[May 13, 2024, 07:04:22 PM]

Ben Gold's summer by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 05:58:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 04:51:05 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by tower912
[May 13, 2024, 04:33:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: DJ Carton going Pro  (Read 34915 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: DJ Carton going Pro
« Reply #200 on: May 01, 2021, 01:28:02 AM »
This narrative that Shaka’s plan, or work ethic required, or selfishness, or lack of motivation from DJ is the reason he’s turning pro is some of the dumbest, most reckless nonsense I’ve seen here in awhile.

Talented kid with pro aspirations, who was only rumored to be looking to spend a year in college to begin with when he signed for gods sake, declares for the draft.  Not transferred to a lower level, not complaining, but making a jump up in level where effort, commitment, and work are going to be far more demanding and rigorous.

Stop with this BS that he’s leaving your beloved program cause he couldn’t cut it with higher demands or he’s some spoiled brat that only wanted an easy ride

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2021, 01:39:07 AM »
While the “Bitching Betty” should be the beer for the evening, I may prefer a “ The Good, the Bad, & the Froggy”

Dave

If we want outrage we can cruise the Dawgs' hoop site!

Let's meet at North 47 for a beer in May

MU82

• All American
« Reply #202 on: May 01, 2021, 07:57:21 AM »
This narrative that Shaka’s plan, or work ethic required, or selfishness, or lack of motivation from DJ is the reason he’s turning pro is some of the dumbest, most reckless nonsense I’ve seen here in awhile.

Talented kid with pro aspirations, who was only rumored to be looking to spend a year in college to begin with when he signed for gods sake, declares for the draft.  Not transferred to a lower level, not complaining, but making a jump up in level where effort, commitment, and work are going to be far more demanding and rigorous.

Stop with this BS that he’s leaving your beloved program cause he couldn’t cut it with higher demands or he’s some spoiled brat that only wanted an easy ride

Thank you.

What the hell is wrong with some people?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
« Reply #203 on: May 01, 2021, 08:48:05 AM »
Someone thinks it, then types it, therefore it is true.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #204 on: May 01, 2021, 09:21:18 AM »
If all these folks in here can read minds as well as they think they can, what are they doing at Scoop? They should be making a killing in the stock market, figuring out how to date Supermodels and the like.....

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #205 on: May 01, 2021, 09:55:14 AM »

I can only speak for myself but I have no problem with DJ Carton (or any other player) deciding that continuing to play at Marquette is not for them. Transfer up, transfer down, transfer laterally - all good. Play for money in the NBA, G League or Uzbekistan - all good, too.

Things not good? 1.Saying one thing (I’m all in) and doing another (See ya). 2. Scoopers loving on ex players who spokes out of both sides of their mouths before leaving and hating on others who didn’t.

Honestly, I bear no ill will towards DJ. I don’t know why he pulled a 180 on us overnight but youth is  probably a fair explanation. My “DJ who?” response was nothing but a jab at the hypocrisy of some here who selectively demonize some players who leave but support others who do likewise.

With that - best of luck, DJ!

« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 07:10:04 PM by Lennys Tap »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #206 on: May 01, 2021, 10:06:08 AM »
I can only speak for myself but I have no problem with DJ Carton (or any other player) deciding that continuing to play at Marquette is not for them. Transfer up, transfer down, transfer laterally - all good. Play for money in the NBA, G League or Uzbekistan - all good, too.

Things not good? 1.Saying one thing (I’m all in) and doing another (See ya). 2. Scoopers loving on ex players who spokes out of both sides of their mouths before leaving and hating on others who didn’t.

Honestly, I bear no ill will towards DJ. I don’t know why he pulled a 180 on us overnight but youth is  probably a fair explanation. My “DJ who?” response was nothing but a jab at the hypocrisy of some here who selectively demonize some players who leave but support others who do likewise.

With that - best of junk, DJ!

I hear you. My criticism was less pointed at you. Im not as bothered by the change of heart as you, but I understand your point. I don’t get and have no time for the other nonsense slander that revolves around him leaving for what amounts to a lack of character or work ethic or whatnot that is entirely unfounded

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #207 on: May 01, 2021, 10:32:05 AM »

Perfectly said, Wags.

I don’t believe DJ is an NBA player, but have zero problem with him chasing his dream. He will still makes lots of $$$ playing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #208 on: May 01, 2021, 10:42:57 AM »
Half the players in the NBA have spent time in the G league.   I think DJ will end up in that club.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

panda

• All American
« Reply #209 on: May 01, 2021, 11:19:41 AM »
It was pretty well established he was only spending a year here. What’s all the fuss about?

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #210 on: May 01, 2021, 04:50:23 PM »
Perfectly said, Wags.

I don’t believe DJ is an NBA player, but have zero problem with him chasing his dream. He will still makes lots of $$$ playing ball.

Never know. Not many folks though Juan Anderson would be in the NBA.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #211 on: May 01, 2021, 06:28:53 PM »
Never know. Not many folks though Juan Anderson would be in the NBA.
Anderson has game that, in the right situation,  translates to the nba...good D, hits the boards, decent 12-15’ shooting. DJ has work to do. He’s not a true 1. Definitely not a 2.  Hoping it works out for him. Love seeing MU represent.

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #212 on: May 01, 2021, 07:18:29 PM »
Tower ...

U think “ half “ of the NBA spent time
in the G League??  LOL ...

No.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #213 on: May 01, 2021, 07:50:57 PM »
Tower ...

U think “ half “ of the NBA spent time
in the G League??  LOL ...

No.

Bucks have 9 players who played in the G League, lol

Bulls have 8, hehe

Nets have 8, haha

Lakers have 8, har har

Jazz have 10. ROFLMAO

NBA roster size is 17.

You’re wrong, it’s fine and don’t understand the G League. “Spending time” doesn’t mean they are undrafted and automatically go to the G League

tower912

• All American
« Reply #214 on: May 01, 2021, 08:31:06 PM »
Statistics from the 18-19 season said 52% of NBA players had spent at least some time in the G league.   Google is your friend.

https://gleague.nba.com/news/nba-g-league-sets-record-for-nba-g-league-alumni-on-nba-end-of-season-rosters/
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 08:46:53 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #215 on: May 01, 2021, 08:59:05 PM »
Anderson has game that, in the right situation,  translates to the nba...good D, hits the boards, decent 12-15’ shooting. DJ has work to do. He’s not a true 1. Definitely not a 2.  Hoping it works out for him. Love seeing MU represent.
Well it took Juan 5-6 years of basically playing international to get there. DJ has the tools.
Goal is National Championship

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #216 on: May 01, 2021, 10:13:43 PM »
Well it took Juan 5-6 years of basically playing international to get there. DJ has the tools.

What tools? Besides physical (only at PG). He does not have NBA-ready shooting, passing, ball handling, or defensive tools.

If he develops at least 2, or more likely 3 of them, he can play in the league. That’s a big if.

And, yes, I hope I am wrong. I too like to see MU players in the NBA.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #217 on: May 01, 2021, 10:27:52 PM »

With that - best of luck, DJ!

We have Scoopers who not only defend the Hausers but LOVE them, seemingly more than they love their alma mater. And that's cool. Whatever floats everybody's boat.

But of DJ and Joey, only one pouted during a season, only one feuded with teammates, only one helped derail a promising season, only one left in a huff.

Some of the same folks who are saying nobody should criticize Joey are criticizing DJ. So yes ... hypocrisy.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #218 on: May 01, 2021, 10:38:35 PM »
What tools? Besides physical (only at PG). He does not have NBA-ready shooting, passing, ball handling, or defensive tools.

Those last 2 are more a function of the system more than DJ.  His handles are more than acceptable.  He’s not Kyrie, but he’s not Markus.  He just got left on an island in that system or was forced to do too much on his own. And he’s a decent defender for his position at this stage in his career. Again, he played in a broken defensive system.

Nobody is saying he’s ready to go get minutes at the NBA level tomorrow, but he’s on plenty of NBA radars for a reason.  And it’s not just cause he’s athletic

FartyEightHours

• Starter
« Reply #219 on: May 01, 2021, 11:09:40 PM »
Shaka is a terrible hire.
My adjectives are wise, brilliant, and sexy

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #220 on: May 02, 2021, 12:55:48 AM »
Shaka is a terrible hire.

Hasn't even won a game at Marquette
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #221 on: May 02, 2021, 09:42:12 AM »

If he develops at least 2, or more likely 3 of them, he can play in the league. That’s a big if.

And, yes, I hope I am wrong. I too like to see MU players in the NBA.
The point was they're there but need to be developed. If you can't see them that's ok, last I'll say.
Goal is National Championship

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #222 on: May 02, 2021, 02:54:08 PM »
We have Scoopers who not only defend the Hausers but LOVE them, seemingly more than they love their alma mater. And that's cool. Whatever floats everybody's boat.

But of DJ and Joey, only one pouted during a season, only one feuded with teammates, only one helped derail a promising season, only one left in a huff.

Some of the same folks who are saying nobody should criticize Joey are criticizing DJ. So yes ... hypocrisy.

Mike

Who here LOVES Joey Hauser at all, let alone more than they love Marquette? Nobody, of course, but I guess if it allows you to indulge yourself in your favorite fantasy (that you’re a “better fan” than others) it serves its purpose.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #223 on: May 02, 2021, 03:22:38 PM »
Mike

Who here LOVES Joey Hauser at all, let alone more than they love Marquette? Nobody, of course, but I guess if it allows you to indulge yourself in your favorite fantasy (that you’re a “better fan” than others) it serves its purpose.

Best of luck, Joey!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #224 on: May 02, 2021, 08:02:40 PM »
Best of luck, Joey!

Attaboy, Mike!