Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: X thoughts  (Read 13025 times)

Blackhat

• All American
Re: X thoughts
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2014, 06:10:09 AM »
Lack of defense/rebounding in second half was worrisome..but they did create turnovers and had good pressure.

Like how the guys are playing on O right now, good ball movement. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2014, 06:54:53 AM »
We won because we scored 27 points off 19 X turnovers and because we outscored our opponent by 12 points from 3-point range (which rarely happens) and 9 points at the FT line.

There were many fine individual performances, especially by a backcourt that looked like a real, live, high-major backcourt, but I don't need any fancy stats to tell me that forcing a bunch of turnovers and actually making a few shots is what won this game.

If we can do the same against Creighton, we will win again.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2014, 09:53:18 AM »
Great, great win!  So good to see Marquette dominate!

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2014, 11:19:01 AM »

Like how the guys are playing on O right now, good ball movement. 

This is on the money. The last three games, roughly 60% of the baskets have come off assists. Now, I don't know how many of those were Basic Assists that don't really count, but certainly indicative of pretty good ball movement.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2014, 11:41:19 AM »
Here's the thing, if Ners is going to fellate Dawson for one or two good games all year, I want him on his unnatural carnal knowledgeing knees for games like these.  Derrick is a work in progress, but he is totally putting it together.

If you can't understand why people want to give Ners crap about Dwill playing well... I don't know.  You haven't been paying attention.

I have been. My point stands. NEXT.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2014, 12:46:44 PM »
I have ZERO problem giving a guy credit who plays well...ever...was truly happy for Derrick and the team today...and as a huge MU fan.  But, I don't sugar coat and try to polish what generally has been very poor PG play all year long int0 something it wasn't - good/effective.  Derrick was GREAT today, because he was absolutely disruptive defensively -with the steals, along with limiting Christian - and he was able to convert many of the steals in transition into buckets.  I don't care that he took and missed a 3...and I don't say he had the best game of his career at MU due to the 9 points he scored - I say it because he was truly elite defensively today, and that played a HUGE part in this team beating X.

Derrick also had a really nice bounce pass, clever, assist to Gardner at one point that was a thing of beauty.  He's showing signs of progress the last 3-4 games...also think it helps having Mayo out there 30+ minutes per game for Derrick and Jake's benefit as well..as he helps space the floor really well.
Derrick did play well yesterday and is improving. One area where he continues to do poorly at is the pick and roll. Have noticed that there are numerous times where Ox picks for him, he rolls and Derrick does not even attempt to pass to him. Now, those can be tough to execute because of spacing and vision, but he does not even attempt it. Don't know if that is because he is too conservative or does not have the vision--maybe some of both. But a good PG will make some of those passes.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2014, 01:55:12 PM »
Does anyone know if I can watch this game online? 

Not that anyone cares but...
My local news (Jacksonville, FL) cut in with 8 min left in the first half and proceeded to discuss a local murder trial verdict for 2 unnatural carnal knowledgeing hours. 

Wow. I would have lost it.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

goan

• Walk-On
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2014, 02:05:52 PM »
Buzz is a great coach with a lot of patience. The team and the players have finally learned what he has been teaching them over the course of the season.The team played very very well yesterday against X.

Let us not be negative on the team . We need to support the team and let us hope they get into the big dance.

Go warriors!

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2014, 03:09:18 PM »
As per Stockton:
Otule = Davante
Derrick = Mayo
We have a very versatile team, we can decoy players at will

I don't so much mind the announcing duo of Brevin Knight / Dick Stockton, but REALLY hope they don't get our game on Wednesday.
1.) Dick, it's the "Beemo" Harris Bradley Center, not B-M-O. (seriously, do you own a television or radio?)
2.) Brevin, it's not "Cray-in"; pretty sure there is "T" in there somewhere

Regarding the actual game, if someone had told you the shooting percentage for both teams (XU= 54.2% and MU= 46.2%) and also told you MU got outrebounded by 12, you would have been pretty pissed. I loved the active hands by everyone to start the game. Really set the tone on defense, though some big lapses as the game wore on. If STJ wants to get minutes this year, he needs to be a rebounding machine when he's in there.

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2014, 10:06:00 PM »
2.) Brevin, it's not "Cray-in"; pretty sure there is "T" in there somewhere

So, wa 'ave ya agin the Sco'ish, laddie?

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2014, 11:12:22 PM »

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2014, 11:20:20 PM »
The Xavier SB nation boys are raving
http://www.bannersontheparkway.com/2014/2/16/5417962/sunday-conversation-2-16-xavier-chris-mack-tournament

God those guys are clueless. Something tells me they don't know that St. Johns is read hot.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....