collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2014-15 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 588794 times)

Blackhat

• All American
Re: 2014-15 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #2175 on: January 18, 2015, 05:44:11 PM »
Rodgers surrounded by mediocrity.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2176 on: January 18, 2015, 05:47:54 PM »

No. Rodgers held back by a mediocre coach. Nothing else is mediocre about the Packers.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2177 on: January 18, 2015, 05:51:36 PM »
That sucked all around. I hated that game.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #2178 on: January 18, 2015, 05:52:45 PM »
You've got to explain how he was held back by the coach.  Didn't call the right play?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2179 on: January 18, 2015, 05:53:46 PM »
Damn game is 60 minutes, not 58, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #2180 on: January 18, 2015, 05:54:24 PM »
That sucked all around. I hated that game.

Yep.  Winner should have to donate the SB game to Detroit for charity's sake.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2181 on: January 18, 2015, 06:08:24 PM »
Tons of opportunities.  Two FG's early was big.  Fake punt TD.  Two point miracle.  Inside kick.  Prevent offense.

Seattle also blew some of their opportunities.  Football is not decided by one play, but that won't stop some fans and the media from thinking that way.

Definitely a collapse, but it started long ago.  Have to take care of those situations where you have teams on the ropes.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2182 on: January 18, 2015, 06:09:50 PM »

Best player in the NFL at any position... had an awful game today himself.

brandx

« Reply #2183 on: January 18, 2015, 06:14:35 PM »
Utter collapse job by defense. But we have seen this before from Capers.

The last player was Capers' last 4 years rolled up into one play. With the game on the line, bring both safeties to the line of scrimmage. Probably not another DC that would do that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2184 on: January 18, 2015, 06:17:31 PM »
End of the first quarter, listening to the game on the radio, two short field goals...I say to my wife that settling for two short field goals is how the Lions traditionally lose games.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2185 on: January 18, 2015, 06:19:48 PM »
I really can't blame Capers for that.

I blame an overly conservative 5:00 offense, and a special teams that has been crappy all year.  Bostick was supposed to let Jordy get that ball.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #2186 on: January 18, 2015, 06:22:09 PM »
I'm pretty certain I'm taking up curling next fall.  Or choir.  Something to keep me busy most Sundays.
Ludum habemus.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2187 on: January 18, 2015, 06:26:56 PM »
I really can't blame Capers for that.

I blame an overly conservative 5:00 offense, and a special teams that has been crappy all year.  Bostick was supposed to let Jordy get that ball.

No kidding.

Richard Rodgers has a nice day splitting the middle of the field with a few catches.  Then when it comes down to crunch time we're running him out wide on a button hook and throwing it to him?  Why?  What's the point of having Eddie Lacy if you're going to hand it to James Starks when the game is on the line?  (I know, Starks broke off 1 big run and had a couple other decent runs, but there's no reason that Lacy isn't the guy we should be handing the ball to when we're trying to manage the clock.)  Richard Sherman is playing with literally 1 arm and we don't try to challenge him even once.  Earl Thomas is banged up, too, yet not once in the 2nd half do we even look to take a shot at a big play in the passing game.  And heck, it didn't affect the outcome of the game, but what in the world is the point in taking an immediate timeout with 19 seconds left?  You aren't getting the ball back regardless of whether Crosby makes or misses his field goal.  It's either make it and go to overtime or miss it and they're in the victory formation.  If I'm sitting there wondering what's the point, there's a problem.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2188 on: January 18, 2015, 06:29:42 PM »
No kidding.

Richard Rodgers has a nice day splitting the middle of the field with a few catches.  Then when it comes down to crunch time we're running him out wide on a button hook and throwing it to him?  Why?  What's the point of having Eddie Lacy if you're going to hand it to James Starks when the game is on the line?  (I know, Starks broke off 1 big run and had a couple other decent runs, but there's no reason that Lacy isn't the guy we should be handing the ball to when we're trying to manage the clock.)  Richard Sherman is playing with literally 1 arm and we don't try to challenge him even once.  Earl Thomas is banged up, too, yet not once in the 2nd half do we even look to take a shot at a big play in the passing game.  And heck, it didn't affect the outcome of the game, but what in the world is the point in taking an immediate timeout with 19 seconds left?  You aren't getting the ball back regardless of whether Crosby makes or misses his field goal.  It's either make it and go to overtime or miss it and they're in the victory formation.  If I'm sitting there wondering what's the point, there's a problem.

