[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[May 07, 2024, 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Diamond Stone  (Read 244109 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Diamond Stone
« Reply #500 on: December 31, 2014, 10:15:07 AM »
Yep.  The fact Stone was playing minutes from Wojo's house, Wojo was already there earlier to watch Heldt, and then left before Stone's game to catch dinner at the Highland House pretty much says all you need to know.

Unless they are teaming up to pull the wool over everyone's eyes...

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #501 on: December 31, 2014, 10:52:03 AM »
I do not subscribe but I heard that a solid poster on the IWB premium board says he coming to MU.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

brandx

« Reply #502 on: December 31, 2014, 11:40:28 AM »
But google sorts links based on activity ... so which school is showing him the most love?

Not really - maybe back in the old days.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #503 on: December 31, 2014, 12:02:30 PM »
I do not subscribe but I heard that a solid poster on the IWB premium board says he coming to MU.

That's an oxymoron.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Process

• All American
« Reply #504 on: December 31, 2014, 12:10:55 PM »

Any movement on Flight Tracker? #DoneDeal
Relax. Respect the Process.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #505 on: December 31, 2014, 12:16:26 PM »

#donedeal

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #506 on: December 31, 2014, 12:23:37 PM »
Good Morning guys.
Yesterday I went to see Diamond at Concordia University, they were playing Tosa West.
There were less people than the game at the Al, but not substantially less.
We were sitting behind the team's benches, towards the middle towards the top.
When we sat down we were near a pro-Diamond crowd.
Towards the end of the second quarter, my friend began engaging in discussion with the person next to him.
I got up to use the bathroom, running in to someone I knew, I returned to my seat at the beginning of the fourth quarter.
I could see my friend speaking with the person next to him the entire 3rd quarter.
I was disappointed I didn't see any D1 coaches at the game, at least none I recognized.
Afterwards we went out to dinner at the Highland House.
When we sat at dinner, my friend told me that he was speaking with someone very close to Diamond.
My friend referred to this person as Diamond's "handler", although he didn't know the exact relationship, whether it was his father or grandfather or what, the guy was a black male in his 60s with grayish hair.
He said that they got to talking about the decision-making process.
The man told my friend that at home they have a grid of about ten to fifteen schools with abouttwenty categories, things like coaching staff experience, university life, how the big men interact with coaches...
They go through and discuss each of these items on a regular basis, so this grid is in flux. They will watch a team and then update the grid.
This man told my friend that there is a lot to take in and they are going to take their time making a decision.
The second part of this, is that when we were arriving at Highland House, I ran into Wojo who was leaving.
I was told by the person I ran into at halftime that Wojo was at Concordia earlier in the evening watching Matt Heldt.
So these are my takeaways:
1. Diamond is undecided and taking his time, I give him credit for this, wish I'd done my homework and done the same.
2. Wojo was there to see a signed recruit, but didn't stay to see someone who is undecided.
3. There are games tonight at Concordia 6pm Rice Lake, 7:30pm Neenah
4. There is a big difference between high school and D1 talent
Very interesting report. Glad to hear the family is thinking this through in a thoughtful way. I still think that we have a chance to recruit Diamond. We offer a lot of positives as a school that are important to parents . In addition. If Luke continues to perform well, I think that will speak volumes to our staff's ability to coach Bigs which the Stone family has consistently said is important. Also Duane's success and leadership role will be a big factor. Your point 4 is a very good one.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #507 on: December 31, 2014, 01:04:22 PM »
Yep.  The fact Stone was playing minutes from Wojo's house, Wojo was already there earlier to watch Heldt, and then left before Stone's game to catch dinner at the Highland House pretty much says all you need to know.

I can't blame Wojo for dining at the Highland House.  mmmm....highland house.

Marquette Fan in WI

• Starter
« Reply #508 on: December 31, 2014, 01:49:21 PM »
I wanted to add one more thing to the post I wrote yesterday but originally forgot to include it. My friend asked the person he was speaking with about Duane Wilson and if Duane factored into the decision at all. The "handler" (I don't like the term but will use it here anyways) said that "Duane is his own person" and (I'm paraphrasing here) that you can't make decisions based on other people.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #509 on: December 31, 2014, 03:30:13 PM »

That's not what was said.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #510 on: December 31, 2014, 05:18:18 PM »

Ok. I had a friend text me that "so and so" posted a MU insider told him Stone to MU.  I recognized the poster from long ago on Dodds / Ahoya as a level headed guy who usually had good info on MU admin (not hoops but admin, inner workings, planning). 

I don't feel like posting the posters handle bc I don't pay for IWB. I figure what I'm doing now is a good advertisement / tease for IWB.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #511 on: December 31, 2014, 05:26:52 PM »
Set in Stone? Five-star center closing in on decision
Sporting News
November 6, 2014
By Brian Flinn

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2014-11-06/diamond-stone-decision-date-wisconsin-maryland-uconn-ok-state-scouting-report

Diamond Stone tweeted out on Wednesday that he will be making his college decision on Nov. 21. The date is actually two days after the early signing period ends, so it is clear that he's ready to wrap up the recruitment process and settle on a team.

@Diamond_Stone33  November 21st I will make my college decision

BTW, this was idiotic. If you were ready to wrap up the "recruitment process and settle on a team", you'd do so during the early signing period and sign, I'm really a badger fanl?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #512 on: December 31, 2014, 05:35:02 PM »

With the bread he makes, cat shoulda chowded down at Joey Gerard's, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #513 on: December 31, 2014, 05:41:55 PM »
BTW, this was idiotic. If you were ready to wrap up the "recruitment process and settle on a team", you'd do so during the early signing period and sign, I'm really a badger fanl?

I agree

The larger point is in early November he said the decision was going to be November 21 (even though it was two days after the signing period ended).  Then on Nov 21, no decision, no explanation, silence.  Only days later did his dad say they needed more time.  No reason was given (he doesn't have to give one).

After this don't attack those that think he's picking another school not previously mentioned (UK? MU?) or he has problem with grades.  This sequence begs many to think this is the case.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #514 on: December 31, 2014, 06:32:42 PM »

Bet you get wood over the Chancery too, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #515 on: December 31, 2014, 08:15:13 PM »

Wojo shoulda played here, coulda hit some Millie's Spaghetti Factory.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #516 on: January 01, 2015, 06:53:43 AM »

So, what was said? Or is this just a tease?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #517 on: January 01, 2015, 07:32:37 AM »

Took a few broads on dates there back in school. There was some dish I loved.. forgot what it was.

Whatever was in their drinks helped me close some deals. Thanks, Chancery!

Also.. re: Diamond.. last time I thought about it (long ago), UCONN made a lot of sense to me. But, no idea. I do think he's a tremendous talent and a potential face of a program.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #518 on: January 01, 2015, 07:46:33 AM »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #519 on: January 01, 2015, 08:44:15 AM »
So, what was said? Or is this just a tease?

Stuff shared on premium boards should stay there or out undermines the purpose of the board.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #520 on: January 01, 2015, 08:48:18 AM »
Stuff shared on premium boards should stay there or out undermines the purpose of the board.

Yeah, you know there's a reason people pay for that premium board. They are privy to things like #donedeal

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #521 on: January 01, 2015, 11:38:27 AM »
Took a few broads on dates there back in school. There was some dish I loved.. forgot what it was.

I'm pretty confident you didn't love any of the dishes you took to Chancery. You just told them you did.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 11:40:35 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #522 on: January 01, 2015, 11:52:54 AM »

Who the f uck cares if it undermines a collection of ill-informed rumors? #donedeal

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #523 on: January 01, 2015, 11:55:05 AM »
Took a few broads on dates there

What, back in your Rat Pack days when you were runnin' with The Sammer, Dino, Joey, and The Chairman of the Board?

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #524 on: January 01, 2015, 11:59:20 AM »
Yeah, you know there's a reason people pay for that premium board. They are privy to things like #donedeal

"A fool and his money are easily parted..."

~Dr. John Bridges, Defence of the Government of the Church of England

Death on call