collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2014-15 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 588817 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: 2014-15 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #400 on: September 07, 2014, 06:27:15 PM »
Apparently Conte said after the game he was trying to grab and strip Jackson because he knew a tackle at that point wouldn't make a difference. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's Chris Conte

Except he approached Jackson at the 25 on a bad angle, made first contact at the 20 (37 yard field goal is not a gimme), and got rode down to inside the one.  More so, he was out of position also on an earlier big run. Bears defensive tackles are the issue, their linebackers are weak or over the hill, but Conte fits in that group.

As for the Coach Killer, his issues are the same as they always have:  poor mechanics under pressure and bad decision-making when rushed.  He will make plays one way or the other.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #401 on: September 07, 2014, 06:30:25 PM »
Here's a question. Maybe I'm missing something or maybe people think the 9ers will fall out of contention before their entire team is released from jail, but why does everyone seem to have written off the 49ers? I thought even before the Cowboys just beat themselves that they're still probably the 2nd best team in the NFC but it seems like everyone assumes it will come down to the Packers, Seahawks, or Saints with the Falcons as the next most likely, and I've seen a lot of Cardinals predictions for 2nd in the NFC West. The only team to have really challenged the Seahawks last year were the 49ers. Much like Pete Carroll, I hate Harbough but he certainly gets his teams to consistently perform better than McCarthy does, and McCarthy gets all sorts of praise. Harbough has absolutely owned McCarthy head to head.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #402 on: September 07, 2014, 06:54:04 PM »
Regarding the Niners, the injuries/suspensions on D are worrisome. Harbaugh trying to bolt the organization behind the scenes isn't a good sign.

I thought they are a 9-7 team, they may be, or could be better than that. Their early schedule helps them out, so maybe they are a double digit win team.

Dallas is not good, at all. I think Niners read option the Bears into the ground next Sunday night and slap the Bears around all night.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #403 on: September 07, 2014, 11:24:38 PM »
Except he approached Jackson at the 25 on a bad angle, made first contact at the 20 (37 yard field goal is not a gimme), and got rode down to inside the one.  More so, he was out of position also on an earlier big run. Bears defensive tackles are the issue, their linebackers are weak or over the hill, but Conte fits in that group.

On Manuel's TD run in the first half, it was read option and Conte was flat footed in the middle of the field.  He was massively out of position for either the run or the keep.  It's one thing if he bites bad on the fake, but to be out of position on both is awful.

Cutler did lose 2 starting OL, Jeffrey, and 50% of Marshall throughout the game.  I thought his pocket presence was improved, but he didn't handle those losses well as the game went on.  He looked fantastic in the first half, and that shovel pass as he was getting spun down was fantastic.  Here's to hoping none of the injuries are serious...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #404 on: September 08, 2014, 07:54:38 AM »
Cutler was Cutler.

Beat me to it.

He is a GM and coach's nightmare. You gotta keep him, gotta pay him big bucks because he has too much raw talent and other teams will gladly pay him. And if you dump him, you have to start all over again looking for a QB - something the Bears "perfected" during the two decades between McMahon and Cutler.

But, he is who he is and he'll never change. Two, three, five times a game he kills the team.

That's why he has been a GM and coach killer his entire career. Can't live with him, can't shoot him.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #405 on: September 08, 2014, 09:48:35 AM »
Vikes looked amazing against a bad team.

They are limited offensively, (lets not confuse Cassell with Rodgers), but they have some explosive playmakers at skill positions, and the defense could be good this year (they have some talent on that side of the ball).

I was thinking 7-9, but if they get a couple of breaks, they could be 9-7.

Interesting to see how they play at home (outdoors). That stadium could be pretty fun in Sept. and Oct. (nice weather).

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #406 on: September 08, 2014, 10:57:38 AM »
Vikes looked amazing against a bad team.

They are limited offensively, (lets not confuse Cassell with Rodgers), but they have some explosive playmakers at skill positions, and the defense could be good this year (they have some talent on that side of the ball).

I was thinking 7-9, but if they get a couple of breaks, they could be 9-7.

Interesting to see how they play at home (outdoors). That stadium could be pretty fun in Sept. and Oct. (nice weather).

I grabbed the Vikes last week at +1500 to win the NFC North, too good of a value to pass up, and as I said last week, I really think they can be good (in the playoff hunt) this season.

This Sunday is VERY interesting...I like the Vikes at home against New England. That's next week's game I'm most intrigued by.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #407 on: September 08, 2014, 11:11:55 AM »
I grabbed the Vikes last week at +1500 to win the NFC North, too good of a value to pass up, and as I said last week, I really think they can be good (in the playoff hunt) this season.

This Sunday is VERY interesting...I like the Vikes at home against New England. That's next week's game I'm most intrigued by.

If they are successful this season, I think they will look like the 49ers a few years back when they first had success with Alex Smith. The Vikes are going to run the ball, and hope for some timely passing/big plays. That's the offense. If Cassell drops back 30+ times, it's a bad sign.

