[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[May 05, 2024, 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Radford @ Marquette TV  (Read 9281 times)

MUHOOPS35

• Walk-On
Radford @ Marquette TV
« on: October 31, 2022, 04:34:33 PM »
I saw on Marquette website it lists the game on FS1 however my guide shows BIG East shoot around covering the time slot. Anyone know if game will be shown on TV?

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Radford @ Marquette TV
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 04:50:48 PM »
I thought it was on fox sports app

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 05:03:02 PM »
https://www.foxsports.com/stories/college-basketball/top-10-big-east-games-to-watch-in-2022-23

FS1 is doing "Whiparound" Coverage for openers for 8 big east teams. I think this means that one channel is covering 8 games at the same time?

If true, that sucks, though maybe you can watch a specific game on the Fox Sports App. Our game is at 7:30 which is tied for the latest start time with Creighton's opener. There are three games that start between 5:30 and 5:45 and three games that start between 6:30 and 6:45. Theoretically this means that all 8 will be going on for the first few minutes of our game. Then it will be 5 games for the rest of the first half and maybe start of the second half. Then just our game and Creighton's from then on. Should be no OT games as all the BEast teams will be heavily favored.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2022, 07:51:47 PM »
https://www.foxsports.com/stories/college-basketball/top-10-big-east-games-to-watch-in-2022-23

FS1 is doing "Whiparound" Coverage for openers for 8 big east teams. I think this means that one channel is covering 8 games at the same time?

If true, that sucks, though maybe you can watch a specific game on the Fox Sports App. Our game is at 7:30 which is tied for the latest start time with Creighton's opener. There are three games that start between 5:30 and 5:45 and three games that start between 6:30 and 6:45. Theoretically this means that all 8 will be going on for the first few minutes of our game. Then it will be 5 games for the rest of the first half and maybe start of the second half. Then just our game and Creighton's from then on. Should be no OT games as all the BEast teams will be heavily favored.

Isn't that kind of silly?  Crews at all those sites for one basketball game's worth of time?

Who is a fan of everything BEAST and would rather watch this than a game from their team?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 07:56:40 PM »
I thought I saw that our game would be available on the app for those who stream, though I'm not sure where I saw that. I guess we'll see soon enough.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2022, 08:01:53 PM »
Isn't that kind of silly?  Crews at all those sites for one basketball game's worth of time?

Who is a fan of everything BEAST and would rather watch this than a game from their team?

Yeah if I can’t just see Marquette, I’m going to watch MNF.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2022, 08:25:41 PM »

would be one of the goofiest ideas ive ever heard. wont evn bother if thats the case

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2022, 08:40:17 PM »
would be one of the goofiest ideas ive ever heard. wont evn bother if thats the case
They have done it before.
Goal is National Championship

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2022, 09:36:39 PM »
That is a D- level idea

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2022, 10:02:05 PM »
I’m almost positive you will be able to watch the game in full on the App.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2022, 10:15:28 PM »
As long as they don't do the whip around at Fiserv I'll be good.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2022, 08:23:23 AM »
Yep, I already said in the top thread on the TV schedule. Every Big East game can be seen in full on the Fox Sports App. 4 of the 9 games will be done, time MU plays.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=62306.msg1474503#msg1474503
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 08:25:20 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Richie

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2022, 08:48:56 AM »
 I don't mind the whip-around for the first game. I wouldn't want it all the time, but I think it is a novel idea to kick the season off, and I like to see the other BE teams. I enjoyed it in the past.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2022, 08:56:28 AM »
Yep, I already said in the top thread on the TV schedule. Every Big East game can be seen in full on the Fox Sports App. 4 of the 9 games will be done, time MU plays.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=62306.msg1474503#msg1474503

Oh yeah. As I said, I knew I had seen it somewhere! Looking forward to watching our opener.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2022, 09:04:24 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out why Georgetown and Providence are playing on Tuesday when the D1 Council approved legislation to not have games on election day.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2022, 09:10:09 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out why Georgetown and Providence are playing on Tuesday when the D1 Council approved legislation to not have games on election day.

Exception for Gtown since people actually look for reasons to not attend their games.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2022, 01:16:59 PM »
This idea is actually pretty cool in an opening night scenario like this.   All the teams are playing buy games, all the games will be blow outs, if you really want to watch just MU you can do it on the app, overall it keeps action going for the entire timeslot for the program, and it will bring more eyeballs to these games that hardly anyone except for hardcore fans of the schools playing would want to see.   

In other words, how many people will tune in to see MU vs Radford other than fans of MU fans and Radford?  Like 12 people?   With this, you may get a lot more eyes not just on MU and Radford, but all BE games being played that night.  Plus it's fun!  Ever watch NFL redzone?  It's non-stop action.  Very exciting.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2022, 01:37:28 PM »
I'd guess they would've got more viewers by choosing an early game and a late game and showing them like any other game of the year.  I doubt some casual viewer will even know they're doing this, and if they do I doubt they'll have much interest in watching it.  And as a fan of one of the teams on this, there's no chance I'm having that on the TV over watching the full Marquette game.  I'd consider myself a bigger fan of college basketball than your average person and I have zero interest in watching whiparound coverage of a number of buy games.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

romey

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2022, 04:04:06 PM »
I lean toward Wades on this one.  It's not opening round coverage of March Madness.  I really have no huge interest in a BEast buy game while MU is playing.  I want to see (or at least have the option of seeing) MU start to finish.  If MU were not playing, I might watch another BEast buy game.  And having it available on the App is not worth my trouble (lagging, watching on phone or "linking it" to my TV, vs. flipping on the set and voila!, the game is on live).  Yes, I'm old.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2022, 04:33:32 PM »
FS1 doesn't want to show MU losing to Radford.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

romey

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2022, 04:50:50 PM »
You take that back!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2022, 05:25:39 PM »
Not national TV
Goal is National Championship

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2022, 09:48:36 AM »
I'm always at the MU game, so I DVR the coverage it was pretty solid as the studio coverage did breakdowns of the teams as they went to live action. Believe Raf was studio which is always a plus.

Full coverage on the Fox Sports App. Most have smart TV's, so just watch the game that way on your TV. Better yet make your trip to Fiserv.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2022, 08:35:58 PM »

This aint Wojo and University of Nebraska Omaha! Or Belmont!

Or some other small school we should never lose to! Ever!!!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2022, 08:42:15 PM »
Green Bay!  Maine!  Miami of Ohio!
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback