collapse

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Michigan  (Read 61694 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Michigan
« Reply #175 on: May 26, 2020, 12:17:57 PM »
Michigan governor's husband in some hot water playing the I am married to the Governor card to get the family boat out over Memorial Day weekend.  Another do as I say, not as I do from these politicians.  Why do they wonder if so many citizens aren't following their orders when they don't themselves?

https://abcnews.go.com/Travel/wireStory/michigan-governors-husband-pleaded-boat-water-70882659

Oh, Cheeks, as with the Pritzker construction story you wrongly tried to pass off as a case of hypocrisy, what occurred here was in no way in violation of the state's orders or guidelines.
People in Michigan are allowed to boat and travel to vacation homes. Nobody is "in hot water."
And, us usual, it would be useful if you would read the links you post here.
From the story:

"NorthShore Dock subsequently said on Facebook that Mallory was respectful and understood why the company couldn’t immediately get his boat in the water, the News reported."

"The governor has lifted restrictions on Michigan residents traveling to second homes or taking a road trip."

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #176 on: May 26, 2020, 12:51:40 PM »
So again a non elected official did something that wasn't what the elected official encouraged, nor did it necessarily mean that the elected official was doing it themselves but people are blaming the elected official. Ok.
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #177 on: May 26, 2020, 01:03:10 PM »
So, according to the business that took the call...    an employee came to the owner/manager and said there was a man on hold that the O/M needed to talk to.    The man on the phone asked if it would be possible to get his boat in the water before Memorial Day.   The O/M said that they were three weeks behind, that there was no way he could get it done.    The man on the phone asked if it mattered that he was the husband of the governor.    The O/M said no and said the caller took the rejection politely and did not pursue it.     

Tacky, but no scandal.      And it hasn't been confirmed that the person on the phone WAS the husband of the governor or just claimed to be.     But the R's will pursue it because they are desperate.     

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2020/05/25/purported-northern-michigan-boat-request-fuels-controversy-gretchen-whitmer/5254889002/

Detroit News is the more conservative of the Detroit Papers.    They quote the original facebook poster as saying the caller was respectful.     And then the R politicians trying to wind it up.     

Hell, the original poster even got a shot in at the governor.    The boat didn't get put in.   

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/05/26/whitmer-cottage-boat-dock-marc-mallory-senator-coverup-barrett/5257672002/

Sigh.   Cheeks gotta cheek.   

« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 01:23:31 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #178 on: May 26, 2020, 01:14:14 PM »
Tacky, but no scandal.   

Yes. The Gov's husband name-dropping in hopes of better/faster service is stupid, but clearly nothing wrong was done here in relation to coronavirus-related restrictions.
Efforts to paint this as the governor not abiding by her own order are plainly false.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #179 on: May 26, 2020, 01:33:02 PM »
https://news.yahoo.com/missouri-health-officials-call-self-111125776.html

I am way more concerned about stupid crap like this than I am about the spouse of the governor thinking that name dropping actually impresses anybody.   

Update:   
https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/05/26/whitmer-husband-boat-launch-marc-mallory/5259644002/

Dentist goes for laugh.    Fails.   Wife seriously ticked at him.       Should make him a hero to 'some people'.

https://www.woodtv.com/video/whitmer-addresses-reports-of-husbands-call-to-dock/5538010/

Governor Whitmer addresses it.   
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 03:17:38 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2020, 03:48:39 PM »
Michigan governor's husband in some hot water playing the I am married to the Governor card to get the family boat out over Memorial Day weekend.  Another do as I say, not as I do from these politicians.  Why do they wonder if so many citizens aren't following their orders when they don't themselves?

https://abcnews.go.com/Travel/wireStory/michigan-governors-husband-pleaded-boat-water-70882659

So what did he do that the Governor has said he shouldn't do?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2020, 06:09:24 PM »
Biden uses the n-word!

https://www.ebay.com/b/Mickey-Mouse-Watches/14324/bn_7000878619

Oh wait ... now that I look more closely, it was just an eBay listing for Mickey Mouse watches. I guess next time I actually should read the link I post.

Sincerely,
WD/Cheeks/chicos/Jams/hoopaloop
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2020, 06:12:52 PM »
So what did he do that the Governor has said he shouldn't do?

Nothing.   Businesses up north were opening.    I am sure the O/M was inundated.    The dentist was just gauche enough to name drop and try to move up in the queue.   He says now he was joking.    I am ambivalent about believing that.     But I do believe the original poster who said that the caller didn't push it and took rejection politely.   

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2020, 08:40:01 PM »
Nothing.   Businesses up north were opening.    I am sure the O/M was inundated.    The dentist was just gauche enough to name drop and try to move up in the queue.   He says now he was joking.    I am ambivalent about believing that.     But I do believe the original poster who said that the caller didn't push it and took rejection politely.   

