[Today at 12:36:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 12:35:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 11:23:04 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 08:37:46 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Question for Chicos - ESPN Full Court Schedule  (Read 12153 times)

RJax55

• All American
Question for Chicos - ESPN Full Court Schedule
« on: October 15, 2008, 12:20:08 PM »
Chicos,

Do you know when the schedule for ESPN Full Court games will be available?

I see that Time Warner is once again broadcasting most of the non-conference games. Last year, these games were pickup by ESPN and added to the Full Court package. I hope that will be the case again this year.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Question for Chicos - ESPN Full Court Schedule
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 12:24:50 PM »
We are waiting for it.  I spoke to ESPN Monday and they are still finalizing the first draft.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 12:30:45 PM »
Thanks!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 12:59:30 PM »
Sorry to pile on the questions Chicos, but on the released TV schedule it listed a number of games listed as being on the Big East Network. 

The Big East Network is now a part of SNY now, correct?  And I remember from a previous post that SNY/Big East Network is available to DirectTV customers via the Sports Pack, right?

Thanks again for all your help!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 10:09:08 PM »
Sorry to pile on the questions Chicos, but on the released TV schedule it listed a number of games listed as being on the Big East Network. 

The Big East Network is now a part of SNY now, correct?  And I remember from a previous post that SNY/Big East Network is available to DirectTV customers via the Sports Pack, right?

Thanks again for all your help!

The first draft should be late next week of Full Court I was told today.  As for the Big East Network, it's not really a "network" in the sense that it's a channel.  It's rather the Big East branding a bunch of their games to local entities (i.e. Time Warner cable or ESPN Full Court).  So it's not like there is a Big East channel to go to, but a marketing angle more than anything else.

And yes, SNY is carrying the Big East games.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 02:19:54 PM »
So then, if one has SNY via subscribing to DirecTV's sports pack, is it a waste of money to also get ESPN-Full Court?

Thanks.
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 02:45:01 PM »
So then, if one has SNY via subscribing to DirecTV's sports pack, is it a waste of money to also get ESPN-Full Court?

Thanks.

Likely.  There might be a few games that are on Full Court that may not be on SNY, but until I see the Full Court schedule I can't confirm that yet.  But yes, likely that would be the case.  Plus SNY is in HD, even though the vast majority of these games (if not all) will NOT be shot in HD.  You still have the benefits of upconversion which should make for a better picture.

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 09:27:19 AM »
Chicos--

You guys really should stop with this nonsense of automatically renewing sport packages (with little to no notification) and charging consumers in advance of the service being rendered.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 11:53:00 PM »
Chicos--

You guys really should stop with this nonsense of automatically renewing sport packages (with little to no notification) and charging consumers in advance of the service being rendered.

Little to no notification?  I guess I'd disagree quite strongly on that. Every customer is sent a separate letter before the season starts (1 to 2 months ahead of time).  Not some fine print warning, but a mailer dedicated to only one thing...telling the customer they are being auto-renewed.  Some of these mailings, depending on the sport, are very elaborate (NFL includes the upcoming season schedule magnet, etc).  Customers also get an email if we have their email address.

Furthermore, on the bill two months prior it appears at no charge.  One month prior is the first charge.  Customers can cancel anytime up until the start of the season.  There is plenty of warning in writing in multiple locations.

And why do we do it?  Because it gives customers the best price point.  Years ago it wasn't done and customers would forget to renew and then complain when the season started that they didn't get the renewal rate but rather the "every day rate".  I guess you can't win for trying.  Customers complain for not having renewals.  Then customers complain for renewing them.  Can't win.   :-[   

A little tip, you can call in and have your name placed on a do not auto-renewal list and you won't be auto-renewed for any service (of course that also means if you don't act on your own the following year, you will not get the discount). 

Tigidal

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 03:19:24 PM »
bump...  Anything new on this yet?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 07:25:54 PM »
Not yet.  Still waiting on ESPN

MUCrisco

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 09:49:55 PM »
Chicos,
I'm thinking about switching to DirectTV, but I'm concerned that they don't get CBS in the Milwaukee area.  Will this be resolved soon?  I coach, so I'll be gone during some of the college basketball games.  I would like to be able to DVR them in HD.  Thanks.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 10:02:36 AM »
Chicos,
I'm thinking about switching to DirectTV, but I'm concerned that they don't get CBS in the Milwaukee area.  Will this be resolved soon?  I coach, so I'll be gone during some of the college basketball games.  I would like to be able to DVR them in HD.  Thanks.

