[Today at 10:36:59 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2023 NFL Draft/Offseason  (Read 19213 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: 2023 NFL Draft/Offseason
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2023, 10:11:26 PM »
O, eye sea. New ewe guys were heer four a reason, hey?

Per the Sultan Rules, you admit you were wrong, and it can no longer be held against you.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2023, 10:14:05 PM »
Per the Sultan Rules, you admit you were wrong, and it can no longer be held against you.

4ever asked and was answered.  No harm.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2023, 11:00:54 PM »
Instant reaction is I do not love the trade. My team gave up a ton, and still doesn't have nearly enough talent. And while I really like Bryce Young, I don't think he or any QB in this draft is close to being the proverbial "sure thing."

But I'm trying to keep an open mind until I see what the Panthers do over the next couple months. They could sign a couple of good free-agent receivers to give their new QB some reliable targets; they still have a decent number of draft picks this year thanks to the McCaffrey trade and could use them wisely (which would be a nice change of pace!); hell, they could even trade down a couple spots with the pick they just got from the Bears and then claim they got the QB they wanted all along.

Gave up a ton, though, including a talented and proven WR. Tough to love it right this instant.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2023, 06:36:19 AM »

Actually that's not what I said at all. If you want to continue to make fun of me for mixing up Wrightsil and Ellis, and call me a racist for doing so even though I admitted my error, feel free. Doesn't bother me in the least and says way more about you than it does me.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2023, 07:16:34 AM »
Instant reaction is I do not love the trade. My team gave up a ton, and still doesn't have nearly enough talent. And while I really like Bryce Young, I don't think he or any QB in this draft is close to being the proverbial "sure thing."

But I'm trying to keep an open mind until I see what the Panthers do over the next couple months. They could sign a couple of good free-agent receivers to give their new QB some reliable targets; they still have a decent number of draft picks this year thanks to the McCaffrey trade and could use them wisely (which would be a nice change of pace!); hell, they could even trade down a couple spots with the pick they just got from the Bears and then claim they got the QB they wanted all along.

Gave up a ton, though, including a talented and proven WR. Tough to love it right this instant.
This is the hot rumor right now.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2023, 08:12:54 AM »
This is the hot rumor right now.

It makes a lot of sense. Unless there is one guy you must have, the best thing about having the No. 1 draft choice (as the Bears found out) is that you control the draft in the weeks, days and hours before it begins.

The Panthers obviously really, really like at least one of the QBs or they wouldn't have made the trade. Over the next several weeks, they could absolutely fall in love with one of them and say, "We can't take a chance that he won't be there," and use the pick they just got to draft him. Or they could really like 2 or 3 of them just about equally and say, "We'll be happy with whoever is there," and trade it for a pretty nice haul.

They were convinced about 2 things: They definitely wanted a QB in this draft; and they were sure he wasn't gonna be there at No. 9. So they were proactive well in advance of the draft and they gave themselves options.

I'm skeptical that they will use those options well, but I'm hoping they will.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2023, 08:19:33 AM »
I have no idea why he doesn't just shut the F up until this is all done.

I think it was done with a purpose.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2023, 08:53:58 AM »

Take the trade, Aaron
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2023, 08:59:51 AM »
Rodgers is toxic and the entire NFL knows it unfortunately for the Packers.  The Jets are just a very desperate organization. 

• All American
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2023, 09:43:16 AM »

Exactly. Mark Murphy isn’t going to be interviewed during the girls state tournament unless he has something to say. He’s not dumb.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2023, 11:16:25 AM »
Here's what Panthers GM Scott Fitterer was asked during the combine about possibly trading up to get in position for a quarterback:

“You go get the guy that you want. If you have conviction on a guy, you go get him. It’s pretty simple that way. If you don’t know and you’re going to give all these resources to go up and get it, you’re hurting your team in the long run. You better be right. You better have conviction if you do move up. But when you do that, you’re all in.”

He's right about better being right, as he certainly put his own job on the line.

