Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: (Mother Wolowitz voice) Howard!  (Read 4833 times)

79Warrior

• All American
Re: (Mother Wolowitz voice) Howard!
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2016, 10:17:16 AM »
Most telling thing to me was that when Luke got hurt Wojo went to Sam to play the 5, Heldt just not there yet.

Matt not close to ready for more competitive games.. Not sure why Dodds thought he was going to be much improved. He will be joining Sandy at the end of the bench unless we are playing cupcakes.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2016, 10:18:19 AM »
Matt not close to ready for more competitive games.. Not sure why Dodds thought he was going to be much improved. He will be joining Sandy at the end of the bench unless we are playing cupcakes.

Well you answered your question when you mentioned Sandy.

Dodds thinks Sandy is actually good
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2016, 10:18:56 AM »
The TV announcers said that since the Howard player who was fouled left the game, Wojo got to choose who took the free throws for Howard.  I just assumed that has one of Howard's big guys Mingo doesn't shoot FTs at as high a clip as their perimeter guys.

The TV guys said Wojo got to choose from the "four guys remaining on the floor."  Maybe that's not the case and Wojo got to choose whomever he wished including the guy who checked in.  But Mingo is their best free throw shooter so...

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2016, 10:19:00 AM »
The TV announcers said that since the Howard player who was fouled left the game, Wojo got to choose who took the free throws for Howard.  I just assumed that has one of Howard's big guys Mingo doesn't shoot FTs at as high a clip as their perimeter guys.

I think that was in the first half when the player looked dizzy...this was a separate occurance of which the announcers made no mention, I believe.

I could be wrong though.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 10:26:26 AM by MuEagle1090 »

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2016, 10:38:07 AM »

2.  Either Wilson or Rowsey is going to be unhappy with their role by the end of the year.  They are basically the same player and one of them will emerge as better than the other and get the minutes. 

3. I already see this breaking down into a rotation where 8 guys get the bulk of the time (Luke, Haanif, JJJ, Katin, Traci, Markus, Sam and Duane/Rowsey), with either Rowsey or Duane getting less than those, and two guys just getting spot time (Matt and Sandy)  Matt might get more in certain situations but after two games, I must admit that I was expecting a little more.  We will see how it plays out.

I agree, that's looks to be the biggest battle for minutes. Also, Rowsey played some point for a few minutes last night. My guess is that as the season progresses, the minutes at the point will be split only between Markus and Traci.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2016, 10:54:20 AM »
Held is going to keep going out there.  Sink or swim.  I think he will improve.  Foolish to give up on a 3 star big two games into his sophomore year.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2016, 10:55:21 AM »
I'm hardly giving up on him.  I just don't think he will be the back up that I thought he would be.  It's not his fault my expectations were too high!

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2016, 11:00:15 AM »
As far as the threes, I'm not too concerned about the team going cold. There will be some cold strings, like the first half against Vandy, but we have so many shooters that score the three in so many different ways (set shot, step right, jab step, step back) that I think it will be tough for anyone to force us into a team off night. Right now we're shooting it so well as a team that no one is mentioning the guy who won the three point contest at Madness and is regarded as maybe the best shooter on the team (Rowsey) hasn't made one yet.

The team went 9 for 21 from three, which is 42.86%, so that is pretty good. However Wilson was 0-3 and Rowsey 0-2, which means the rest of the team was 9-16.
In the first two games Rowsey has not been able to hit a three. He was so open last night he had time to take a dribble to reseat his feat and still bricked a wide open three. I expect him to turn it around, but so far his three point shooting has not been near what I was expecting. I do not remember a three point shot last night that I thought was a bad shot. The team is really not three point shot happy as the original poster posted under item 7.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2016, 11:14:39 AM »
He still has a lot of work to do, but he is much improved over last year. Last year he did not even play in the first two games. He already has 6 rebounds compared to 13 for all of last season.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2016, 01:30:55 PM »
It's two games into the season. I don't think wet can really conclude how good or bad any player at this point
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2016, 01:43:40 PM »
It's two games into the season. I don't think wet can really conclude how good or bad any player at this point

At what point in the schedule, are you comfortable  in rendering an opinion?
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2016, 01:51:03 PM »

At what point in the schedule, are you comfortable  in rendering an opinion?

I was comfortable giving an opinion at the end of last season. I've just seen a lot people stating things as foregone conclusions.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2016, 01:58:44 PM »
I was comfortable giving an opinion at the end of last season. I've just seen a lot people stating things as foregone conclusions.

OK then...Thanks.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

feedback