[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Jay Bee
[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU Scoop Fantasy Football League  (Read 3336 times)

wadesworld

• All American
MU Scoop Fantasy Football League
« on: August 26, 2017, 02:22:44 PM »
https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1104138/invitation?key=a297e36ca16e76ea&ikey=c198ba8997c5c86a

I set up a fantasy football league just for fun through Yahoo.  12 team league, draft the night before the NFL opening night (Wednesday, 9/6) at 7 PM CT.  Can change the draft time if needed.  I haven't changed any of the scoring but if we want scoring changes we can look into that, although I typically prefer standard scoring.  Not sure how the draft order works but hoping Yahoo will just randomly generate it.  Join if you'd like, first come first serve.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: MU Scoop Fantasy Football League
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 02:40:55 PM »
But yahoo? You 40 year old monsters.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 02:49:21 PM »
I got in. But it was painful

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 03:17:07 PM »
Yahoo? This 2001?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 03:34:20 PM »
You can always join my Geocities league

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 04:16:59 PM »
You can always join my Geocities league

Sandbox Fantasy Sports, for life.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 04:17:33 PM »
Well that was easy to identify the fantasy football snobs of Scoop.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 04:27:56 PM »
Well that was easy to identify the fantasy football snobs of Scoop.

Yahoo is the above ground pool version of fantasy sports.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 11:23:50 AM »
Yahoo is the above ground pool version of fantasy sports.

Above ground hot tub.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 10:58:07 PM »
No buy-in, I assume?  (If not, what's the point?)

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2017, 11:33:03 PM »
No buy-in, I assume?  (If not, what's the point?)

having fun?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2017, 12:45:48 AM »
having fun?

It's not fun unless you can win a few bucks. Especially from Wades.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2017, 06:43:30 AM »
It's not that hard to set up a league in the format that you like is it? A lot of complaining for little effort to set it up in the complainers' preferred format.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2017, 06:22:24 PM »
I'm in.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2017, 06:39:22 PM »
It's not fun unless you can win a few bucks. Especially from Wades.

I'd think it better to just pick up any player he whines about with PEDS

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2017, 09:48:20 PM »
I'd think it better to just pick up any player he whines about with PEDS

I don't care one bit. That's what's funny about it. Chicago sports fans will cry afoul about Clay because he gets hurt and went from a walk on to an All Pro player with big muscles (ignore the fact that he has the genetics of a family that had multiple NFL players before him) but when someone brings up their pitcher who went from a can't-stay-in-the-majors pitcher to the best pitcher in baseball at the youthful, developmental age of 28 years old they scream and cry like a 6 year old refusing to believe Santa isn't real. It's kind of ironic. Nor is it remotely possible that some guy who came up in the absolute heart of the steroid era, consistently threw 100 MPH, and was constantly hurt took steroids. He did it clean. He just got injured because he threw this crazy pitch that nobody else throws, called a curveball.

But taking players who used PEDs is a good strategy. They take them for a reason and they're typically some of the best players at their sport for a reason. So sound strategy.

I'm certainly not whining that Braun took them (though I do think he's a POS for how he handled it). I'm certainly not whining that I agree that Clay took PEDs (though I wish he'd find a way to stay on the field). And I'm definitely not whining that I think Giannis took PEDs. And I'm hopeful Thames gets back on them, because lord knows he could use them.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 09:55:33 PM by QuentinsWorld »

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2017, 10:02:06 PM »
I don't care one bit. That's what's funny about it. Chicago sports fans will cry afoul about Clay because he gets hurt and went from a walk on to an All Pro player with big muscles (ignore the fact that he has the genetics of a family that had multiple NFL players before him) but when someone brings up their pitcher who went from a can't-stay-in-the-majors pitcher to the best pitcher in baseball at the youthful, developmental age of 28 years old they scream and cry like a 6 year old refusing to believe Santa isn't real. It's kind of ironic. Nor is it remotely possible that some guy who came up in the absolute heart of the steroid era, consistently threw 100 MPH, and was constantly hurt took steroids. He did it clean. He just got injured because he threw this crazy pitch that nobody else throws, called a curveball.

But taking players who used PEDs is a good strategy. They take them for a reason and they're typically some of the best players at their sport for a reason. So sound strategy.

I'm certainly not whining that Braun took them (though I do think he's a POS for how he handled it). I'm certainly not whining that I agree that Clay took PEDs (though I wish he'd find a way to stay on the field). And I'm definitely not whining that I think Giannis took PEDs. And I'm hopeful Thames gets back on them, because lord knows he could use them.
Hey man, I made you write 3 paragraphs off a slight jab. This fantasy season is going to be fun. The jumping Wally's will be victorious.

Also can we not have the draft on Wednesday? I go back to school that day, then have football at 6.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2017, 10:05:17 PM »
Hey man, I made you write 3 paragraphs off a slight jab. This fantasy season is going to be fun. The jumping Wally's will be victorious.

Also can we not have the draft on Wednesday? I go back to school that day, then have football at 6.

Congrats. Thank you for your service.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2017, 10:18:46 PM »

Wow.

wadesworld

• All American

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2017, 11:15:22 PM »
Edit: Started a new thread with an updated league.

feedback