets upset when someone tries to put one in his earhole. The horror. Since you brought up Karstens, I'm sure its just coincidence that Braun homered off him in the previous AB before Karstens drilled him. Yep, they're throwing at him because he's an arrogant prick. He definitely stands out from the crowd where this stuff is concerned.

Show me him admiring more than a couple of home runs, particularly in the last year or two, and I will consider your argument. he watched one fly big time a couple years ago (against Houston I believe), was undressed by his manager, and frankly hasn't done it since. Until you can do that, I will chalk you ridiculous claims up to simple jealousy.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #179 on: April 22, 2011, 11:46:48 AM »
If you can't see him as an asshat, take off your blinders.

I bet you think Travis Diener was humble as well.

Since when is asshat the opposite of humble?

Anyway, I loved having Diener on my team, too.  I don't need to see all of my favorite players shuffling around with their heads down saying "Yes sir" and No sir" like it's the old Negro League days.  I like to see guys that play with confidence.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2011, 11:54:16 AM »
LOL. Yeah that's it. OMG, he throws his bat after he gets walked. He gets upset when someone tries to put one in his earhole. The horror. Since you brought up Karstens, I'm sure its just coincidence that Braun homered off him in the previous AB before Karstens drilled him. Yep, they're throwing at him because he's an arrogant prick. He definitely stands out from the crowd where this stuff is concerned.

Show me him admiring more than a couple of home runs, particularly in the last year or two, and I will consider your argument. he watched one fly big time a couple years ago (against Houston I believe), was undressed by his manager, and frankly hasn't done it since. Until you can do that, I will chalk you ridiculous claims up to simple jealousy.

First of all, I wasn't the one who brought up Karstens. Second, you, my friend, are either blind, in denial or a complete and total idiot if you don't think Braun has done much admiring of himself in the past couple years.

There's no use trying to reason with someone who is as close-minded and unreasonable as you appear to be.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2011, 11:59:12 AM »

Well he DID stare down Dumpster after absolutely RAPING a ball 2 innings after Dumpster threw at his head.  I would try not to piss off Ryan Braun if I was an opposing team pitcher.  But according to Bob Brenley it is COMPLETELY out of place to stare a guy down after throwing at his head, but totally fine to throw at that guy's head.  Absolutely no problem with what Dumpster did, but completely wrong of Braun to stare him down following that.  So Braun should be prepared to be thrown at some more and have "sore ribs" a lot more often.  Stay classy, Brenley.  This is your television color commentator.  Exemplifies the Cubs fans perfectly.

And now all the Cubs fans will come running and crying to Brenley's defense and try to justify his comments.  Find me ONE other commentator who has ever SUGGESTED throwing at a batter.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2011, 12:00:48 PM »
Yea if only Braun would put his head down and circle the bases like Pujols and Soriano. Braun gets a bad rap for admiring homers when most players look at homers. I'm pretty sure on the Karstens one he didn't even admire it and that was from a series months before they threw at his head.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2011, 12:03:13 PM »
First of all, I wasn't the one who brought up Karstens. Second, you, my friend, are either blind, in denial or a complete and total idiot if you don't think Braun has done much admiring of himself in the past couple years.

There's no use trying to reason with someone who is as close-minded and unreasonable as you appear to be.

One more time, lets see it. There is whole internet world out there. Clearly if it is as prevalent as you suggest, you should have no problem coming up with several examples. I'll check back often to see what you come up with.

You see the difference between you and I...I watch the Brewers on a regular basis, and draw my own conclusions. I don't base my opinions, on a couple of incidents over a four year span. Prove me wrong.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2011, 12:30:13 PM »
Soriano is an arrogant asshat as well.  He does the John Cena "you can't see me". 

I somehow find a way to acknowledge he is arrogant.  Why can't you see it with Braun?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2011, 12:43:33 PM »
Soriano is an arrogant asshat as well.  He does the John Cena "you can't see me". 

I somehow find a way to acknowledge he is arrogant.  Why can't you see it with Braun?

That's just it though, Braun doesn't do that "John Cena thing,"  or hop like Sammy Sosa did, or walk excruciatingly slowly toward first, admiring the ball he just hit as Bonds did,  or anything like it. With rare exception, he puts his head down and rounds the bases. When he gets walked he takes his shin guard off and heads to first. When he gets hit by a pitch, he gets upset. If he hits a walk off, he celebrates it. People base their opinion of him on those rare exceptions I mentioned, most of which took place 2-3 years ago. Exceptionally talented? Yes. Confident? Absolutely. Cocky or arrogant? Not from where I'm sitting.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2011, 12:48:26 PM »
With rare exception, he puts his head down and rounds the bases. When he gets walked he takes his shin guard off and heads to first.

Wow.

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2011, 12:50:48 PM »
For those interested, here is the ESPN article from 2 summers ago that speaks directly to Braun's confidence...and even mentions the Dempster incident:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4379572

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #188 on: April 22, 2011, 12:59:38 PM »
Wow.

Take a look...You can see a whole mess of his HR's from this season and last. Please feel free to point out the examples where I'm wrong. I will be eagerly awaiting your reply. I have the actual evidence to back up my assertions. Do you?

Yet again, we have Ryan Dempster, and Brandon Backe, and Jeff Karstens if you wish to include it, the last of which took place in the Spring of 2009. If you have more, I'd love to see it.

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=13942425&topic_id=players&query=type%3Djson%26player_id%3D460075%26start%3D0%26src%3Dvpp%26sort%3Ddesc%26sort_type%3Dcustom%26hitsPerPage%3D60&c_id=mil&playerName=Ryan%20Braun
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 01:04:02 PM by NavinRJohnson »

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #189 on: April 22, 2011, 01:25:49 PM »
Cocky or arrogant? Not from where I'm sitting.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Comments like this are why we can't take you seriously.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #190 on: April 22, 2011, 01:32:57 PM »
Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Comments like this are why we can't take you seriously.

That's a great argument.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #191 on: April 22, 2011, 01:41:56 PM »
Take a look...You can see a whole mess of his HR's from this season and last. Please feel free to point out the examples where I'm wrong. I will be eagerly awaiting your reply. I have the actual evidence to back up my assertions. Do you?

Yet again, we have Ryan Dempster, and Brandon Backe, and Jeff Karstens if you wish to include it, the last of which took place in the Spring of 2009. If you have more, I'd love to see it.

You can't see what Braun does after he hits the ball in any of these.  The camera cuts to the ball right away.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #192 on: April 22, 2011, 01:49:12 PM »
You can't see what Braun does after he hits the ball in any of these.  The camera cuts to the ball right away.

Good grief. Of course you can. You may have to wait for the replay on a couple of them, but you can absolutely see his reaction on nearly every one of them.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #193 on: April 22, 2011, 02:00:06 PM »
Like I said, Brewers fans love him.  

The fans of the other teams Cubs can go to hell.  You can go around perceiving him as arrogant and a punk all you want after he embarrasses your team.

Since you specifically took at shot at the Cubs, since St. Braun joined the Brewers in 2007, the Brewers have finished above the Cubs a whopping 1 time in 4 seasons, last year, and still the Cubs were 9-6 against the Brewers in 2010.  Since 2007, the Cubs are 37-26 against the Brewers.  So yes, Braun is clearly embarrassing the hell out of the Cubs.  Keep talking about how bad Cubs players are and bringing up 100 years of not winning a WS to feebly defend your points.

Since you brought up Karstens, I'm sure its just coincidence that Braun homered off him in the previous AB before Karstens drilled him. Yep, they're throwing at him because he's an arrogant prick.

You know who routinely smokes pitchers for HRs and doesn't get thrown at?  Pujols.  The only time I can remember is Harden a few years ago after Soriano got hit in the head and then when Yost had McClung throw at him back in 2007.

And for the record, I like Braun as a player.  Ive gotten into arguments with friends saying you don't trade him straight up for pretty much any other position player in the league, except for maybe a healthy Mauer or Longoria.  

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #194 on: April 22, 2011, 02:08:55 PM »
healthy Mauer  

Now that is funny.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #195 on: April 22, 2011, 02:11:42 PM »
That's a great argument.

There's no point in debating with someone who is as completely biased as you are. Read that ESPN article. Braun, himself, admits to being cocky yet you somehow argue otherwise.

It doesn't all have to do with HR admiring. It's the way he carries himself on the field and the way he struts around as if he's a baseball god. It rubs many fans and players the wrong way. Also, as I stated earlier when you asked for examples, he gave his bat an overexaggerated flip to the side upon drawing a walk against the Cubs...less than 2 weeks ago!

Just because he's your favorite player on your favorite team, that doesn't mean he doesn't have his faults. Two of my favorite athletes growing up were Michael Jordan and Mark Grace. Do you know who were also two of the most arrogant athletes I've ever cheered for? Michael Jordan and Mark Grace.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #196 on: April 22, 2011, 02:20:59 PM »
Haha Michael Jordan might be the biggest a-hole of all-time in sports.  

Wait no he wasn't.  I can't say that because he was on a team I cheer for.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #197 on: April 22, 2011, 02:26:10 PM »
Just because he's your favorite player on your favorite team, that doesn't mean he doesn't have his faults. Two of my favorite athletes growing up were Michael Jordan and Mark Grace. Do you know who were also two of the most arrogant athletes I've ever cheered for? Michael Jordan and Mark Grace.

So what you're saying is that you dislike Braun because he's not on your favorite team.  Looks like we are in agreement then.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #198 on: April 22, 2011, 02:38:28 PM »
There's no point in debating with someone who is as completely biased as you are. Read that ESPN article. Braun, himself, admits to being cocky yet you somehow argue otherwise.

LOL. I'm biased, and that's where this is all coming from? Whatever you say. I have presented facts and visual evidence to back up my claim. What have you offered up? Your own interpretation of things...

Why don't you go ahead and show me where in that article (which was written two years ago, BTW) that Braun "admits to being cocky." I'll save you the trouble, its not there.

Other than that, you offer your opinion/perception that he "struts around as if he's a baseball god" that "rubs many fans and players the wrong way." Well, certainly can't argue with objective facts like that. I'm convinced. Of course, how can we ignore your perception of an "over exaggerated flip to the side upon drawing a walk against the Cubs...less that two weeks ago!" Truly Braun's ego is completely out of control, because MM didn't like the way he disposed of his bat after drawing a walk.

But, my position is not valid because I'm biased. LOL! Nice try.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:43:35 PM by NavinRJohnson »

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #199 on: April 22, 2011, 02:52:28 PM »
So what you're saying is that you dislike Braun because he's not on your favorite team.  Looks like we are in agreement then.

This isn't the argument at all.  The argument is if Braun is cocky.  Yes, he is.

I don't get why it's so hard to admit a player is cocky.  Michael Jordan, Ryan Braun, Jim Edmonds, Manny Ramirez, Alfonso Soriano, Travis Diener, Dave Bolland, are all cocky players.  Most of them are on teams I cheer for.

Why can't you Brewers fans open your eyes and see everyone on your team isn't a saint?  There's nothing wrong with it.  Every team has them.

feedback