[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Diamond Stone  (Read 244139 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Diamond Stone
« Reply #450 on: December 29, 2014, 06:06:14 PM »
First why would a true center (Stone) wait to see what a SF (Nigel) and PF (Dekker) decide to do?  He doesn't play their positions, Kaminsky does and Frank is a senior.

Second all college underclassman will probably not make their decision to stay in school /go pro until April.  Lots of schools will not hold a spot open that long.  I know it's Stone but if he picks another school, those losing schools will be screwed out of a spot/recruit as they probably turned away someone that would have come (and by April will have committed to another school).  Waiting to April risks Stone losing some (but not all) desired landing spots.  

If I recall something similar happened with Jamil Wilson.  I seem to remember he wanted to wait until his late Mother's birthday in late March to commit and lost some possible landing spots as they would not risk losing out (Michigan State?).  So Wilson went to Oregon one year and then transferred to MU.

i agree with both of your points.  however, the only reason i would suspect he'd try to wait and see what n. hayes and s. dekker were going to do is b/c he wants to play with them?  still waiting that long(april) would not be real smart due to reasons you mention
don't...don't don't don't don't

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #451 on: December 29, 2014, 06:07:35 PM »
He SAT on the sidelines, so as not to ACT out his displeasure with the process, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brandx

« Reply #452 on: December 29, 2014, 06:20:35 PM »

If he doesn't qualify, then want?  Europe or the NBDL?

What is this fascination with HS kids going to Europe? They (European teams) don't want them.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #453 on: December 29, 2014, 06:35:29 PM »
Some of the real good ones go to Europe so they can paid for a year while the wait to be drafted.

For those that can't quailify or don't like school it is an option.

Brandon Jennings did it....and so did Mudiay this year.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #454 on: December 29, 2014, 06:43:47 PM »
Some of the real good ones go to Europe so they can paid for a year while the wait to be drafted.

Isn't Muiday in China?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #455 on: December 29, 2014, 06:50:17 PM »
Isn't Muiday in China?

Yeah, MuMark must not have gotten that globe he wanted for xmas.

Mudiay (or as you call him, Muiday) plays for some team called longdong I think. Played 10 games before hurting his ankle. Has been rehabbing there, not yet on the court.. team added Will Bynum and has been rollin nicely.

Mudiay's issue was academix
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #456 on: December 29, 2014, 06:53:10 PM »
Longdong is coached by Won Hung Lo, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #457 on: December 29, 2014, 07:02:01 PM »
Longdong is coached by Won Hung Lo, aina?
In depth coverage by mike hunt maybe.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #458 on: December 29, 2014, 07:06:06 PM »
First why would a true center (Stone) wait to see what a SF (Nigel) and PF (Dekker) decide to do?  He doesn't play their positions, Kaminsky does and Frank is a senior.

Second all college underclassman will probably not make their decision to stay in school /go pro until April.  Lots of schools will not hold a spot open that long.  I know it's Stone but if he picks another school, those losing schools will be screwed out of a spot/recruit as they probably turned away someone that would have come (and by April will have committed to another school).  Waiting to April risks Stone losing some (but not all) desired landing spots.  

If I recall something similar happened with Jamil Wilson.  I seem to remember he wanted to wait until his late Mother's birthday in late March to commit and lost some possible landing spots as they would not risk losing out (Michigan State?).  So Wilson went to Oregon one year and then transferred to MU.

He could wait and see for the opposite of what you are speculating. He isn't worried about PT with those guys...he may choose Wisconsin if they stay because that would make the Badgers very formidable again.

Personally, I really don't see why he hasn't already signed with us or much less considered us. Him and Henry would be unstoppable.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #459 on: December 29, 2014, 07:10:51 PM »
Yeah, MuMark must not have gotten that globe he wanted for xmas.

Mudiay (or as you call him, Muiday) plays for some team called longdong I think. Played 10 games before hurting his ankle. Has been rehabbing there, not yet on the court.. team added Will Bynum and has been rollin nicely.

Mudiay's issue was academix

OK China..I stand corrrected but I think the point still stands......some of the elite kids will play in Europe or China or ? to get paid while they wait a year for the NBA draft.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #460 on: December 29, 2014, 07:16:28 PM »
Technically every kid that commits in November has not qualified academically.  That only happens in June when they graduate and achieve a final GPA and ACT that meets the NCAA minimum standards.

Man you can be such a pedant sometimes. 

By November, most players have a good understanding of where they are academically even though they haven't officially qualified.  They likely have taken their standardized test at least once.  They then know what their target GPA needs to be in core courses.

jakeec

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #461 on: December 29, 2014, 07:19:36 PM »
The same score required by every other school would be required to get him into UW. If he qualifies by NCAA rules, UW would accept him, no doubt about it. They are not the Ivy League, they are not Stanford, no matter what their fan base would like you to believe.

Not all of this is true.  Look at why Gary Anderson left to back the Badger's stance on grades.   

jakeec

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #462 on: December 29, 2014, 07:20:33 PM »
It's pretty cool that after four months in this thread not one person has a unnatural carnal knowledgeing clue as to where Stone is going to play basketball in November. But we do know he sucks at the ACT.

He will be a Badger.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #463 on: December 29, 2014, 07:27:46 PM »
Yeah and I don't think jake is talking out of his a** here.  I think once both side feel comfortable with his qualification, that he will end up at UW.

Tugg Speedman

• All American

brandx

« Reply #465 on: December 29, 2014, 07:41:14 PM »

No Euro team wanted Mudiay. They learned their lesson 6 years ago with Jennings.

They are not willing anymore to invest money in an American who they know is only going to play one year. They make major investments in young European players and sitting them on the bench for a one year commitment from an American is not worth the time and money.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #466 on: December 29, 2014, 07:55:32 PM »

jakeec

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #467 on: December 29, 2014, 07:59:39 PM »
When Mark Miller changes his prediction from UW, let us know.

He did months ago.  Did you miss that?  Everyone close to the situation knows he is going to be a Badger. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #468 on: December 29, 2014, 08:05:28 PM »
He did months ago.  Did you miss that?  Everyone close to the situation knows he is going to be a Badger. 

He changed it to UConn...then back to UW.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #469 on: December 29, 2014, 08:06:00 PM »

you may want to learn how to read
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #470 on: December 29, 2014, 08:07:23 PM »

He was agreeing with you, lol.

But nothing is decided for Diamond. Anyone saying they know he's going somewhere is lying. Diamond himself doesn't know. Buckle up sports fans, it will be a long ride until Diamond's decision. I expect some twists and turns.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #471 on: December 29, 2014, 08:10:28 PM »

Protip: "From" is not the same as "To."
Relax. Respect the Process.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #472 on: December 29, 2014, 08:18:27 PM »
Nope, I didn't miss it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #473 on: December 29, 2014, 08:18:49 PM »
Not all of this is true.  Look at why Gary Anderson left to back the Badger's stance on grades.   

Hello, I have a bridge to sell you.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #474 on: December 29, 2014, 08:31:16 PM »
He was agreeing with you, lol.

But nothing is decided for Diamond. Anyone saying they know he's going somewhere is lying. Diamond himself doesn't know. Buckle up sports fans, it will be a long ride until Diamond's decision. I expect some twists and turns.

Still? At this point? If it is grade related, that makes some sense. Otherwise, what's the point?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.