Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Milwaukee gets NCAA Tournament in 2014  (Read 5310 times)

MUfan12

• All American

jsglow

• All American
Re: Milwaukee gets NCAA Tournament in 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 10:55:03 AM »
Wonderful news for the city.  Of course it eliminates a 'driveable' site for fans to potentially see MU with Indy and STL. now our best options.  If Bucky is good that year they could get a distinct home court advantage.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 10:56:29 AM »
Wonderful news for the city.  Of course it eliminates a 'driveable' site for fans to potentially see MU with Indy and STL. now our best options.  If Bucky is good that year they could get a distinct home court advantage.

Yep. I hope MU is in the East Regional. Second weekend at the Garden. That will be some atmosphere.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 11:01:09 AM »
Good news...if Marquette isn't playing the same day, it'd be worth attending.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 11:08:49 AM »
Could someone fill me in I am not sure how this works. Could Marquette possibly play at the BC or just Madison?

Tommy Brice for Coach

• Team Captain
  • Tommy Brice is my hero
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 11:12:50 AM »
Could someone fill me in I am not sure how this works. Could Marquette possibly play at the BC or just Madison?

MU can't play at the BC unfortunately because it is their (our) home court.

awilhelmscream

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 11:13:15 AM »

Just Madison since we play all of our home games at the BC.  Nova and a hand full of other schools play less than a certain percentage of their home games at the potential NCAA host site so they can play there if they make the tourney.  I think it was on Scoop that people have floated the idea of playing all but the big games at the Al so we could do the same thing.  It would never happen but it's always fun to dream a little.

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 11:23:00 AM »
The state of NC hosts back to back years. There's a shocker

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 11:54:49 AM »
The state of NC hosts back to back years. There's a shocker

Back to back years? When was the last time North Carolina didn't have a site? Seems Asheville, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Raleigh, or Charlotte host the first round every year. Where else are Duke and UNC going to play?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 12:19:56 PM »
Back to back years? When was the last time North Carolina didn't have a site? Seems Asheville, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Raleigh, or Charlotte host the first round every year. Where else are Duke and UNC going to play?
Of course, NCAA is the acronym for the North Carolina Athletic Association.... :D

chapman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 02:07:55 PM »

They won't be hosting this year.  When Wisconsin gets 14 more D1 teams, 3-4 more legitimate arenas, and can guarantee certain attendance they may host every year as well.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 02:45:26 PM »
Awesome news! Maybe someone smarter than I can answer... Is there a reasonable chance of Milwaukee hosting the Final Four? Thinking Miller Park could be set up with enough seats?
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

🏀

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 02:48:19 PM »
Awesome news! Maybe someone smarter than I can answer... Is there a reasonable chance of Milwaukee hosting the Final Four? Thinking Miller Park could be set up with enough seats?

Not enough hotels for a Final Four.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 03:10:03 PM »

Never happen.  Think of the condensation on the floor beginning of April.  Plus the conflict that time of year with the Brewer's schedule. 
Ludum habemus.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 04:48:41 PM »
The Brewers could open on the road.  They could make it happen if they wanted to.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

unforgiven

• Starter
  • Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!
"Times are tough. And people are gonna be drinkin' themselves some booze."     Willie, A Raisin In The Sun

leever

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 09:34:14 AM »
Your MU Sweet Sixteen Ring Avatar exemplifies why you are considered by so many in the manner you are.

Best to not awaken the sleeping giant.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 11:03:47 AM »
Your MU Sweet Sixteen Ring Avatar exemplifies why you are considered by so many in the manner you are.

We went to the Sweet 16, we gave out rings and had a ceremony.  We should be proud of that accomplishment. 

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 11:15:45 AM »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

eroc830

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 11:54:02 AM »
The Brewers could open on the road.  They could make it happen if they wanted to.

A while back Mark Attanasio addressed the idea of basketball games at Miller Park.  If I remember correctly he said they have been asked about it but said it would not work at the time or would be difficult.  I think a reason was that its not fully winterproof, meaning if its really cold outside they can't heat the place up enough.  But, obviously playing a game at the end of March or April would ease that problem as opposed to a MU v WI game in December.  I remember it being similar to how TCF Stadium in Minnesota can host the Gophers football games into November but had issues with the Vikings playing there in December/January.   

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 11:56:40 AM »

When someone gets on LW for a sweat stained hat, Chicos provides a picture of Buzz in combat boots. When someone mocks a top 6, blue blood program with 5 national championships for having an opening game ring ceremony for a Sweet 16 appearance, he makes the MU (3 Sweet 16 in 30 years pre Buzz) rings that were passed out with little fanfare at a summer barbeque his avatar. This is done to point out what he considers irony, hypocrisy, or both. Never mind that he ignores context (Buzz at a game to honor the armed forces, the history of IU vs MU programs and the timing/venue of the ceremonies, etc) that undermine his passive/aggressive antics. Apples to apples is unimportant if it gets in the way of a good "sigh".

That said, I don't really care about Larry's hat or TC's celebration - much ado about very little.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 02:02:46 PM »
Does anyone know how the host school is determined? MU isn't providing the facilities, so what exactly is MU responsible for? Does it cost the University to have the publicity of hosting? Do we make money? Why is it us hosting and not UWM for example?
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

augoman

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 03:49:09 PM »
MU has hosted a few times before.  A few friends were 'hosts' to teams from other states- go to guy if any problems w/ lodging, sat on end of bench w/ team.  It's great fun, and very exciting.  The visiting bands and cheerleaders are fun and add a lot of color to the venue.  I remember the 'wave' from Pepperdine carried in on a surfboard years ago.  I also remember the crowd booing so loudly every time the Michigan band played their fight song (every 5 minutes or so) that they finally stopped.  I think Texas and USC cheerleaders were the best.  MU has always played on the opposite days in the past.  Hope they continue as I don't plan to miss.

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2012, 03:51:53 PM »
MU has always played on the opposite days in the past.  Hope they continue as I don't plan to miss.
Does anyone know if there is a written rule or unwritten understanding/attempt to do this? If there is I want tickets but I won't miss MU for it.