[Today at 08:37:20 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JTJ3
[Today at 06:35:06 AM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buffalo @ MU Crowd  (Read 27485 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Buffalo @ MU Crowd
« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2018, 10:55:24 PM »
I think your friend was full of it.  No way that was remotely what happened. There was a very large pre sale

He showed me the memo.  7500.

I don't doubt .. there was a huge miscommunication somewhere.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2018, 10:55:47 PM »
That can’t be right.  According to the Badger message boards the Wisconsin game is the only time Marquette fills the place.
Well stated.  :D
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2018, 10:57:41 PM »
The new arena may be making a real difference.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #153 on: December 21, 2018, 11:01:53 PM »
That can’t be right.  According to the Badger message boards the Wisconsin game is the only time Marquette fills the place.

I go onto it with some @$$-clown BADger commenter on the recent The Athletic interview with Wojo. The dude was a complete jag and claimed that the Becky game was the only one we pack the house for.  Love the paranoia starting to emanate from Madison.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #154 on: December 21, 2018, 11:12:24 PM »
I go onto it with some @$$-clown BADger commenter on the recent The Athletic interview with Wojo. The dude was a complete jag and claimed that the Becky game was the only one we pack the house for.  Love the paranoia starting to emanate from Madison.

Ha. Same.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #155 on: December 21, 2018, 11:24:18 PM »
The new arena may be making a real difference.

Although we’ll never truly know how it would have been in another year, it is great that the debut year for FF is also the best the team has been under Wojo—brings the crowds out and keeps em pumped up.  Hope we can (re)establish a strong home presence!

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #156 on: December 21, 2018, 11:51:14 PM »
Sand joker was one of the naysayers
Was not
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #157 on: December 21, 2018, 11:56:42 PM »
Never said we wouldnt have a good crowd attendance wise.  In fact i said over my 40 years mu fans usually responded very well to a ranked mu team n aranked opponent.  only questioned whether we coukd have an electric atmodphere with out the students.  And im glad to see that we were

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #158 on: December 22, 2018, 12:07:05 AM »
Never said we wouldnt have a good crowd attendance wise.  In fact i said over my 40 years mu fans usually responded very well to a ranked mu team n aranked opponent.  only questioned whether we coukd have an electric atmodphere with out the students.  And im glad to see that we were

Probably the best crowd of the year. Students may be overrated in making a difference when it comes to the atmosphere. Fans like to see exciting play and tonight they got it.

Funny that MU packs the place for a buy game in late December when students are on break. Especially after the talk that MU belongs in a 10k seat arena and the only time they could draw any more fans than that is when the big bad badgers come to town.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #159 on: December 22, 2018, 12:12:38 AM »
I have never said that MU "belongs" in a 10,000-seat arena. What I have said is that such an on-campus arena would make for an incredible atmosphere game-in and game-out. And when we play the biggest games, we could still play at a bigger place.

I mean, does Duke "belong" in a 9,314-seat arena?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #160 on: December 22, 2018, 12:30:47 AM »
Probably the best crowd of the year. Students may be overrated in making a difference when it comes to the atmosphere. Fans like to see exciting play and tonight they got it.

Don’t get me wrong, the crowd tonight was fantastic, but it didn’t compare to the Wisconsin game having the students with a few hours of drinking under their belts.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #161 on: December 22, 2018, 12:35:20 AM »
Don’t get me wrong, the crowd tonight was fantastic, but it didn’t compare to the Wisconsin game having the students with a few hours of drinking under their belts.

Accurate. And there wasn't the same visceral hatred for Buffalo fueling it on. But a great building tonight. Super fun.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #162 on: December 22, 2018, 12:41:46 AM »

Funny that MU packs the place for a buy game in late December when students are on break. Especially after the talk that MU belongs in a 10k seat arena and the only time they could draw any more fans than that is when the big bad badgers come to town.

Agrred i said that was retarded to whomever was saying 10-12.  Titally hypothetical byt if mu ever built, 15 k minimum

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #163 on: December 22, 2018, 12:48:41 AM »
Jimmy Mac was a very happy camper at the game today. Love to see him yelling and cheering on thr highlights.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #164 on: December 22, 2018, 01:00:03 AM »
Accurate. And there wasn't the same visceral hatred for Buffalo fueling it on. But a great building tonight. Super fun.

Yeah, it was a bit of hyperbole when comparing it to the badger crowd. The momentum from that win carried over into this game which also didn’t hurt. The games have been really fun this year. Can’t wait for conference play.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #165 on: December 22, 2018, 01:37:18 AM »
Agrred i said that was retarded to whomever was saying 10-12.  Titally hypothetical byt if mu ever built, 15 k minimum

Yeah, no. And please don't use retarded. That word was phased out of civil conversation like 10 years ago.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #166 on: December 22, 2018, 06:47:19 AM »
There is definitely excitement building around the team and it showed with the crowd last night. This is a team that likely has no true favorite player to the fans, which is a good thing. It shows that it is not about one or two players, but rather, a team. Winning is the best sales tool for a program. Again, hat’s off to the program for creating some juice in the arena, and on the streets after the game. This is what game day is supposed to look like.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #167 on: December 22, 2018, 08:32:04 AM »
Regarding attendance:  Should be noted that season ticket holders were awarded free tickets to one non-conference game (excluding Wisconsin and K-State games).  So.  If you purchased 2 tickets as a season ticket holder, you were comped 2 tickets to the game of your choosing.  I chose this game as it was clearly the best of the non-con slate - Friday night game too.  (Sold all 4 on Stub Hub.)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #168 on: December 22, 2018, 09:06:59 AM »
Wait. You didn't go?  ?-(
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #169 on: December 22, 2018, 09:18:49 AM »

Maybe he wanted to be the first to blast the team on scoop if we lost and he needed to be near his computer  :)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #170 on: December 22, 2018, 10:32:31 AM »
Maybe he wanted to be the first to blast the team on scoop if we lost and he needed to be near his computer  :)

Yeah, that Fiserv Forum WiFi doesn't help with the rapid post ability.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #171 on: December 22, 2018, 10:36:02 AM »
Yeah, no. And please don't use retarded. That word was phased out of civil conversation like 10 years ago.

What's wrong? Coloreds and Orientals and Yids don't like it? Snowflakes! (nh)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #172 on: December 22, 2018, 10:39:38 AM »

I think your use of the word retarded is unfortunate. However since you can’t seem to write a sentence free of grammatical and/or spelling errors, it gives me delicious irony that warms me up on a cold day.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #173 on: December 22, 2018, 10:45:09 AM »

Unfortunately not.  Had to attend a Christmas party.  (And then my DVR didn't record game.)

Getting to games is a flight for me.  I can only get to about 4 games per year, but bought the season ticket package to support program/get priority access to good seats for marquee games.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #174 on: December 22, 2018, 10:56:04 AM »
Unfortunately not.  Had to attend a Christmas party.  (And then my DVR didn't record game.)

Getting to games is a flight for me.  I can only get to about 4 games per year, but bought the season ticket package to support program/get priority access to good seats for marquee games.

You didn't really miss much, though I heard that one Marquette player had a very good second half.

feedback