[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Done Deal - Henry Ellenson to Marquette!  (Read 68527 times)

brandx

Re: Done Deal - Henry Ellenson to Marquette!
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2014, 12:00:23 PM »
#donedeal
Apparently ESPN knows and it's going down this morning.

Love the new moniker :D

tower912

• All American
« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2014, 12:01:10 PM »
I just slapped the floor in celebration!   (Threw out my back and had to take an ibuprofen, but totally worth it)
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2014, 12:02:11 PM »
If I followed recruiting maybe I could try to infer who you're referring to. Since I don't, I'll just have to be excited and in the dark.

The Family Stone? And is Wojo Sly?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2014, 12:13:04 PM »
Process respected.

Such great news!
Relax. Respect the Process.

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2014, 12:14:26 PM »
hell yeah!

Schmidtyfactor

• Starter
« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2014, 12:14:51 PM »
I now see what secured the committment!
Cheetham's Drake connection!

Henry Ellenson retweeted  
  Benjamin @Sweggy_B  02 Sep  
Some cookies and some drake #boysnight

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2014, 12:28:14 PM »
A guy like Jaylen Brown to be a 3/4 to cover the STJ absence in 2016? What position are you thinking?

I honestly don't know.  But as Big Daddy says, there are dominoes falling and I don't think Dillard is the only one.  

Brown would be UNBELIEVABLE.  We are still on his very long list, but he is visiting Kansas tomorrow and Kentucky the next week.  I doubt we have any chance.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2014, 12:29:08 PM »
DD is not the only one, but he is someone that they are on right now, before he commits to Purdue.  HE's commitment today was not just by chance. His commitment means a lot to other players and will be a factor who joins the "Family".
Dominoes are falling.

PS  I am not Father Wild (that made me chuckle) or related to a player. Who I am is a Warrior that loves:

1) My Lord
2) These United States of America
3) My Family
4) Marquette
5) Real Chili

In that order....

Real Chili on this list elevates your standing to stratospheric levels.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2014, 12:32:40 PM »
Woke up this morning to a "Hey! That Henry kid committed here! Isn't that pretty important?" text from my girlfriend.
Any advice on where to grab a high-quality engagement ring?

Wait for Big Daddy's advice!

While on that topic, stop trying to ID him. Personally, I don't want to know. Preserve the air of mystery. His selected postings are great. I mean, it sucked when the Stig was outed on Top Gear.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2014, 12:33:24 PM »
It seems like the talent evaluation services think this kid can play some. Here's to a healthy and successful run at MU, Henry.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2014, 12:34:03 PM »
TWITTER TRACKER
Henry Ellenson @HENBA13  ·  11m 11 minutes ago
I'm excited to join the Marquette Family! #gogoldeneagles #mubb

There's that F-word we keep seeing.

He was clearly swayed by my changed screen name a few weeks back

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2014, 12:41:48 PM »
He was clearly swayed by my changed screen name a few weeks back

My work is done. Back to honoring Mr. Bernstein.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2014, 12:44:33 PM »
Hope none of our fans ever call you a choking dog or says you peed yourself.

Haha perfect

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #164 on: October 09, 2014, 12:44:53 PM »
Here y'all, Big Daddy is not Dick Strong or the Wizard, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #165 on: October 09, 2014, 12:52:50 PM »

I honestly don't know.  But as Big Daddy says, there are dominoes falling and I don't think Dillard is the only one.  

Brown would be UNBELIEVABLE.  We are still on his very long list, but he is visiting Kansas tomorrow and Kentucky the next week.  I doubt we have any chance.

Brown is planning visits to Kentucky, Kansas UCLA, UNC, Georgia, and Georgia Tech. I'm not sure if they are official visits or not. I don't think we're on the list. But that doesn't mean I'm not hoping!

I think a switchable wing is the last piece. I assumed Dillard was the number 1 target. But if their's a bigger fish, I'm up for it.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 01:06:05 PM by TAMU Ellenson »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #166 on: October 09, 2014, 12:56:50 PM »

If somehow we landed Henry and Jaylen I'm pretty sure the collective MU family would sh*t themselves. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #167 on: October 09, 2014, 01:02:08 PM »
Seriously don't get your hopes up.  I'm not thinking it will be a top 20 guy.  Top 100 though...

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #168 on: October 09, 2014, 01:05:34 PM »
Seriously don't get your hopes up.  I'm not thinking it will be a top 20 guy.  Top 100 though...