Oh.

OP seemed to imply this has something to do with shutting down/Covid/restrictions.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2020, 09:23:14 PM »
Joe has said some stupid stuff and will say more stupid stuff.    This was stupid stuff.     Compared to Trump tweets, however, this is mouse nuts.

Whataboutism, Tower. Works both ways.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #185 on: May 27, 2020, 05:53:43 AM »
No, Lenny.  I acknowledge the flaws of both candidates.   Whataboutism uses the flaws of the other to deflect and defend whichever you are defending.    However, in an objective comparison,  it isn't close.   

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #186 on: May 27, 2020, 08:03:37 PM »
Oh, Cheeks, as with the Pritzker construction story you wrongly tried to pass off as a case of hypocrisy, what occurred here was in no way in violation of the state's orders or guidelines.
People in Michigan are allowed to boat and travel to vacation homes. Nobody is "in hot water."
And, us usual, it would be useful if you would read the links you post here.
From the story:

"NorthShore Dock subsequently said on Facebook that Mallory was respectful and understood why the company couldn’t immediately get his boat in the water, the News reported."

"The governor has lifted restrictions on Michigan residents traveling to second homes or taking a road trip."

Again, I am not cheeks.

I did not say it violated the order, why are you misrepresenting what I said?  The Governors have asked people to do certain things, the politicians are doing something else.  If it was not a big deal, why did the governor of Michigan address it and call out her husband for not being very funny as he was supposedly joking to get to the front of the line for the boat?

It is about optics.  When a leader says please don't go to the beach and we prefer you stay at home, but your political family is going - the followup complaints by these leaders that people aren't staying at home falls on deaf ears. 

These leaders are starting to lift restrictions and at the same time asking people to stay at home (but we won't enforce it).  When people don't stay at home, they start wagging their finger all while their families are doing the same thing. 

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #187 on: May 27, 2020, 08:16:29 PM »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

lawdog77

• All American

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #189 on: June 01, 2020, 04:26:37 PM »
Michigan stay at home order lifted.  Groups of up to 100 allowed outdoors.  Seems like we are on our way out of this thing!

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #190 on: June 01, 2020, 05:08:31 PM »
Michigan stay at home order lifted.  Groups of up to 100 allowed outdoors.  Seems like we are on our way out of this thing!

On our way out of the lockdown- not on the way out of Covid.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #191 on: June 01, 2020, 05:09:42 PM »
Driven by data.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #192 on: June 09, 2020, 07:33:33 AM »
Big Gretch recall effort underway.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #193 on: June 09, 2020, 07:43:17 AM »

Unless things have changed dramatically, a significant majority of Michiganders approve of Whitmer's response to the pandemic.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/05/20/republican-men-views-coronavirus/5227671002/

Now, that poll was taken in mid-May, so several weeks have passed. You'd know better than the rest of us would, tower.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #194 on: June 09, 2020, 07:56:19 AM »

sounds like big retch got a little heavy with karl the barber and that ain't going over too well

https://deadline.com/2020/06/michigan-supreme-court-rules-barber-had-right-to-work-1202952887/
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #195 on: June 09, 2020, 08:24:46 AM »
Unless things have changed dramatically, a significant majority of Michiganders approve of Whitmer's response to the pandemic.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/05/20/republican-men-views-coronavirus/5227671002/

Now, that poll was taken in mid-May, so several weeks have passed. You'd know better than the rest of us would, tower.
The polling hasn't changed.   

All salons have been closed since March.  The old man made it personal and won a now meaningless case.   Yay?  His barbershop is all he had and I get it.   But honestly, I think he's a d!ck.  If he had been my barber, he would now be my former barber.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 08:44:24 AM by tower912 »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #196 on: June 09, 2020, 09:25:53 AM »
sounds like big retch got a little heavy with karl the barber and that ain't going over too well

https://deadline.com/2020/06/michigan-supreme-court-rules-barber-had-right-to-work-1202952887/

Yeah ... I'll rely on the polling, and on tower's on-the-ground reporting, before I use one-off anecdotes as "proof" of something.

At last count, your emperor was about half as popular in Michigan as "big retch."

tower912

• All American

tower912

• All American
« Reply #198 on: June 15, 2020, 05:12:00 PM »
60, 000 cases.  5,772 deaths.   Only 70 new case and 2 deaths in the last 24 hours.   I like the Oxford study saying the quarantine in Michigan may have cut deaths by 90%.   

Go, Big Gretch.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #199 on: June 15, 2020, 05:50:31 PM »
60, 000 cases.  5,772 deaths.   Only 70 new case and 2 deaths in the last 24 hours.   I like the Oxford study saying the quarantine in Michigan may have cut deaths by 90%.   

Go, Big Gretch.

Governors are/were vital with zero national leadership. Tens of thousands of lives saved by these brave leaders.