You can easily get CBS58-HD with a antennae and DVR it with DirecTV if you can get a DVR from them with an ATSC tuner built in. I hear that nowadays that might be a problem as they stopped putting tuners in all of their boxes since most TV's have tuners. They do offer a separate add-on box with a tuner but I do not know if that integrates the off-the-air signals seamlessly like the built in ones do.

You could probably easily find that out at www.dbstalk.com.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 11:46:38 AM »
Homebrew is correct.  With the AM21 sidecar receiver you can get HD via off air from CBS.  Unfortunately, in the 150 markets we have HD, there are about 10 stations we don't have agreements with and CBS in Milwaukee is one of them.  They are holding out for rates that are simply not realistic in the market.

If you are going to do something, email me first so I can throw the friends and family offer your way.  It will be a better deal.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 11:33:02 AM »
I just posted on the blog the number.  14 games on Full Court.  Many of those games (I didn't check all of them) will be on the Big East Network (SNY, etc) or on channel 32 locally.

2TimeWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 05:40:43 PM »
Chicos-

Thanks for all the good info!  I just switched to DirectTV in the Appleton area since Time Warner was holding out on the local Fox affiliate.  I love it so far.  Is there anything that can be done with the friends and family discount after I've already signed up?  (That is, of course, if the offer applies to everyone)

Appreciate any help!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 05:53:28 PM »
Chicos-

Thanks for all the good info!  I just switched to DirectTV in the Appleton area since Time Warner was holding out on the local Fox affiliate.  I love it so far.  Is there anything that can be done with the friends and family discount after I've already signed up?  (That is, of course, if the offer applies to everyone)

Appreciate any help!

Unfortunately no, that program is only to acquire new customers.

Though if you PM me I can sometimes personally help with various deals from time to time (i.e. an equipment deal, etc).

KonaWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 12:48:15 PM »
Does anyone know if DirecTV will be broadcasting ESPNU in HD?  I would love to catch the 12/6 clash with the Badgers from the BC in HD.  When I emailed DirecTV the day before ESPN announced that the U would launch an HD channel, the said that it was not in their immediate plans. ?-(

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 04:06:05 PM »
Does anyone know if DirecTV will be broadcasting ESPNU in HD?  I would love to catch the 12/6 clash with the Badgers from the BC in HD.  When I emailed DirecTV the day before ESPN announced that the U would launch an HD channel, the said that it was not in their immediate plans. ?-(

We are in negotiations with them and have been for many months.  It goes well beyond ESPNU as many of these contracts usually do.  Hopefully it will happen soon but it's a complex one to be sure.

bigdog

• Walk-On
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2008, 02:53:37 AM »
Chicos,

So do we know how many games will be lost by not having the ESPN full court?

I now have the YES network package but I buy the Full Court primarily for MU games.

I guess the question is how many games will be unique to the full court package?  (I have all the ESPN family and the package with the YES network)

I would rather not pay 100 bucks for one or two games, but it is MU so I will pony up the full court for another year if needed.

Thanks Chicos.....You truly are god-like in all things Directv

Marquette Mama

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2008, 06:15:43 AM »
I defer to Chicos as the authority here.... However, was trying to make the same decision as I subscribe to Full Court and recently realized I have SNY with my Direct TV coverage.  Here is what I figure:

Unique to ESPN Full Court:
12/2 Central MI
1/7 Rutgers
1/31 Georgetown
2/7 Seton Hall

Real time on ESPN Full Court/Delayed SNY:
11/17 Chicago State
11/26 Texas Southern

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 07:54:58 AM »
I defer to Chicos as the authority here.... However, was trying to make the same decision as I subscribe to Full Court and recently realized I have SNY with my Direct TV coverage.  Here is what I figure:

For the complete listing of all televised Big East games go to: http://web.sny.tv/teams/bigeast_schedule_200809.jsp?oid=2  The tape delayed games are in a separate list on the bottom.

Most of Marquette's non-ESPN games are being televised on SNY.  A bunch in Nov. & Dec. are tape delayed.

Our next game is being shown on tape delay: 11/14/2008 8:30 PM Houston Baptist at Marquette televised on 11/15 - 4PM.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2008, 04:09:03 PM »
From past seasons, I would be very surprised if at least a couple of those three Big East games aren't picked up somewhere else (and not blacked out) live on the DirecTV sports pack, i.e. various Comcasts, YES, MASN, various Fox Sports affiliates, Sunshine, Altitude, etc. I recall the only game of consequence last year that I couldn't get with the Sports Pack, where I needed to go to a buddies house to watch the game via FullCourt, was the UConn game, which was picked up by, but blacked out on, MSG.
GO WARRIORS!