Completely agree Jaylen and Diamond are the only top offers we still have out right? I mean that's pretty unlikely for either of them. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2014, 01:07:48 PM »
If somehow we landed Henry and Jaylen I'm pretty sure the collective MU family would sh*t themselves. 

too late

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #170 on: October 09, 2014, 01:09:46 PM »
Brown is planning visits to Kentucky, Kansas UCLA, UNC, Georgia, and Georgia Tech. I'm not sure if they are official visits or not. I don't think we're on the list. But that doesn't mean I'm not hoping!

I think a switchable wing is the last piece. I assumed Dillard was the number 1 target. But if their's a bigger fish, I'm up for it.

Last I heard is that Brown didn't plan on committing until spring signing period anyways. That opens up a lot of time to gain ground for Marquette. I'm not saying it's likely, but we weren't even NEAR in the Ellenson sweeps until Wojo showed up, so stranger things have happened.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #171 on: October 09, 2014, 01:19:33 PM »
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What a class Wojo has brought in!!!!  Pumped for the future of MU Hoops!!!!!!

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2014, 01:27:06 PM »
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=11866

ESPN Recruitng Insider checks in

Scout's Take: No. 4 Henry Ellenson picks Marquette

October, 9, 2014

Marquette landed a huge verbal commitment on Thursday morning, as Henry Ellenson, the 4th ranked player in the ESPN 100, opted to stay close to home and play for the Golden Eagles instead of entertaining Michigan State or Kentucky. Here is a look at what Ellenson will bring to the Big East:

Thanks to his versatility, Henry Ellenson will be a problem for Marquette's opponents.
 Why he committed: Marquette had two distinct advantages here. First and foremost, there's the presence of Wally Ellenson, Henry's older brother, who transferred from Minnesota earlier this summer. They also held an early commitment from Nick Noskowiak, Ellenson's close friend and AAU teammate with Playground Elite. First-year head coach Steve Wojciechowski continued to pull out all the stops, not only making it clear that Ellenson was his top priority, but also assuring him that he would have the freedom he desired to show his full offensive versatility as opposed to being locked solely in the post. Ultimately, Ellenson’s relationship with Wojciechowski and confidence in his plan for him was the deciding factor.

What he brings: Ellenson is a highly versatile four-man and major mismatch problem. He can score both in and around the paint as well as stretch opposing defenses to the perimeter. He lets his matchup dictate his point of attack. He will make open shots to the arc but can also face-up less mobile defenders and straight line drive. On the inside, he has a strong natural frame to hold off contact while simultaneously providing a valuable rebounding presence up front. Defensively, he is a solid position defender who may ultimately be able to check both frontcourt positions.

How he fits: Wojciechowski sold Ellenson on the fact that he would be given freedom to showcase his total game on the offensive end of the floor. The plan will include a variety of pro-style sets as well as the ball-screen style offense that we've seen from Duke in recent years, where Wojciechowski was most recently the associate head coach. Ellenson's versatility will make him especially difficult to contain in ball screen coverage, as he'll be equally capable of both pick-and-rolling as well as picking-and-popping.

Who he reminds us of: At his best, Ellenson has occasionally been compared to a poor man’s Dirk Nowitzki, and while there are some similarities in terms of the size, style and versatility, those comparisons are lofty for any high school senior. He can also be a cross between guys like Nick Collison and Ryan Anderson, two veteran NBA players who operated from the post and perimeter, respectively, with a high collective basketball IQ.

How the class is shaping up: Ellenson is the first five star prospect to commit to Wojciechowski, but he's also the key player Marquette was looking for after building a very strong class to date. Noskowiak is a true point guard who is both highly skilled and very cerebral, while fellow ESPN 100 prospect Haanif Cheatham is a versatile 6-foot-5 guard who is potentially capable of playing all three perimeter positions. Finally, Matt Heldt is a true center who will ultimately team with Ellenson along Marquette's front line. Collectively, this group not only provides the skill and versatility that Wojciechowski will need to transform Marquette's identity on the offensive end of the floor, but it also solidifies his commitment to keeping the best players from the state of Wisconsin close to home.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2014, 01:32:57 PM »
HOLY CRAP!!! This makes up for Joe Wolf!

Welcome to Marquette, Henry!
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #174 on: October 09, 2014, 01:38:00 PM »
YES!
In Wojo we currently trust!

feedback