The defense is a crazy mix of athletes that look great yesterday, but we'll see what happens against a real offense.

AND, the new NFL is all about passing, a good running game might be the best defensive strategy available. (insert QB) can't hurt you on the sidelines.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #408 on: September 08, 2014, 11:15:57 AM »
If they are successful this season, I think they will look like the 49ers a few years back when they first had success with Alex Smith. The Vikes are going to run the ball, and hope for some timely passing/big plays. That's the offense. If Cassell drops back 30+ times, it's a bad sign.

The defense is a crazy mix of athletes that look great yesterday, but we'll see what happens against a real offense.

AND, the new NFL is all about passing, a good running game might be the best defensive strategy available. (insert QB) can't hurt you on the sidelines.

Zimmer is a hell of a coach, he coaches guys up, guys love playing for him. Good for the Vikes to finally give him a chance.

No one will confuse Cassell with Rodgers, but that offensive has a chance to be really good. Norv Turner is a very good coordinator, they have a good offensive line, he'll use Patterson as a weapon (like yesterday).

They're going to be in the mix, yesterday wasn't a fluke.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #409 on: September 08, 2014, 11:23:00 AM »
They're going to be in the mix, yesterday wasn't a fluke.

I WANT to agree with you, but I'm afraid the Rams are pretty bad.

I guess we'll see what happens.

If/when the Vikes are ahead in a game, I think they are tough. If/when they fall behind in a game, I think it's a big mountain for them to climb. If the opposition can make them 1 dimensional, they are sunk. I just don't think they can execute if the opposition knows what's coming.

brandx

« Reply #410 on: September 08, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »
I WANT to agree with you, but I'm afraid the Rams are pretty bad.

I guess we'll see what happens.

If/when the Vikes are ahead in a game, I think they are tough. If/when they fall behind in a game, I think it's a big mountain for them to climb. If the opposition can make them 1 dimensional, they are sunk. I just don't think they can execute if the opposition knows what's coming.

The defensive showing yesterday meant nothing. My tip for Fantasy football - start the defense playing the Rams as often as you can (I know - just stating the obvious). The Rams will be a bottom 3 team in the league offensively.

Now, I do like Zimmer, so I expect the defense to get better, but I have a really hard time seeing this team win more than 8 games.... and if Peterson goes down or only puts up 1000 - 1200 yards, they will be hard pressed to win 6.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #411 on: September 08, 2014, 12:06:13 PM »
So does Ray Rice now get a suspension that fits the crime or...?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #412 on: September 08, 2014, 12:11:07 PM »
So does Ray Rice now get a suspension that fits the crime or...?

The NFL claiming they couldn't get that video...someone needs to be fired now for either being stupid or lying.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #413 on: September 08, 2014, 12:13:12 PM »
The NFL claiming they couldn't get that video...someone needs to be fired now for either being stupid or lying.

Yeah that's what I was wondering, how that video is just now coming out.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #414 on: September 08, 2014, 12:20:35 PM »
Over/under RR is cut by the Ravens?  Line set @ Tuesday 11am.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #415 on: September 08, 2014, 12:49:21 PM »
Over/under RR is cut by the Ravens?  Line set @ Tuesday 11am.

Not happening.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #416 on: September 08, 2014, 12:54:41 PM »
Not happening.

Yup, lets remember, Stallworth killed a guy while driving drunk, Vick and Burris both spent 2 years in prison each and Jamal Lewis had some issues but they all came back with relative ease. This is the NFL were talking about here.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #417 on: September 08, 2014, 01:00:22 PM »
As long as they don't smoke pot......
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #418 on: September 08, 2014, 01:07:16 PM »
Obviously they should release him, should have done it months ago.

Contractually, they virtually can't. If they did so, they'd have approx $14 mil in dead cap money the next two years.

Clearly, that should not matter one bit here, unless they can figure out a way to get back some of his signing bonus, I don't know what they do with him. For once, would love to see an NFL team say "screw it" and just do the right thing, money be d*mned.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #419 on: September 08, 2014, 01:10:20 PM »
Yup, lets remember, Stallworth killed a guy while driving drunk,

And now, because the universe is hilarious, he's a political and national security commentator and writer for Huffington Post...

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #420 on: September 08, 2014, 01:23:38 PM »

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #421 on: September 08, 2014, 01:25:32 PM »
Glad the Ravens finally did the right thing.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #422 on: September 08, 2014, 01:27:44 PM »
And the under wins!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #423 on: September 08, 2014, 03:12:03 PM »
Dayyyyyum.

Impressive Ravens, impressive.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #424 on: September 08, 2014, 03:45:18 PM »
Dayyyyyum.

Impressive Ravens, impressive.

Not really. The fact that it took this video coming out before either the ravens or NFL did what should have done from the get is a travesty. Video or not, anyone who took a moment to think about it knew what happened in that elevator. The fact that only when publicly confronted with this video did they take appropriate action, should probably be grounds for Goddell to lose his job. Absolute embarrassment.