[May 13, 2024, 07:04:22 PM]

Ben Gold's summer by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 05:58:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 04:51:05 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by tower912
[May 13, 2024, 04:33:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Geno Auriemo to Tenn...Mens??  (Read 3070 times)

swoopem

• All American
Geno Auriemo to Tenn...Mens??
« on: March 24, 2011, 08:39:27 AM »
Yesterday on PTI Tony joked that Geno should go to Tennessee and coach the mens team, that way he will be with his good friend Pat Summit. Clearly this won't happen but I was wondering why this guy never comes up when discussing mens jobs. What do you all think, can he hang in the men's world or is he just so satisfyed with what he has done at Uconn???
Bring back FFP!!!

jaybilaswho?

• All American
Re: Geno Auriemo to Tenn...Mens??
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 08:43:13 AM »
I think he is just satisfied where he is. In his post game interview the other day, the man publicly scolded the UConn fans for their none attendance (only 5,000 showed up). He said he feels the fans are spoiled and that he was going to suggest to the AD and powers that be to not put a bid in to host the regionals for the womens tourny for the next five years. Sounds like he is pretty comfortable up in Storrs.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 08:47:25 AM »
I think he is just satisfied where he is. In his post game interview the other day, the man publicly scolded the UConn fans for their none attendance (only 5,000 showed up). He said he feels the fans are spoiled and that he was going to suggest to the AD and powers that be to not put a bid in to host the regionals for the womens tourny for the next five years. Sounds like he is pretty comfortable up in Storrs.

he must have forgotten that he coaches women's bball.

groove

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 08:53:17 AM »
Well it seems, year in and year out there are maybe three, four teams at the top that have all of the talent in women's basketball. So he would have to adjust to not having a huge advantage talentwise every night. Won't be ahead at halftime 45-15 too many nights if he went to the men's game.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 09:44:03 AM »
Yesterday on PTI Tony joked that Geno should go to Tennessee and coach the mens team, that way he will be with his good friend Pat Summit. Clearly this won't happen but I was wondering why this guy never comes up when discussing mens jobs. What do you all think, can he hang in the men's world or is he just so satisfyed with what he has done at Uconn???

He makes like $1.5 million/yr and is well on his way to be considered the best of all time at his profession.  I think he is pretty content and really has no reason to tarnish that legacy.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 10:18:23 AM »
Plus my guess is that it is much easier at this point for him to recruit and coach talent at UConn than it would be at a men's program.  You get the players for four years and don't have to deal with the "NBA ready ego" that many men have.  I know a local HS girls coach who used to coach boys, and he thinks that girls are so much easier to coach.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 01:06:13 PM »
And, he doesn't have to look at a bunch of naked men every day in the locker room.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 01:06:28 PM »
And, he doesn't have to look at a bunch of naked men every day in the locker room.

muphan

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 01:44:17 PM »
Why would you leave a job where you can sneak into the womens locker room when ever you want

reinko

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 01:46:06 PM »
Why would you leave a job where you can sneak into the womens locker room when ever you want

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 01:48:26 PM »
Yeah but female parts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>male parts.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 01:53:39 PM »

Be nice... that is an MU Alum's wife.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

feedback