collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1130946 times)

shoothoops

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #8775 on: November 02, 2020, 10:47:52 AM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8776 on: November 02, 2020, 10:54:09 AM »
Well, apparently the U.S. isn't the only place full of people who have a misunderstanding of the law.

People in England are refusing to lock down, using Section 61 of the Magna Carta as an excuse.  Search on Twitter.  It's both funny and weirdly familiar.

Liberate them.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #8777 on: November 02, 2020, 11:19:25 AM »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8778 on: November 02, 2020, 01:48:39 PM »
The outbreak is so bad in Belgium, some Covid-positive health workers are being asked to keep working

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/27/europe/belgium-coronavirus-hospitals-intl/?hpt=ob_blogfooterold

Health workers in some hospitals in Liege, Belgium's third largest city and a coronavirus hotspot, have been asked to continue working even if they test positive for Covid-19 -- as long as they are not showing any symptoms of the disease.

Top health official have warned that Belgium could run out of intensive care beds in as little as two weeks and some hospitals are facing staff shortages. The country of 11.5 million people has reported on average more than 13,000 cases a day in the past week, according to the national public health institute Sciensano. The Covid-19 outbreak in Belgium is the second worst in Europe in terms of new cases per capita, after only the Czech Republic.

---------------

Unfortunate and disturbing. The way numbers are still skyrocketing in the Dakotas, Iowa, Wisconsin and a few other places, I wouldn't rule out seeing this here as fall and winter progress....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8779 on: November 02, 2020, 03:10:37 PM »
Nobody will ever out-lie Shuckabee, but Jud Deere does his best.

You know, Kayleigh is so, so, so very bad -- gleefully lying for her emperor day after day -- that I sometimes miss the S.S. Huckabee. At least she acted like she couldn't stand her job for a minute.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8780 on: November 02, 2020, 03:17:46 PM »
You know, Kayleigh is so, so, so very bad -- gleefully lying for her emperor day after day -- that I sometimes miss the S.S. Huckabee. At least she acted like she couldn't stand her job for a minute.

I can't believe she's actually quite intelligent. thought she was just a stubborn bimbo for Trump's fans to fawn over didn't realize she had attended Georgetown and Harvard Law.
Maigh Eo for Sam

reinko

• All American
« Reply #8781 on: November 02, 2020, 04:04:42 PM »
Bimbo and fat jokes (if that is what you were getting @ 82 with the S.S comments) are not necessary and are sexist.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #8782 on: November 02, 2020, 04:25:02 PM »
Bimbo and fat jokes (if that is what you were getting @ 82 with the S.S comments) are not necessary and are sexist.

I think he was commenting on what prolific liars they are. Nothing sexist about it.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8783 on: November 02, 2020, 04:33:12 PM »

I didn't call her a bimbo?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #8784 on: November 02, 2020, 05:10:33 PM »
I didn't call her a bimbo?

> thought she was just a stubborn bimbo

So at one point you thought she was a bimbo.

That's sexist.

I rest my case, your honor.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #8785 on: November 02, 2020, 05:14:10 PM »
I can't believe she's actually quite intelligent. thought she was just a stubborn bimbo for Trump's fans to fawn over didn't realize she had attended Georgetown and Harvard Law.

I thought she was a stubborn bimbo...but apparently because she went to a fancy school, now she isn’t?

Again, I’m as a big liberal as you are, but blond hair, woman...bimbo is a term that is weighted in her gender.

You can call her uninformed, vapid, hypocrite, on a different planet...but whatever.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #8786 on: November 02, 2020, 05:48:58 PM »

The Harvard law thing is weird. She spent her first two years of law school at Miami (FL). It's rare for people to transfer law schools after two years and usually, that doesn't get one a degree from the school to which they transfer. Who knows.

But, when one considers Ron Desantis is a Harvard Law grad it's easy to question their standards.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #8787 on: November 02, 2020, 06:08:36 PM »
Wow, they let in DeSantis but didn’t want me.....

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #8788 on: November 02, 2020, 06:15:59 PM »
The Harvard law thing is weird. She spent her first two years of law school at Miami (FL). It's rare for people to transfer law schools after two years and usually, that doesn't get one a degree from the school to which they transfer. Who knows.

But, when one considers Ron Desantis is a Harvard Law grad it's easy to question their standards.

Amorality and intelligence aren't mutually exclusive.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 06:33:38 PM by Pakuni »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8789 on: November 02, 2020, 06:19:47 PM »
I am just about finished with Woodward's "Fear," and he is writing about having interviewed Jared in May.

"I think we have rounded the corner on this," Jared said.

At the time, COVID-19 had contributed to the deaths of about 70K Americans.

