[Today at 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mack to Louisville?  (Read 57735 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Mack to Louisville?
« Reply #375 on: March 31, 2018, 03:39:00 PM »
This. Xavier was mentioned in the FBI probe and have had their own off the court issues. Heck, they had their own on the court discipline issues. Mack didn’t get the job due to a squeaky clean image. I’d say he has a better resume than Buzz.

Not this.
Xavier was mentioned in the FBI probe because a former player and/or his dad may have received money from an agent. That had nothing to do with Mack, and certainly nothing akin to some of the issues we saw at MU, i.e. multiple sex assault allegations and a coach fired for an NCAA violation. Saying Mack had issues similar to Buzz is like saying Buzz had issues similar to Pitino.

Look, I have a great deal of appreciation for what Buzz did at MU, but he doesn't deserve the deification some around here give him. There was some downside to all the great things he did.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #376 on: March 31, 2018, 03:41:15 PM »
This. Xavier was mentioned in the FBI probe and have had their own off the court issues. Heck, they had their own on the court discipline issues. Mack didn’t get the job due to a squeaky clean image. I’d say he has a better resume than Buzz.

In an alternative reality, Buzz didn't leave MU for VTI. Buzz had relative success and then left for UL.

What about the reality where Hitler cured cancer? Just don’t think about it, Morty.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #377 on: March 31, 2018, 03:53:08 PM »
Not this.
Xavier was mentioned in the FBI probe because a former player and/or his dad may have received money from an agent. That had nothing to do with Mack, and certainly nothing akin to some of the issues we saw at MU, i.e. multiple sex assault allegations and a coach fired for an NCAA violation. Saying Mack had issues similar to Buzz is like saying Buzz had issues similar to Pitino.

Xavier has had its own issues off the court too.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/17444625/xavier-musketeers-guard-myles-davis-suspended-indefinitely

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #378 on: March 31, 2018, 04:11:43 PM »
Xavier has had its own issues off the court too.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/17444625/xavier-musketeers-guard-myles-davis-suspended-indefinitely

The difference is that Buzz made sure that none of the Marquette players received any real consequences for their off-court incidents.
Have some patience, FFS.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #379 on: March 31, 2018, 04:23:29 PM »
The difference is that Buzz made sure that none of the Marquette players received any real consequences for their off-court incidents.

When you gather the team for a special meeting after a sexual assault to collaborate, you can assist in getting out of these things.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #380 on: March 31, 2018, 04:37:21 PM »
When you gather the team for a special meeting after a sexual assault to collaborate, you can assist in getting out of these things.

And encourage someone to contact the alleged victim during said meeting.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #381 on: March 31, 2018, 04:38:37 PM »

How did I forget the best part?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #382 on: March 31, 2018, 04:42:29 PM »

That was my point.
Have some patience, FFS.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #383 on: March 31, 2018, 04:58:36 PM »
warriorchick

Why is no one higher up than Buzz held accountable in your opinion? If it is your belief that Buzz and athletic department held the power, than it was a mini-Louisville. I get you bleed blue and gold, but if brass knew what you believe you know, I have lost a lot respect for BOT.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #384 on: March 31, 2018, 05:18:00 PM »
warriorchick

Why is no one higher up than Buzz held accountable in your opinion? If it is your belief that Buzz and athletic department held the power, than it was a mini-Louisville. I get you bleed blue and gold, but if brass knew what you believe you know, I have lost a lot respect for BOT.

Why do you assume that no one above Buzz was held accountable?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #385 on: March 31, 2018, 05:21:32 PM »
warriorchick

Note that the "brass" is no longer at the University, either. And  the new people replaced Buzz with someone who was squeaky clean.

My guess is that the BOD did not have enough hard evidence to punish Buzz.  Also, a lot of this stuff did not come to full light until after he was on his way out.

I do know that for many reasons, there were cartwheels in Zilber when Buzz quit.
Have some patience, FFS.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #386 on: March 31, 2018, 06:02:33 PM »
TAMU

I have little interest in getting long debate over 6-7 years ago. I went on record after Buzz’s second S16 that the BOT wanted him gone. They knew what happened and publicly supported Buzz. Buzz was told, encouraged to look for a new gig and would have been gone one year earlier if they did not go so deep in NCAA.

Fact is, BOT knew, they wanted Buzz out and did not have the backbone to can him.

