[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[May 07, 2024, 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Diamond Stone  (Read 244084 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: Diamond Stone
« Reply #425 on: December 29, 2014, 10:51:25 AM »
Is this fact or speculation?

Of course it is speculation.  The only possible way this is fact is if Diamond says so personally, which he has not. 

No program recruiting him would ever leak this or that program/coach's reputation would be trashed.  No future recruit would talk to that program/coach ever again as future recruits would not want that kind of embarrassment if they say no.

That said, it is a reasonable argument as to why why first claimed he would announce and sign this fall and then did not without giving a good reason.

jakeec

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #426 on: December 29, 2014, 12:53:59 PM »
Yea, this is funny speculation.  He will be a Badger and join the Big Ten.  I am not sure why he is waiting, but highly doubtful it has anything to do with grades.  The Badgers typically don't recruit kids with grade problems, so there is no way he has grade issues.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #427 on: December 29, 2014, 12:57:35 PM »
Yea, this is funny speculation.  He will be a Badger and join the Big Ten.  I am not sure why he is waiting, but highly doubtful it has anything to do with grades.  The Badgers typically don't recruit kids with grade problems, so there is no way he has grade issues.

LOL.  I think you may want to hedge your bets a little before you make such definitive statements.

I mean, even if I buy your "he will be a Badger" stuff, did you ever think this could be the reason *why* he hasn't committed yet?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 01:00:16 PM by The Sultan of Sunshine »

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #428 on: December 29, 2014, 12:58:51 PM »
Of course it is speculation.  The only possible way this is fact is if Diamond says so personally, which he has not. 

No program recruiting him would ever leak this or that program/coach's reputation would be trashed.  No future recruit would talk to that program/coach ever again as future recruits would not want that kind of embarrassment if they say no.

That said, it is a reasonable argument as to why why first claimed he would announce and sign this fall and then did not without giving a good reason.

Aren't there a few persons in the handling process of records who might know?
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

jakeec

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #429 on: December 29, 2014, 01:05:45 PM »
Maybe it is grades. I would just be surprised since it goes against what Bo has done in the past.  I am not going to bet on it with you.  I just think he will be a Badger.  Maybe he is waiting to see what Sam and Nigel are going to do.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #430 on: December 29, 2014, 01:20:25 PM »
LOL.  I think you may want to hedge your bets a little before you make such definitive statements.

C'mon Sultan. We all know that he's been too busy studying quantum physics to sit down and take the ACT. After all, Bo only recruits geniuses.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #431 on: December 29, 2014, 01:37:02 PM »
Why is the UW basketball graduation rate so low for all the these good students...?  Seriously. UW is not tougher than any other school, and even lax in many ways.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #432 on: December 29, 2014, 01:40:14 PM »
I heard from a good "reliable _ Insider" source, that he is having problems with grades.  That is why he went to Dominican and not some MPS school like Hamilton, vincent etc.... Smaller class sizes, better tutoring etc...  Also, this same source I was chatting with had said that he wasnt surprised when Burton had transferred. He is very difficult to communicate with. He "knows it all"  and his "handlers" are really giving him bad advice, starting with his AAU coach.  He said that AAU coach is
a  "real piece of work"...   8-)

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #433 on: December 29, 2014, 01:44:31 PM »
I heard from a good "reliable _ Insider" source, that he is having problems with grades.  That is why he went to Dominican and not some MPS school like Hamilton, vincent etc.... Smaller class sizes, better tutoring etc...  Also, this same source I was chatting with had said that he wasnt surprised when Burton had transferred. He is very difficult to communicate with. He "knows it all"  and his "handlers" are really giving him bad advice, starting with his AAU coach.  He said that AAU coach is
a  "real piece of work".
..   8-)

Most of them are.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #434 on: December 29, 2014, 01:48:25 PM »
a  "real piece of work"...   8-
)

The stuff I have bolded is about Burton, correct?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #435 on: December 29, 2014, 01:48:44 PM »
 and his "handlers" are really giving him bad advice, starting with his AAU coach.  He said that AAU coach is
a  "real piece of work"...   8-)

Same AAU coach as McKay. Both end up leaving MU mid-year for Iowa State.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #436 on: December 29, 2014, 01:51:53 PM »
Same AAU coach as McKay. Both end up leaving MU mid-year for Iowa State.

That is pretty sketch right there. I mean recruiting is squirmy as is but that's facinating.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #437 on: December 29, 2014, 02:15:55 PM »
I heard from a good "reliable _ Insider" source, that he is having problems with grades.  That is why he went to Dominican and not some MPS school like Hamilton, vincent etc....

