Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 7,832  (Read 6439 times)

Sir Lawrence

• All American
Re: 7,832
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2010, 07:48:45 PM »

"Kenosha"...look it up.

Or even Pleasant Prairie/Bristol/Paddock Lake.
Ludum habemus.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2010, 07:55:01 PM »
I don't get why people don't go to the games to just watch MU.
Ding, ding, ding, ding, you hit it on the head!!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 08:16:55 PM »
Maybe, but isn't that part of the bigger question?  How many people are interested in going to MU vs Prairie View A&M or some of the other cupcakes?  The pool of people wanting to attend just isn't that large.

All the tickets on Ebay were bid on...  I love the early season games because you get to watch the young players finally play in an authentic setting, and watch the team grow, but I'm probably more than an average fan.  That said...it would take all of 10 min. to get the tickets into someone's hands that wants to see the game.  I'm not talking about filling the BC, but filling the lower level should be common practice.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 09:21:45 PM »
What get's to me is those seats going empty.  There is no reason the majority of those ticket holders couldn't have given those tickets to someone interested in going.  Heck, drop them off at the local school and let them make the day of a family in tough times, etc.

Amen to that. When I realized I couldn't trade off for Wednesday or Saturday, I sent out an email to some friends. My boss took one pair as a gift for his brother, another friend took the second pair. It's pretty easy to get rid of tickets. And now that you remind me about donating them...well, I don't anticipate missing many more games this year, but if I do, I will definitely make sure they don't go to waste.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2010, 11:48:05 PM »
All the tickets on Ebay were bid on...  I love the early season games because you get to watch the young players finally play in an authentic setting, and watch the team grow, but I'm probably more than an average fan.  That said...it would take all of 10 min. to get the tickets into someone's hands that wants to see the game.  I'm not talking about filling the BC, but filling the lower level should be common practice.

Desired practice, yes.  Common practice...it's just not going to happen for those games.  Don't get me wrong, I'd be at every one of those games, but most people aren't junkies for the team like those of us here are.

I share season tickets to the Angels and it's the same thing when the Royals or Mariners or Orioles are in town.  The lower level seats that are always taken for good teams are empty often for the crap teams, despite the fact they are sold also.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2010, 06:53:15 AM »
Desired practice, yes.  Common practice...it's just not going to happen for those games.  Don't get me wrong, I'd be at every one of those games, but most people aren't junkies for the team like those of us here are.

I share season tickets to the Angels and it's the same thing when the Royals or Mariners or Orioles are in town.  The lower level seats that are always taken for good teams are empty often for the crap teams, despite the fact they are sold also.

I get that...we split Brewer tickets in my office, and many games go untaken after the intial rush to get the good teams.  Our policy is that if they're not taken 10 days prior to the game we send out an email to all employees or donate to a Boys and Girls type thing.  My guess is if the people care enough to come get them from our secretary they're going to the game, and we haven't had tickets sit for 2 years.  Not to mention I'm an hour from Milwaukee...I'm betting there are plenty of 12-18 year old kids at MPS that would love to get in the BC for ANY game given free tickets.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2010, 07:00:29 AM »
Something I finally get to speak intelligently on.  Student season ticket sales dropped off, especially with the upperclassmen, after the Big 3 left.  The kids incorrectly thought that last year would be rebuilding.  This year's tickets sold better.  The university is also very pleased with the success of the $99 end court package.  That sold out this year.  It is where my season tickets are.  We make about 60% of the gamrs from Chicago.  So far my only miss was Wednesday against GB.  No way with work the next day and an 8 pm start.  My Frosh daughter has season tickets.  She missed the exhibition and will miss today because she swims for MU and those games conflict with a meet.

Word from her on campus was that the Bucknell game was impacted by a significant number of mid quarter exams/papers due that upcoming week.  Kids simply needed Sunday for some book time.  She actually sat with us that afternoon to spend some time with mom and dad.

MU draws very well for its size.  Remember that the Bradley is a huge house for college hoops. Sure it looks a little empty for 'little sister of the poor' games.  But wait for the BE season.  And not to pick on other BE schools but have any of you been to a DePaul game?  'Nuff said.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2010, 09:14:21 AM »
I'd like to see an average attendance vs. enrollment ratio of various schools.  I imagine MU has to rank near the top of that.  Does any other school have an average attendance larger than their enrollment?

feedback