Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Another nice MU/Buzz/JUCO Player article  (Read 785 times)

NersEllenson

• All American
Another nice MU/Buzz/JUCO Player article
« on: March 25, 2011, 02:55:39 PM »
http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/pressbox/2011/03/25/marquette-a-reflection-of-its-coach-buzz-williams-as-they-prepare-to-face-north-carolina/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Liked these quotes from article:

“Say I was to come here and he couldn’t relate to me and reach out to me the way he reached out to me, you really at some point would shut down the way he coaches,” says Crowder. “But he knows what’s best for you. If it’s a different coach who doesn’t know what it takes for you to get here and just recruited you because you’re a good player but he can’t relate to you, at some point it’s going to all crash. Either you’re going to blow up or he will. You’re not going to have a great coach-player relationship because they don’t relate to you or get you like he does. Where coach came from it plays a major role how we JUCO guys go night in and night out and fight.”

Friday night they will be underdogs to the Tar Heels. The Golden Eagles lack the pomp of a roster stocked with McDonald’s All-Americans and future first round picks. Their coach, Roy Williams, has already been inducted into the Hall of Fame. Buzz Williams is four years removed from a 14-17 season at New Orleans.

But that suits these Eagles, they are a reflection of their coach. Crowder says if his coach had a better pedigree, he wouldn’t be here. Johnson-Odom still remembers when Williams walked into his house and reassuringly spoke to his mother.

“I’m not very good on this side of the railroad tracks but I get along pretty well with the people on the other side,” said Williams. “That’s kind of the collection of guys that we have. And I’m very similar to those guys that we have, I’m just an older version
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

feedback