Warriorchick

The BOT is the brass I am talking about. Covering up a sexual assault is far bigger than AD or President. They kept things in house, rather than dumping Buzz.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #387 on: March 31, 2018, 06:03:42 PM »

That's bad
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Goose

• All American
« Reply #388 on: March 31, 2018, 06:10:26 PM »
Warriorchick

While you are well connected, or so it seems, but to say a lot of stuff did not come out until Buzz was on way out, is just factually inaccurate. Possibly it became news to you, but the dirty laundry was known by the inner circle.

Also, of course there were cartwheels when he left. They wanted him to leave two years earlier. Of course they got squeaky clean. That was the plan over two years before Buzz was gone.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #389 on: March 31, 2018, 06:14:34 PM »
Warriorchick

While you are well connected, or so it seems, but to say a lot of stuff did not come out until Buzz was on way out, is just factually inaccurate. Possibly it became news to you, but the dirty laundry was known by the inner circle.

Also, of course there were cartwheels when he left. They wanted him to leave two years earlier. Of course they got squeaky clean. That was the plan over two years before Buzz was gone.

Do you object to squeaky clean?  You seem to be a Porter Moser guy, doesn't he fit that bill? 
— Plato

Goose

• All American
« Reply #390 on: March 31, 2018, 06:18:03 PM »
WarriorDad

I have no problem with squeaky clean. I have no idea if Porter is a legit long time winner or one hit wonder. Have stated my love of Rick many times and I love the Rick connection. Have talked to number of folks that know Porter and say he is a great, great guy. Heard he is comfortable with a cold one in his hand, so my kind of guy.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #391 on: March 31, 2018, 06:29:58 PM »
WarriorDad

I have no problem with squeaky clean. I have no idea if Porter is a legit long time winner or one hit wonder. Have stated my love of Rick many times and I love the Rick connection. Have talked to number of folks that know Porter and say he is a great, great guy. Heard he is comfortable with a cold one in his hand, so my kind of guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWtI2VMNOfU
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #392 on: March 31, 2018, 07:20:02 PM »

And don’t forget run off the guy who knew what really happened but was expendable.

Buzz was complete trash.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #393 on: March 31, 2018, 07:24:39 PM »
TAMU

I have little interest in getting long debate over 6-7 years ago. I went on record after Buzz’s second S16 that the BOT wanted him gone. They knew what happened and publicly supported Buzz. Buzz was told, encouraged to look for a new gig and would have been gone one year earlier if they did not go so deep in NCAA.

Fact is, BOT knew, they wanted Buzz out and did not have the backbone to can him.

Warriorchick

The BOT is the brass I am talking about. Covering up a sexual assault is far bigger than AD or President. They kept things in house, rather than dumping Buzz.

It wasn’t that they didn’t have the guts, but Buzz’s contract was so ridiculous and advantageous to him he could do whatever he wanted without consequences. He told his superiors as much.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #394 on: March 31, 2018, 07:28:31 PM »
Billy

You do not risk an entire University reputation over a contract buyout. Again, either it was an issue or it was not. If it was, you write the check.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #395 on: March 31, 2018, 07:40:33 PM »
And don’t forget run off the guy who knew what really happened but was expendable.

Buzz was complete trash.

Singleton?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #396 on: March 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM »
If you're sticking by the argument that Virginia Tech 's program was as bad as DePaul's has been, there's no use continuing this discussion. It's like discussing astrophysics with Kyrie Irving.
Chicos:Crean::Lenny:Buzz

Pakuni,

Please reread my post. I cleary stated that DePaul was worse. De Paul was 8-44 in Buzz's last 3 years at MU and finished last in the Big East all three years. Tech was 10-42 and finished tied for last once and last twice. Not as bad (which I admitted) but comparable.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #397 on: March 31, 2018, 08:11:41 PM »

Buzz was complete trash.

Who was that?
— Plato

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #398 on: March 31, 2018, 08:38:26 PM »

Buzz was complete trash.
Now c'mon. Buzz was just a misunderstood downhome lonesome cowboy.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #399 on: March 31, 2018, 10:34:33 PM »
Billy

You do not risk an entire University reputation over a contract buyout. Again, either it was an issue or it was not. If it was, you write the check.

I agree, and many wanted him gone, but $15 million is a lot for MU. Esprcially when Buzz had the biggest donors in his back pocket.

The best strategy they had considering the financial implications was to drive him away.