Paragraphs, please.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2189 on: January 18, 2015, 06:30:29 PM »
No kidding.

According to twitter, and I think Buck/Aikman, Lacy took himself out of the game. Not sure why.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2190 on: January 18, 2015, 06:32:38 PM »
Paragraphs, please.

There's no real paragraphs to be made, but I'll break it down to individual thoughts for you.

Richard Rodgers has a nice day splitting the middle of the field with a few catches.  Then when it comes down to crunch time we're running him out wide on a button hook and throwing it to him?  Why?

What's the point of having Eddie Lacy if you're going to hand it to James Starks when the game is on the line?  (I know, Starks broke off 1 big run and had a couple other decent runs, but there's no reason that Lacy isn't the guy we should be handing the ball to when we're trying to manage the clock.)

Richard Sherman is playing with literally 1 arm and we don't try to challenge him even once.  Earl Thomas is banged up, too, yet not once in the 2nd half do we even look to take a shot at a big play in the passing game.

And heck, it didn't affect the outcome of the game, but what in the world is the point in taking an immediate timeout with 19 seconds left?  You aren't getting the ball back regardless of whether Crosby makes or misses his field goal.  It's either make it and go to overtime or miss it and they're in the victory formation.  If I'm sitting there wondering what's the point, there's a problem.

According to twitter, and I think Buck/Aikman, Lacy took himself out of the game. Not sure why.

I saw him check himself out of the game in like the 3rd quarter, but I thought I heard Buck say that Aaron Andrews reported to them that Lacy is healthy just a coach's decision to start with Starks in there following Seattle's last punt.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #2191 on: January 18, 2015, 06:36:25 PM »
When u can't win a game when they give u 5 to's....

Anyway,  NE vs Seattle should actually be a great Super Bowl, assuming Seattle isn't signing balls away again.

brandx

« Reply #2192 on: January 18, 2015, 06:37:09 PM »
Up 12 with under 5 minutes to play; then giving up 3 TDs in about 5-6 minutes?

Sounds like the definition of a defensive collapse to me. And other than the game winner, there was no coverage on any receiver. There were running loose in the secondary.

Defense gave up 207 yards in 8 minutes; that is Webster's definition of a total defensive collapse.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 06:51:33 PM by brandx »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2193 on: January 18, 2015, 06:54:08 PM »

Sounds like the definition of a defensive collapse to me. And other than the game winner, there was no coverage on any receiver. There were running loose in the secondary.

Defense gave up 207 yards in 8 minutes; that is Webster's definition of a total defensive collapse.

And would've never had the opportunity to give up 145 of those yards had we simply executed an onside kick recovery.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 06:56:36 PM by wadesworld »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2194 on: January 18, 2015, 06:54:48 PM »

Not inaccurate. Though, none of that yardage or TDs should have mattered. Offense was not good in the second half.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2195 on: January 18, 2015, 06:55:01 PM »
I don't necessarily mind taking the two field goals early, but you have to put your foot on the pedal in the third quarter then. Their third quarter drives resulted in no points. That's when you have to really deliver the knockout blow. Possessions become a premium towards the back end of the third.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2196 on: January 18, 2015, 07:12:57 PM »
That was a collapse of Bear-ian proportions!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #2197 on: January 18, 2015, 07:38:24 PM »

McCarthy. So frustrating.

It's ok. He'll hold the team together.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 07:41:20 PM by muarmy81 »

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #2198 on: January 18, 2015, 07:40:35 PM »
That was a collapse of Bear-ian proportions!

Actually no, Chicago never would have had a lead in the game to lose.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2199 on: January 18, 2015, 07:40:56 PM »
Some coaches on D have to go, they basically thought they had the game locked up with 4 minutes to go. The onside
kick and the 2 point conversion was high school football, and the play calling in fourth quarter was terrible. Lots of blame
to go around. What a letdown.