'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JASON KING ON MARQ OFFSEASON  (Read 5553 times)

flash

• Team Captain
Re: JASON KING ON MARQ OFFSEASON
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 06:15:11 PM »
Seems like NBA teams are more willing to work with projects who happen to be 7 feet tall. 6'3" SGs not so much.

Very true, but Vander has something special (clutch gene, defense, athletic ability), and I don't think he has scratched the surface of his potential.  I think a GM will see that and take a chance on him.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 06:33:48 PM »
Seems like NBA teams are more willing to work with projects who happen to be 7 feet tall. 6'3" SGs not so much.

+1.  If Darko Milicic can make it 7+ years in the league, they'll take anyone that's seven foot and taller.  Unfortunately,  Vander doesn't fit that description.

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 06:40:53 PM »
Very true, but Vander has something special (clutch gene, defense, athletic ability), and I don't think he has scratched the surface of his potential.  I think a GM will see that and take a chance on him.

I agree, he already can defend which is huge with NBA coaches,less of a learning curve compared with offense and dosen't anyone think that just maybe an NBA team has told him that they would draft him.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 11:04:13 PM »
I agree, he already can defend which is huge with NBA coaches,less of a learning curve compared with offense and dosen't anyone think that just maybe an NBA team has told him that they would draft him.
I hope so, but you can't count on that. See hundreds of cautionary tales about players that have left too early. I'm sure people thought the same thing about those players and were wrong. And even if an NBA team says they'll draft you (through backchannels), there's no guarantee you'll make the roster. All you can do is offer a tamed opinion, and wish him the best. It is what it is. 

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2013, 12:18:21 AM »
You guys are being straight up ignorant.

You really don't think he actually has confidence in himself and thinks that he is good enough to make it in the NBA?  I think you are completely wrong in both the money and class accusations.  

Those are the only 2 options you consider?  GFY

I agree.  Didn't Vander spend the last summer before enrolling at MU as one of the two starting guards along with Kylie Irving on the US under 18 or whatever team.  Irving then misses most of his freshman year at Duke and still gets drafted number one.  If I'm Vander I'm saying to myself; "Three years ago I was right there skills wise with the guy who went #1 in the NBA draft a year later, how can I not be ready for the NBA?"
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

feedback