Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by wadesworld
[Today at 04:36:45 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:18:45 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[Today at 04:14:43 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by PJDunn
[Today at 03:14:56 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 03:01:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by GOO
[Today at 02:58:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: John Clay  (Read 2140 times)

wadesworld

• All American
John Clay
« on: September 26, 2009, 01:33:55 PM »
Wasn't this kid having trouble academically in high school?  I thought I remembered him being academically inelligible or close to it going into (or during?) his freshman year at UW.  The commentators just said that he has a 3.65 GPA at UW.  If both of these things are correct, then UW fans saying that our basketball team gets automatic diplomas is an absolute joke.  Almost all schools are the same when it comes to the academic treatment of their athletes.

Also, they showed a clip of a class at UW from yesterday and the teacher was teaching the students how to "Jump Around."  Really challenging curriculum.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

copious1218

• All American
Re: John Clay
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 02:00:11 PM »
HA, glad I'm not the only one that noticed both of those things.  I have no insight as to Clay's academic standing while in high school, but I can say that Racine public schools are less than challenging.  If he struggled there, he must be getting a lot of help at UW.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 02:45:50 PM »
Let's avoid a pissing match as to the academic standing of UW vs MU. As for athletes, they're pampered at all institutions.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Buzz4Prez

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 03:34:41 PM »
John Clay is not the first to receive this type of treatment, and he will not be the last. I can name off a few off the top of my head that I knew from my time at High School that should not have even been thinking about college at all, and they got into MU without a second look.

Just to name a few...
Marcus Landry
Travis Beckum
John Clay

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 04:37:33 PM »
And we graduated the likes of Will Gates.  I think he's still taking the ACT.  Give it a rest people.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 09:14:11 PM »
exactly, I believe the high road is in the other direction...

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 12:00:51 PM »
Let's avoid a pissing match as to the academic standing of UW vs MU. As for athletes, they're pampered at all institutions.

+1

feedback