'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruits on campus or any news on possible recruits  (Read 13606 times)

muwar2003

• Scholarship Player
Recruits on campus or any news on possible recruits
« on: April 29, 2013, 07:09:49 PM »
Does anyone know if there is any 2014 recruit or a recruit for this year news?  Any names do we really have a chance for?

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
Re: Recruits on campus or any news on possible recruits
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 08:16:52 PM »
Signup for twitter: way more recruiting info there than what makes it back here.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 08:45:24 PM »
Nick Noskowiak visiting tomorrow, according to Dave Telep.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 08:47:14 PM »
For example, Duane is currently fielding questions from all his followers. Stone asked him who his best friend was and he answered "Diamond Stone".  ;D ;D ;D
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 10:54:29 PM »
Its way to early for recruits to commit, Buzz was on TV tonight and he was on the road recruiting for how many days straight, not sure, but whatever the amount was, he was out.  MU
is talking to many kids, they will get there share this year I am sure, Buzz is a hot ticket now,  he is young, can relate to kids probably better than Boeheim, Pitino, Coach K, and Roy
Williams, but he is at MU, you never know, but I think this year he might get a Top 20 kid, time will tell.  What is nice is that there are alot of kids in Wisky and Ill. that he has offered.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 11:00:23 PM »
Its way to early for recruits to commit, Buzz was on TV tonight and he was on the road recruiting for how many days straight, not sure, but whatever the amount was, he was out.  MU
is talking to many kids, they will get there share this year I am sure, Buzz is a hot ticket now,  he is young, can relate to kids probably better than Boeheim, Pitino, Coach K, and Roy
Williams, but he is at MU, you never know, but I think this year he might get a Top 20 kid, time will tell.  What is nice is that there are alot of kids in Wisky and Ill. that he has offered.

Pitino had to help his street cred with the National Champion tattoo.  Everyone he's recruiting is going to want a home visit just to see it.  Boy, will that get old quick for Pitino.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 11:14:38 PM »
Pitino got away with incredible personal sexual flaws and gets away with it, hard to believe that the mothers of their players even know what he did, and the U basically said it was
OK, he is a bad dude, and I met one of his playmates in Vegas, he does know how to pick him, she was outstanding.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 11:32:26 PM »
It seems that Buzz is trying to recruit even kids for 3 teams!!!  His recruiting effort is a lot different than Al's as he extends a lot of offers - like a shotgun approach - where Al would use the rifle approach.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 06:10:52 AM »
Never way too early for recruits to commit. Dameon Bailey did it in 8th grade for Bobby Knight. Now that might be a tad bit early.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 06:56:06 AM »
Pitino got away with incredible personal sexual flaws and gets away with it, hard to believe that the mothers of their players even know what he did, and the U basically said it was
OK, he is a bad dude, and I met one of his playmates in Vegas, he does know how to pick him, she was outstanding.

Rick likes trannies?  :o :o :o

(Not that there's anything wrong with that...)
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 09:20:16 AM »
It seems that Buzz is trying to recruit even kids for 3 teams!!!  His recruiting effort is a lot different than Al's as he extends a lot of offers - like a shotgun approach - where Al would use the rifle approach.
I believe this is the most important recruiting year in Buzz's tenure. It will show whether the change in Big East Conference make up will hurt MU.  The ability to recruit is extremely important to long-term success. I believe that, if Buzz can put together a top 20 class he will still be the coach at MU after next year. I also believe he will leave for greener pastures, if he does not have solid success with the 2014 class as it will signify that the new conference is bad for recruiting.

macman320

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 10:50:16 AM »
Or, it's tough to land four top prospects (generally required for a top 20 class) right after landing four top prospects. One or two solid juco bigs to fill holes would be great for our team and a deep run, but won't count on paper as a top tier recruiting class.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 10:58:14 AM »
Or, it's tough to land four top prospects (generally required for a top 20 class) right after landing four top prospects. One or two solid juco bigs to fill holes would be great for our team and a deep run, but won't count on paper as a top tier recruiting class.
Except if you are Duke, Ky., UNC, Louisville, etc.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 11:51:07 AM »
MU does not need 4 top 20 players, they need a solid big and a solid power forward, a shooting guard would be nice and a project big would be good as well.  Really the only player that
is key is the center.  That player will start, the other players probably will not.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 11:57:48 AM »
MU does not need 4 top 20 players, they need a solid big and a solid power forward, a shooting guard would be nice and a project big would be good as well.  Really the only player that
is key is the center.  That player will start, the other players probably will not.
MU needs two top 100 players, hopefully at the power positions, and two other decent recruits.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 12:05:58 PM »
MU needs two top 100 players, hopefully at the power positions, and two other decent recruits.

I think that is what I said, but the center I would hope would be in the Top 50, or they probably have a better chance of recruiting a JC player.

4th and State

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 12:08:07 PM »
Really want Goodluck Okonoboh.  Would be such a huge get.

ResidentBrown

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 12:09:59 PM »
I think that is what I said, but the center I would hope would be in the Top 50, or they probably have a better chance of recruiting a JC player.

I'm really really hoping that Okonoboh can be that guy.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 12:16:03 PM »
Goodluck!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2013, 12:28:36 PM »
Its way to early for recruits to commit,

Burton committed in September before his junior season.  If Noskowiak gets a legit offer from MU and wants to verbal, it is only a few months ahead of that timeframe.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013, 01:45:13 PM »

Burton committed in September before his junior season.  If Noskowiak gets a legit offer from MU and wants to verbal, it is only a few months ahead of that timeframe.

And Scott Christopherson committed to MU while a sophomore in high school.

A commitment from Noskowiak now might be slightly unusual - and largely meaningless until he signs - but it's hardly unhead of.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2013, 04:06:55 PM »
Disagree with all who think MU only needs a couple of decent recruits or just a big.  MU "needs" (maybe "should want" is a better way to put it) classes similar to 2013 every year.  Playing time will not be an issue--it takes care of itself as players move on, either leaving early or transferring.  Even better, get a top 20 and three other top 75s.  And then do it again.  And then get two top 20s and a couple of top 50s.  And then do it again...

ResidentBrown

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2013, 04:30:12 PM »
Disagree with all who think MU only needs a couple of decent recruits or just a big.  MU "needs" (maybe "should want" is a better way to put it) classes similar to 2013 every year.  Playing time will not be an issue--it takes care of itself as players move on, either leaving early or transferring.  Even better, get a top 20 and three other top 75s.  And then do it again.  And then get two top 20s and a couple of top 50s.  And then do it again...

If only Looney would quit horsing around and get with the program, and we could land a few out of Okonoboh, White, Longwood, Hill, Peak, O'Mara or Terrell, we might be able to skip right on to step two.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:33:04 PM by ResidentBrown »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2013, 06:12:40 PM »
Disagree with all who think MU only needs a couple of decent recruits or just a big.  MU "needs" (maybe "should want" is a better way to put it) classes similar to 2013 every year.  Playing time will not be an issue--it takes care of itself as players move on, either leaving early or transferring.  Even better, get a top 20 and three other top 75s.  And then do it again.  And then get two top 20s and a couple of top 50s.  And then do it again...

Lather, rinse, repeat. It's how elite programs are built.

MU72491

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2013, 06:25:57 PM »
What are the realistic chances of landing Goodluck, seems like other big time programs are targeting him as we'll. any thoughts?

feedback