Stone would have gone to Tosa East.  He lives in Tosa and went to public schools through middle school there.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #438 on: December 29, 2014, 02:47:46 PM »
He's trying to get a score on his ACT that will get him into UW. Heard this from people at Dominican and Madison.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #439 on: December 29, 2014, 02:55:47 PM »
He's trying to get a score on his ACT that will get him into UW. Heard this from people at Dominican and Madison.

The same score required by every other school would be required to get him into UW. If he qualifies by NCAA rules, UW would accept him, no doubt about it. They are not the Ivy League, they are not Stanford, no matter what their fan base would like you to believe.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #440 on: December 29, 2014, 02:59:48 PM »
The same score required by every other school would be required to get him into UW. If he qualifies by NCAA rules, UW would accept him, no doubt about it. They are not the Ivy League, they are not Stanford, no matter what their fan base would like you to believe.
I think what the poster is saying is that he needs to attain an ACT score that meets NCAA rules for eligibility.  I.e., that is based on a sliding scale of combined GPA and ACT score.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #441 on: December 29, 2014, 03:01:54 PM »
I think what the poster is saying is that he needs to attain an ACT score that meets NCAA rules for eligibility.  I.e., that is based on a sliding scale of combined GPA and ACT score.

Okay, so he's trying to get a score on the ACT that would meet NCAA requirements, then he will commit to UW? Is that what is being said?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #442 on: December 29, 2014, 03:04:43 PM »
Okay, so he's trying to get a score on the ACT that would meet NCAA requirements, then he will commit to UW? Is that what is being said?

Yes.  And it makes sense to me then why he didn't publicly commit.  No reason to go through the embarrassment. 

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #443 on: December 29, 2014, 03:07:19 PM »
Deonte and Jameel played for Terry Porter Elite, correct?  Who was their coach? 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #444 on: December 29, 2014, 03:08:02 PM »
It's pretty cool that after four months in this thread not one person has a unnatural carnal knowledgeing clue as to where Stone is going to play basketball in November. But we do know he sucks at the ACT.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #445 on: December 29, 2014, 03:10:25 PM »
It's pretty cool that after four months in this thread not one person has a unnatural carnal knowledgeing clue as to where Stone is going to play basketball in November. But we do know he sucks at the ACT.

Well, the latter begets the former, yeah?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #446 on: December 29, 2014, 03:14:35 PM »
Deonte and Jameel played for Terry Porter Elite, correct?  Who was their coach?  

Bryan Johnikin.  

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #447 on: December 29, 2014, 03:39:23 PM »
Bryan Johnikin.  

Is that the same guy that got kicked out of the Dominican/Germ-Town game last year?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #448 on: December 29, 2014, 05:30:46 PM »

Yes.  And it makes sense to me then why he didn't publicly commit.  No reason to go through the embarrassment. 

Technically every kid that commits in November has not qualified academically.  That only happens in June when they graduate and achieve a final GPA and ACT that meets the NCAA minimum standards.

So if Stone wanted to commit in November, at that point he was as academically qualified as the incoming Harvard recruits.  Of course the assumption the Harvard recruits will meet the minimum standards is safer than Stone meeting them.

If he doesn't qualify, then want?  Europe or the NBDL?  So just commit  and if you don't qualify, do like Mayo, announce you're going to leave and move on.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 05:34:11 PM by Heisenberg »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #449 on: December 29, 2014, 05:45:55 PM »
Maybe it is grades. I would just be surprised since it goes against what Bo has done in the past.  I am not going to bet on it with you.  I just think he will be a Badger.  Maybe he is waiting to see what Sam and Nigel are going to do.

First why would a true center (Stone) wait to see what a SF (Nigel) and PF (Dekker) decide to do?  He doesn't play their positions, Kaminsky does and Frank is a senior.

Second all college underclassman will probably not make their decision to stay in school /go pro until April.  Lots of schools will not hold a spot open that long.  I know it's Stone but if he picks another school, those losing schools will be screwed out of a spot/recruit as they probably turned away someone that would have come (and by April will have committed to another school).  Waiting to April risks Stone losing some (but not all) desired landing spots.  

If I recall something similar happened with Jamil Wilson.  I seem to remember he wanted to wait until his late Mother's birthday in late March to commit and lost some possible landing spots as they would not risk losing out (Michigan State?).  So Wilson went to Oregon one year and then transferred to MU.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 05:48:46 PM by Heisenberg »