'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History?  (Read 377 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History?
« on: Today at 12:47:47 PM »
A person posted this question on Reddit and it got me wondering. If all else in their career trajectory happened as it did at MU who hurt the most leaving?

Obvious answer is Sam

Other contenders are Deonte and McKay, Maymon probably Mbakwe

Garcia & Joey, put up decent numbers but seemed way over ranked in HS. Haanif & Christopherson got pretty good their final years but were average prior. Taylor did well in the mid majors his last year.

Who else truly hurt leaving and watching their success elsewhere? (Non grad transfer)
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Lens

• All American
Re: Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:49:42 PM »
Odartey would have helped in 2004.

Not a transfer but LeDarryl killed me. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:57:27 PM »
The stories on each are so fascinating and so specific.

Sam
Jeronne
Odartey

Garcia didn't hurt.   Any transfer that becomes a punchline at the banquet three years later can't hurt too much.
« Last Edit: Today at 01:06:44 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:59:08 PM »
A person posted this question on Reddit and it got me wondering. If all else in their career trajectory happened as it did at MU who hurt the most leaving?

Obvious answer is Sam

Garcia & Joey, put up decent numbers but seemed way over ranked in HS. Haanif & Christopherson got pretty good their final years but were average prior. Taylor did well in the mid majors his last year.

Who else truly hurt leaving and watching their success elsewhere? (Non grad transfer)

Jameel’s departure was an omen for that season.

Would have been nice to have Mbkawe but I’m not sure how those rosters are different if he stays.

It’s Sam, though his departure hastened the end of the Wojo era.  Odartey is probably a close second

Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: Today at 01:08:20 PM »

Garcia didn't hurt.   Any transfer that becomes a punchline at the banquet three years later can't hurt too much.

Story time? Did I miss something?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:09:15 PM »
I second the Odartey Blankston call above. Very good looking player and could have been a key piece when he left.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: Today at 01:25:22 PM »
Story time? Did I miss something?
https://247sports.com/college/marquette/board/104085/Contents/great-banquetlasted-45-hrs-and-it-seemed-like-2-hrs-230258647/?page=1

At the end of the first post, Dodds references a remark Shaka dropped about a player leaving who thought MU was going to stink and now Oso is better than that player.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7 on: Today at 01:38:58 PM »
https://247sports.com/college/marquette/board/104085/Contents/great-banquetlasted-45-hrs-and-it-seemed-like-2-hrs-230258647/?page=1

At the end of the first post, Dodds references a remark Shaka dropped about a player leaving who thought MU was going to stink and now Oso is better than that player.

Hah nice. Thanks for the explanation
Maigh Eo for Sam

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #8 on: Today at 02:00:43 PM »

Obvious answer is Sam

Karon Bradley would have helped as a point guard

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #9 on: Today at 03:24:35 PM »
Not a transfer…..but when Joe Wolf declared for UNC , My Grandpa almost cried. My Uncles were yelling and swearing. They knew that the slope was slipping and weren’t too happy.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #10 on: Today at 03:32:24 PM »
I second the Odartey Blankston call above. Very good looking player and could have been a key piece when he left.

I agree and also think he could have helped in the Final Four.

feedback