Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz & Trent Lockett  (Read 37366 times)

🏀

• All American
Buzz & Trent Lockett
« on: April 13, 2012, 07:41:46 PM »
TWIIIIIIIIITA TRACKKKKKA

aluckhardt1 AJ Luckhardt
@BIGGCAT44 another one for ya...apparently this is Trent Lockett who is transferring?

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Buzz & Trent Lockett
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 07:47:46 PM »
Wow.  Nice find.  Who Tweeted that one and where were they?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 07:49:32 PM »
Also, is it illegal for him to have contact with Lockett? And what other speculations could this lead to (i.e., player/s departing)? Oy vey
SS Marquette

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 07:50:46 PM »
Wow.  Nice find.  Who Tweeted that one and where were they?

All the backstory I can find is it was taken by a roommate of a guy who has a Marquette friend. Either people are anyone.

I do not disappoint when it comes to Twitter Tracker.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 07:53:33 PM »
Also, is it illegal for him to have contact with Lockett? And what other speculations could this lead to (i.e., player/s departing)? Oy vey

Since Lockett announced his transfer, I would imagine not. If ASU hasn't granted a release, I think he's probably taking his degree and leaving.

I think all the speculation can become real now. Pretty hard to think everyone is staying while Buzz is sitting down with Lockett.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 07:58:10 PM »
Great work PTM.  But of course this doesn't mean that someone who suited up in 2011-12 is leaving.  My bet is still the big fella from Texas for a year of Prep while Lockett 'borrows' his scholly.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 08:03:11 PM »
Great work PTM.  But of course this doesn't mean that someone who suited up in 2011-12 is leaving.

Very true.

Lockett will graduate from ASU on May 3rd.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 08:24:24 PM »
If it's true then it's a damn shame were gonna have him only for a yr.
SS Marquette

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 08:51:20 PM »

Better 1 than none!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 08:57:39 PM »

If he's as ready as indicated, that could be perfect. One year for further acclimation for Todd and TJ, then we have 2 legit scoring 2s for the two years after. It's a perfect bridge player. Hopefully he essentially gives us one more year of a DJO proxy before the sophomores become juniors.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 09:10:23 PM »
Too bad for him to that he was stuck at asu, as bad as they were.  I mean, the team was 3rd in the country in turnovers last year.

Seeing as our Florida game was basically on their campus, I'm glad if that didn't discourage him!
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 09:33:30 PM »
Talk about a multitasker.  Going over plays on an iPad while making a call on his iPhone.

On a side note, I'm  a little uneasy seeing this.  From a privacy point of view rather than a recruiting issue.  Guess I'm an old geezer.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 10:07:02 PM »
Great work PTM.  But of course this doesn't mean that someone who suited up in 2011-12 is leaving.  My bet is still the big fella from Texas for a year of Prep while Lockett 'borrows' his scholly.

If you told me that I could pick the incoming recruit that would be asked not to come, I wouldn't pick Durley.  IMO, we need Durley.  Otherwise, we have no size coming in 2012 and so far in 2013. 

We are so loaded at the guard / wing, that a player like Ferguson is the one I would hope doesn't show.

Of course, if all of our incoming freshman have been admitted, they would have to voluntarily decide to go elsewhere since the NLI commits MU to at least one year.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 10:10:18 PM »
Of course, if all of our incoming freshman have been admitted, they would have to voluntarily decide to go elsewhere since the NLI commits MU to at least one year.

My guess is Buzz already knows who either is transferring or not coming. And I'd guess that person knows as well. He seems too organized to bring someone in without a well-orchestrated plan in place.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 10:11:19 PM »
Can't we overspend 1 scholarship and just pay the luxury tax.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 10:37:39 PM »

If you told me that I could pick the incoming recruit that would be asked not to come, I wouldn't pick Durley.  IMO, we need Durley.  Otherwise, we have no size coming in 2012 and so far in 2013. 

We are so loaded at the guard / wing, that a player like Ferguson is the one I would hope doesn't show.

But Chris and Ox still have 2 years Sultan. (Let's not discuss the 6th Chris year again, please.)  My guess is that either Durley comes the following year or some impressive 'big' replaces him in the '13 class realizing that he learns for one year and then plays as a Sophomore.  If Buzz knows how to do anything, it's play 3 guard and a #3+#3 or #4.  But if your scenario is correct, that's fine too.  All I know is that our second 5 (somebody previously outlined) is really strong if Lockett commits and starts at the #2.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 10:45:14 PM »
Maybe Lockett will just get an academic scholarship...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 10:46:41 PM »
A) Are we sure that's Lockett?

B) Are you sure the picture isn't Photoshopped?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 11:04:11 PM »

The photo isn't photoshopped, but I can't say that it's for sure Lockett.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 11:04:22 PM »

It sure looks like him, and if that is Photoshopped that is one incredible Photoshopping job.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2012, 12:23:29 AM »

If it's on Twitter, it must be true.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2012, 12:28:29 AM »

I didn't go forensic science on the picture, but I did check a picture of Lockett's side profile. His curled his ears match rather well with the Twitter picture.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 05:57:59 AM »
My guess is Buzz already knows who either is transferring or not coming. And I'd guess that person knows as well. He seems too organized to bring someone in without a well-orchestrated plan in place.

This.

I hope.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2012, 07:24:55 AM »
But Chris and Ox still have 2 years Sultan. (Let's not discuss the 6th Chris year again, please.)  My guess is that either Durley comes the following year or some impressive 'big' replaces him in the '13 class realizing that he learns for one year and then plays as a Sophomore.  If Buzz knows how to do anything, it's play 3 guard and a #3+#3 or #4.  But if your scenario is correct, that's fine too.  All I know is that our second 5 (somebody previously outlined) is really strong if Lockett commits and starts at the #2.

Why would we assume that he would come the following year?  And yeah, that would also open up room in 2013, but then the new big would only have one year.

But brew is right...Buzz already knows what is going on.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 07:47:13 AM »
Here is a picture of Lockett.  I'll let the forensic experts analyze it versus the picture above.

feedback