The Athletic's Panthers beat writer said: "The Panthers were comfortable getting to either No. 1 or No. 2 on the draft board, according to a source with knowledge of the trade talks who was provided anonymity so he could speak freely. That suggests the Panthers feel good about two of the QBs."

He also said that "many in league circles" believe the Panthers favor Stroud for his accuracy and pro-QB size.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2023, 02:17:41 PM »
Exactly. Mark Murphy isn’t going to be interviewed during the girls state tournament unless he has something to say. He’s not dumb.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2023, 04:35:46 PM »
As a Bears fan I’m happy with return. What I look for in all Poles’s moves is that they have an eye on the future beyond next year.  Moore is under contract for a few years and the panthers pick next year is potentially top 10.
Sure would like to have the Claypool pick back, at least at this point.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2023, 05:03:02 PM »
As a Bears fan I’m happy with return. What I look for in all Poles’s moves is that they have an eye on the future beyond next year.  Moore is under contract for a few years and the panthers pick next year is potentially top 10.
Sure would like to have the Claypool pick back, at least at this point.

I also expect a much better showing from Claypool after a full offseason with the team and more talent on that side of the ball.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2023, 05:08:10 PM »
I also expect a much better showing from Claypool after a full offseason with the team and more talent on that side of the ball.

Yeah. I hope you’re right, Vander. Who do you like at #9?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2023, 07:45:47 PM »

Not vander...

Oregon CB, Skoronowski or best DL

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2023, 01:25:07 PM »
Considering what they gave up to get him, Rams sold Ramsey for 30 cents on the dollar.

Guess no one else could beat Miami’s ho hum offer.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2023, 11:23:37 AM »
Considering what they gave up to get him, Rams sold Ramsey for 30 cents on the dollar.

Guess no one else could beat Miami’s ho hum offer.

Rams got a ring and a new stadium...and now are going to be entering a weird purgatory period.  He may have stuck around for another year but I can't see McVay wanting to stay much longer given the exodus.

Also not Vander, but I'd take a Jaden Carter free fall.  But realistically, I think I actually like Paris Johnson over Skoronowski.  I think he's a better athlete and his size is really intriguing.  Other than that I also like Lukas Van Ness, I think he's gonna be a really good pass rusher at the next level.

And while its kind of crazy, I don't HATE the idea of Bijan Robinson, especially if people are talking about him like another Saquon.  Adding him and Moore, not including any FA signings, upgrades Fields' options in a HURRY
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 12:21:45 PM by JWags85 »

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2023, 11:45:06 AM »
Rams got a ring and a new stadium...and now are going to be entering a weird purgatory period.  He may have stuck around for another year but I can't see McVay wanting to stay much longer given the exodus.

I think they are well on their way to completely blowing it up this offseason. They have their 2024 1st rounder. Tank and be in the Caleb Williams sweepstakes.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2023, 02:09:08 PM »
I think they are well on their way to completely blowing it up this offseason. They have their 2024 1st rounder. Tank and be in the Caleb Williams sweepstakes.
Great, another season of explaining why and how teams tank to some Scoopers. :(

• All American
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2023, 02:15:19 PM »
Great, another season of explaining why and how teams tank to some Scoopers. :(

I don't think "how and why teams tank" is exactly what the issue was, but have fun.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2023, 02:34:44 PM »
Lions will sign Cam Sutton from the Steelers.  That changes their priorities for the first round of the draft.  I think even more strongly that Detroit will be looking interior defense.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2023, 03:03:18 PM »
Jimmy G to the Raiders.

Counting down to AR to the Jets.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2023, 03:10:29 PM »
Bears didn't want to give $60 million guaranteed to Roquan because an off-ball linebacker isn't that valuable, but they give a $50 million guarantee to Tremaine Edmunds.
Hmmm.
In fairness, they did get a late 2nd out of the deal, but it's still a downgrade for minimal savings.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 03:18:26 PM by Pakuni »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2023, 03:20:32 PM »
Panthers about to sign Shy Tuttle.

That's right, we've got Shy freakin' Tuttle now. Super Bowl or bust, baby!