'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] Some tidbits  (Read 3431 times)

ToddRosiakSays

[Rosiak's Blog] Some tidbits
« on: September 05, 2008, 02:00:04 PM »
Some tidbits

Written by: Todd Rosiak

Junior guard David Cubillan has been cleared to resume light physical activity, and a preliminary target date of Nov. 1 has been set for his return.

That date is likely going to be fluid, however, as how a shooter like Cubillan responds to dual, off-season shoulder surgeries is really uncharted territory at MU.

Coach Buzz Williams said Cubillan was given the green light to finally begin shooting earlier this week, but that it's going to be awhile before he'll be able to participate in individual workouts, weight-lifting sessions or practices. 

"He's not ready for anything full speed," said Williams. "As it relates to me, he has not touched a ball in my presence since I've been the head coach."

Realistically, MU will probably be hoping Cubillan will be at or near full strength sometime around the New Year, for the start of the Big East season. A healthy Cubillan could be especially important to the Golden Eagles this season, considering the three-point line has been moved back a foot.

-- MU has scheduled an official visit with Michael Snaer for the weekend of Sept. 19-21, to coincide with Al's Run.

Snaer is a 6-foot-5 shooting guard from Moreno Valley, Calif., and a top-15 recruit nationally. He's also being recruited heavily by Florida State, Missouri and UCLA.

Snaer will be the only player MU hosts that weekend, which is something of a break from years past, when a handful of players would be brought in at the same time.

-- Finally, the start time for MU's Feb. 21 game at Georgetown has been moved to 1 p.m. Central. The game will be televised on ESPN.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/muhoops/archive/2008/09/05/some-tidbits.aspx

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: [Rosiak's Blog] Some tidbits
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 06:23:01 PM »
SNARE SNAER!

Edit: thanks
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 03:34:44 PM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

yellow chickens

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 06:34:22 PM »
what is snear?

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 07:29:41 PM »
I think what he meant was...
SNARE SNAER!

HoopDreams

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 01:54:18 PM »
The way Cubillan was shooting at the end of last season he may need more than dual shoulder surgery...
Tradition Never Graduates..

mviale

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 03:09:13 PM »
I like that Buzz is moving away from the Southwest Airlines cattle call recruiting effort and bringing in one recruit to amaze.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

nola03

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 04:36:24 PM »
I like that Buzz is moving away from the Southwest Airlines cattle call recruiting effort and bringing in one recruit to amaze.

When you write of a cattle call you mean something like last year's Midnight Madness celebration that resulted in the commitment of Erik Williams, right?

YoungMUFan4

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 04:47:32 PM »
Since we have had a lot of early commitments we can afford to bring em in one at a time

mviale

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 10:35:59 PM »
And since he is the #15 player in his class, I think we can afford to give him some more attention than past recruits.

You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259