Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Nothing but ❤️  (Read 8800 times)

Viper

• All American
Re: Nothing but ❤️
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2024, 04:26:22 PM »
You’re an older adult getting upset at a bunch of college kids representing your alma mater, who played short handed all game, and gave a strong effort in the process. And you’re going to “whatever” those who are proud of that?

Grow up.
you felt the need to answer for VBMG? He replied. All good. And, not upset. Frustrated with the L would be more fitting. You can disagree with me, and you typically do. That’s cool, I’m good with that… but chill with the scolding.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2024, 04:27:29 PM »
This year is not over, but I feel pretty good about Shaka and team next year (assuming Kam comes back)...

I said the same in the game thread. We just need one more guard even if Sean gets healthy quicker than expected. Doesn’t need to be a stud but depth is a bit thin there.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2024, 04:30:21 PM »
Only 7 assists today, which is completely understandable considering we were missing the two guys who the offense flows through, including the best PG in the country. 

A lot of talent coming back next season but what Shaka does at PG will be interesting. 

I do think BG has the skillset to be a poor man's Oso in terms of passing - he's had a few nice looks this season. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2024, 04:32:37 PM »
tower

I would add that Jop can be a beast in the paint. I said last year that Jop should be getting 10+ a game in the paint. He is crafty, big body and knows how to score.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2024, 04:35:06 PM »
PG help from the portal is a must. Maybe he can help at that spot some day, but Norman sure doesn’t look capable yet.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2024, 04:36:12 PM »
Gold needed to hit a couple of his open three shots. He was wide open and they left open. He could have turned things our way a couple of times.
The guy hasn't been making his 3s.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2024, 04:36:32 PM »
tower

I would add that Jop can be a beast in the paint. I said last year that Jop should be getting 10+ a game in the paint. He is crafty, big body and knows how to score.
Goose, BG had some good moments today. Hopefully he can build on it. More aggressive. Quicker feet. Shot was off, but overall game was good, imo.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2024, 04:36:51 PM »
tower

He’s making good progress. As he gets more comfortable and more decisive the efficiency will increase. I expect it to be a solid part of his game next season.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2024, 04:37:26 PM »
PG help from the portal is a must. Maybe he can help at that spot some day, but Norman sure doesn’t look capable yet.
Yeah, he really puked all over himself today.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2024, 04:40:32 PM »
Kam can carry the load without the big three deflecting attention.
Kam isnt a part of the “big three”?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2024, 04:41:28 PM »
Kam isnt a part of the “big three”?

Tyler, Oso, Jonah Lucas.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2024, 04:52:21 PM »
Norman’s capability of running the point has nothing to do w today’s game

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2024, 04:57:23 PM »
Take the Golden Eagles off the jersey and add Warriors. Incredible effort today. Really banged up and sick. 

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2024, 05:02:33 PM »
Take the Golden Eagles off the jersey and add Warriors. Incredible effort today. Really banged up and sick.

And yet we have no shortage of alleged fans bitching. Kolek 'em!
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2024, 05:14:05 PM »

This is the correct take. Just ran out of gas at the end.

This team is in good hands next season.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2024, 05:14:12 PM »
Great effort from the team today.  Just phenomonal.  Creighton absolutely blew the doors off full strength UCONN  and Seton Hall at home their last two games.  I did feel Shaka could have called some timeouts to help guys catch their wind, but I suspect he didn't want to give Kalkbrenner the benefit of additional rest either.

Stevie was a warrior once again today.  Joplin played his most complete offensive game at MU, and despite a few of the usual frustrating turnovers and misses right at the basket - largely performed at a really high level.  Zaide showed a lot of promise/potential.  Kam was fantastic, and great to see him working his magic off the bounce again.  Gold played pretty well too given the task at hand of trying to defend Kalkbrenner for 37 minutes.  Sure would have been great if a few more of his 3's went in though.

Fun game to watch for sure.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2024, 05:14:16 PM »
With everything stacked up against this team today, no need to highlight any negatives.

Loved the following:

1. Gold playing some very good defense in the first half and taking it to the hole a few times.
2. Jop expanding his offensive game.  Better drives to the hoop, better decision making, better finishing.  Great to see.
3. Stevie being more offensive minded is huge.
4. ZL had a very good game.  Hit some 3s and played some good defense.
5. Kam being the man in the first half even as he is getting beat up.

High hopes for some extended runs in both tournaments.
Yes….all of this. Very impressed with Jop under control in the lane and Zaide’s no fear mentality.

Biggie Clausen

• Walk-On
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2024, 05:16:12 PM »
For me, the coolest play of the game was when Joplin took it to the basket and dunked.  It displayed a level of confidence and aggressiveness that I haven’t seen from him before.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2024, 05:17:09 PM »
Nope.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2024, 05:19:00 PM »
As discussed in another thread, assuming status quo and no injuries, Tre is not starting at the point next year.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 05:39:23 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2024, 05:22:56 PM »
Never posted that he would. But he doesn’t even seem to be the answer for spot minutes at that position

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2024, 05:23:12 PM »
For me, the coolest play of the game was when Joplin took it to the basket and dunked.  It displayed a level of confidence and aggressiveness that I haven’t seen from him before.

https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/1764029984094429417?t=GfkEpfq25JpfvH-Yz41tzQ&s=19

MU82

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2024, 05:33:17 PM »
Great effort from the team today.  Just phenomonal.  Creighton absolutely blew the doors off full strength UCONN  and Seton Hall at home their last two games.  I did feel Shaka could have called some timeouts to help guys catch their wind, but I suspect he didn't want to give Kalkbrenner the benefit of additional rest either.

Stevie was a warrior once again today.  Joplin played his most complete offensive game at MU, and despite a few of the usual frustrating turnovers and misses right at the basket - largely performed at a really high level.  Zaide showed a lot of promise/potential.  Kam was fantastic, and great to see him working his magic off the bounce again.  Gold played pretty well too given the task at hand of trying to defend Kalkbrenner for 37 minutes.  Sure would have been great if a few more of his 3's went in though.

Fun game to watch for sure.

Agree with everything here. Great point about how good Creighton has been at home lately - we played them better today than the team many folks believe is likely to repeat as national champs.

The one time I wanted Shaka to call time was in the first half when the game went like about 5 minutes without a stoppage and our guys were noticeably gassed. Joplin made a layup to cut it to 1, and I was screaming at the TV, "Call time, Shaka!" But no, and Alexander made a 3 and I again begged for a timeout. And then Alexander hit another 3. Just like that, 6 free points. But Shaka is 1,000 times more good than bad, and I'm sure he had his reasons for letting play go on - including perhaps the one you suggested about Kalkbrenner.

Only 7 assists today, which is completely understandable considering we were missing the two guys who the offense flows through, including the best PG in the country.

When I looked at the box score, that jumped out at me, too: 30 baskets but only 7 assists. When we have our two passing wizards, it's usually more like at least 15 assists on 30 makes. There was more 1-on-1 and iso ball today, lots more dribbling. But as you said, totally understandable, and I loved the way the guys battled and found ways to score.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2024, 05:42:24 PM »
Love this team, great effort today.

- Surprised Chase didn’t have an impact.

Either injured or the virus.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2024, 06:05:26 PM »
Norman’s capability of running the point has nothing to do w today’s game
agreed

feedback