Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Nothing but ❤️  (Read 8791 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Nothing but ❤️
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2024, 03:39:58 PM »
Gold needed to hit a couple of his open three shots. He was wide open and they left open. He could have turned things our way a couple of times.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2024, 03:40:13 PM »
Again - looking at him out there today I’m convinced he has the big too

Figures.  Smh. 

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2024, 03:41:16 PM »
Re: no. 9
Totally agree.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2024, 03:42:16 PM »
Big congrats to nyg, who netted a cool $9.09 this afternoon betting against his alma mater.

Just can’t let it go can you. That’s like 4 different posts you made against me after I advised I made a wager.  It’s a sports bet, a sports bet.  Does not mean I wasnt rooting for the team, I bet against my Jets almost every game, still root for them. Rather lose the bet if team could have pulled it out. It’s a sports bet, so now you label me as non fan.

I have been on this site for 17 years, so I am a non fan because I took an opportunity to make a pretty good wager.  Just grow up and stop acting like a child. Always respected Warriorchicks posts over the years, guess she feels the same, guess perception thing. Oh well, is what it is.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2024, 03:42:41 PM »
Marquette left nothing on the table. They will all remember this game but there will be no regrets. There effort is inspiring to us all. Get healthy and we go to another level.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2024, 03:43:31 PM »
Love this team, great effort today.

- Great to see Gold play well on the road.  Thought he got tired down the stretch.
- While Ben played well overall, he still misses a ton of open 3s.  He was 1 -8 today and all open looks.  Has he ever missed a short long?
- Glad Shaka took Tre after that terrible shot selection.  Have confidence but be smart.
- needed Kam, Stevie and Jop to step up today and they all delivered.  Jop defense still needs work though, hes the only player that loses focus/intensity each game
- Nice to see Zaide get some minutes and contribute. 
- Surprised Chase didn’t have an impact. 
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

Viper

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2024, 03:43:41 PM »
But there are losses you can live with and learn from.
losing sucks, bro. Period.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2024, 03:44:03 PM »
Big congrats to nyg, who netted a cool $9.09 this afternoon betting against his alma mater.

Who cares.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2024, 03:44:23 PM »
Just can’t let it go can you. That’s like 4 different posts you made against me after I advised I made a wager.  It’s a sports bet, a sports bet.  Does not mean I wasnt rooting for the team, I bet against my Jets almost every game, still root for them. Rather lose the bet if team could have pulled it out. It’s a sports bet, so now you label me as non fan.

I have been on this site for 17 years, so I am a non fan because I took an opportunity to make a pretty good wager.  Just grow up and stop acting like a child. Always respected Warriorchicks posts over the years, guess she feels the same, guess perception thing. Oh well, is what it is.

I'm sorry man, I had no idea you were a Jets fan. Take care.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2024, 03:46:05 PM »
Kolek out, Oso out, Kam favoring an ankle very early in the game and later as well, Tre puking and then coming back in briefly and our guys were down just a few points late. I'm not going to go with the moral victory theme, but the toughness shown in this game was absolutely phenomenal. SO proud of our team.

Bitch if you want about the missed 3's, but I'm not willing to join anyone criticizing the team in any way today.

The weird thing is that this game has made me more optimistic about our chances for a natty.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 03:48:22 PM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2024, 03:47:16 PM »
Love this team, great effort today.

- Great to see Gold play well on the road.  Thought he got tired down the stretch.
- While Ben played well overall, he still misses a ton of open 3s.  He was 1 -8 today and all open looks.  Has he ever missed a short long?
- Glad Shaka took Tre after that terrible shot selection.  Have confidence but be smart.
- needed Kam, Stevie and Jop to step up today and they all delivered.  Jop defense still needs work though, hes the only player that loses focus/intensity each game
- Nice to see Zaide get some minutes and contribute. 
- Surprised Chase didn’t have an impact.

Norman was puking in first half - again - I think multiple guys beyond Oso have the Noravirus going around too - all the more impressive of effort - gas tank emptied at 3 1/2 minutes

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2024, 03:48:26 PM »
Wondering if Chase is completely healthy and there's some minutes management going on.
Yes…..when hes not playing well his minutes are managed.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2024, 03:50:51 PM »
I told my wife, "This is gonna sound corny, but I'm real proud of these guys."

2-point game with 4:15 to play ... on the road against a top-15 team ... without our 2 best players. Pretty effen amazing performance, really.

Could've survived Kolek's absence in this one IMHO, but not having Oso to dominate Kalkbrenner was a killer.

Needed more offense from Gold - hit a couple of those wide-open 3s and it changes the way Kalkbrenner can play D. And needed more everything from Ross, but as others said he didn't look anywhere near 100% out there.

Lowery really played well for us. Stevie's such a damn good basketball player. Great game from Joplin, as well as he's ever played. Posterizing Kalkbrenner was marvelous.

I've been saying all season that Kam can play in the NBA, and these last 4 games sure haven't made me feel any differently.

Give us a healthy team and take 2 of Alexander, Kalkbrenner and Scheierman away from them. We'd have won by 20!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2024, 03:53:03 PM »
losing sucks, bro. Period.

So does having no perspective, bro.

rgoode57

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2024, 03:55:47 PM »
These guys deserve a lot of credit for their effort today. A lot of fight.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2024, 03:57:51 PM »

Viper is a moron
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

FairWeatherEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2024, 03:59:03 PM »
9.  Anybody who is not impressed and proud of how MU played today, turn in your fan card.
Agree, see other thread  :(

Goose

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2024, 03:59:54 PM »
Have we heard from Farley yet?

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2024, 04:05:47 PM »
With everything stacked up against this team today, no need to highlight any negatives.

Loved the following:

1. Gold playing some very good defense in the first half and taking it to the hole a few times.
2. Jop expanding his offensive game.  Better drives to the hoop, better decision making, better finishing.  Great to see.
3. Stevie being more offensive minded is huge.
4. ZL had a very good game.  Hit some 3s and played some good defense.
5. Kam being the man in the first half even as he is getting beat up.

High hopes for some extended runs in both tournaments.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2024, 04:07:30 PM »
Have we heard from Farley yet?

I wasn't rude to anyone in the game thread so no. 

Viper

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2024, 04:10:11 PM »
I sent you a PM and you were cool. What’s up?
BG had a nice floor game, imo. Kam played well. Jop played well. Stevie played well. Everyone competed. But, don’t we all agree that losing games, regardless of effort, intangible's etc, leaves a sour taste? I guess I’ve never been down w/moral victories. It win…or lose.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2024, 04:13:45 PM »

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2024, 04:15:12 PM »
BG had a nice floor game, imo. Kam played well. Jop played well. Stevie played well. Everyone competed. But, don’t we all agree that losing games, regardless of effort, intangible's etc, leaves a sour taste? I guess I’ve never been down w/moral victories. It win…or lose.

There's that perspective. 

Losing does suck but not all losses feel the same based on circumstances.

Yeah, we had a chance to steal one but I come out of this game feeling much more positive than disappointed or negative.  And I question anyone that doesn't feel the same. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2024, 04:16:37 PM »

You’re an older adult getting upset at a bunch of college kids representing your alma mater, who played short handed all game, and gave a strong effort in the process. And you’re going to “whatever” those who are proud of that?

Grow up.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2024, 04:18:42 PM »
This year is not over, but I feel pretty good about Shaka and team next year (assuming Kam comes back)...

feedback