160K+ dead Americans later, with a second (or is it third?) wave wreaking havoc, Jared's nepotism-loving daddy-in-law is still saying we have turned the corner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8790 on: November 02, 2020, 06:27:49 PM »
I thought she was a stubborn bimbo...but apparently because she went to a fancy school, now she isn’t?

Again, I’m as a big liberal as you are, but blond hair, woman...bimbo is a term that is weighted in her gender.

You can call her uninformed, vapid, hypocrite, on a different planet...but whatever.

Sorry, the association with Trump and finding conventionally attractive women and putting them in positions that they may not be qualified for (his daughter) made me assume that one would fit that description. That being said I will change my statement to "I thought she was a conventionally attractive vapid hypocritical millennial air head that was simply put into her position to be eye candy for a lot of misogynistic trump supporters. Rather I found out that she is quite an intelligent vapid hypocritical millennial"
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8791 on: November 02, 2020, 10:01:02 PM »
Dr. Deborah L. Birx, who has carefully straddled the line between science and politics as she helps lead the Trump administration’s coronavirus response, delivered a stark private warning on Monday, telling White House officials that the pandemic is entering a new and “deadly phase” that demands a more aggressive approach.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11/02/world/covid-19-coronavirus-updates?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20201102&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=headline&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=43265&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

The warning — sent in a private memo to White House officials as the nation recorded more than 91,300 new cases, its second-highest daily total — amounted to a direct contradiction of President Trump’s repeated false assertions that the pandemic is “rounding the corner.” In it, Dr. Birx suggested Mr. Trump and his advisers were spending too much time focusing on lockdowns, and not enough on controlling the virus.

“We are entering the most concerning and most deadly phase of this pandemic,” Dr. Birx wrote, adding, “This is not about lockdowns — It hasn’t been about lockdowns since March or April. It’s about an aggressive balanced approach that is not being implemented.”

The report warned against the type of rallies that Mr. Trump has been holding. It also predicted that the United States would continue to see days when the number of new cases exceeded 100,000. Its existence was first reported by The Washington Post; a top White House official who has seen it confirmed its contents.

The blunt message was a striking one for Dr. Birx, who at least in public has resisted disagreeing with Mr. Trump. But with cases soaring around the country, and hospital intensive care units starting to fill up, government scientists and public health experts are growing increasingly concerned that the worst of the pandemic is yet to come.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8792 on: November 02, 2020, 10:11:36 PM »

The blunt message was a striking one for Dr. Birx, who at least in public has resisted disagreeing with Mr. Trump. But with cases soaring around the country, and hospital intensive care units starting to fill up, government scientists and public health experts are growing increasingly concerned that the worst of the pandemic is yet to come.

Something many people have known for months.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8793 on: November 02, 2020, 10:38:52 PM »
fat jokes (if that is what you were getting @ 82 with the S.S comments) are not necessary and are sexist.

I seriously never thought of it that way, reinko. My wife was the one who came up with that nickname because Huckabee's initials literally are S.S. Now that you point it out, I see the fat-shaming and I'm embarrassed I didn't recognize it sooner. I will no longer call her that, obviously, and I will share what you said with my wife, as well. There are plenty of things to criticize Huckabee for; no need to make a comment that can be interpreted as fat-shaming.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #8794 on: November 03, 2020, 08:30:37 AM »
I don’t care about her appearance, Sanders is just a nasty woman
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #8795 on: November 03, 2020, 10:46:35 AM »
And the Captain Misogynist throws his wife under the bus.

Wow...I have not laughed so hard since 2919 2019.  That's well delivered.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 11:01:04 AM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MU11W

• Walk-On
« Reply #8796 on: November 03, 2020, 10:48:58 AM »
Wow...I have not laughed so hard since 2919.  That's well delivered.

Umm.... Are you from the future??  What's it like in 2919? Does this mean we solved global warming?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #8797 on: November 03, 2020, 10:49:59 AM »
Umm.... Are you from the future??  What's it like in 2919? Does this mean we solved global warming?

More important question: is arby's still around?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #8798 on: November 03, 2020, 11:02:17 AM »

I have been to 2919...we were an 8 seed, we lost our last 4 games in conference, got upset by St. John's in the quarters and are favored by 1.5 in the 8/9 game.  I came home before tip off.  But some fans tell me that at age 944 Wojo is starting to really get a feel for the game and they expect next season to be more of an emphasis on defense.

Global Warming is a thing...Milwaukee's average temp is 88 degrees, it really helped recruiting.

Arby's is now sold in every Whole Foods, make of that what you will.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #8799 on: November 03, 2020, 11:58:28 AM »
Bethany Nesbitt, COVID-19 symptomatic, and later tested COVID-19 positive, dies at age 20. Read the family statement in the thread.

https://twitter.com/stephenjnesbitt/status/1323665713815576576?s=19

feedback