'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The difference  (Read 1213 times)

tower912

• All American
The difference
« on: January 07, 2010, 06:41:30 AM »
We essentially played the same game we have played twice before in the BEast, and going back, against FSU, too.   Tight games, early leads, free throws missed in the last minute.     THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT THE TEAM FINALLY MADE A DEFENSIVE STOP DOWN THE STRETCH.    Jimmy Butler made a great individual defensive play and got the rebound.   Phew.    Food tastes better, beer tastes better, and that dull ache at the base of my skull has gone away. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
Re: The difference
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 07:12:21 AM »
 Granted Hayward forced some shots in the last couple of minutes he grabbed some big boards against Georgetown and had a big pass out to DJO
for a three point shot, as well as draining two free throws and a big steal. They doubled Hayward in the idea that when he was going up to shoot a shot blocker
would come over and it seemed as if he was blocked 3 or 4 seperate times.

Hayward's hustle in the last couple minutes won that game, so much for Lazar not playing defense Meminger with that big steal with 4 fouls
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 08:25:10 AM »
I'll need to watch it again .. but there's a difference between "making a defensive stop" and "the other team missing"

TJ

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 08:38:51 AM »
I'll need to watch it again .. but there's a difference between "making a defensive stop" and "the other team missing"
You do have to give Butler credit for getting a HUGE defensive rebound instead of letting them have 2-3 chances at it as we've seen in the past.