Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Glenn Bryant Dunk Fest  (Read 11384 times)

WhiteTron

• Walk-On
Glenn Bryant Dunk Fest
« on: February 08, 2009, 11:41:42 PM »

Markusquette

• All American
Re: Glenn Bryant Dunk Fest
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 12:11:37 AM »
I was just watching one on youtube and he can get up.  I'd love to have him on the team because we could be a great team with these taller athletic wing players.  Next season will be fun even when we lose 4 starters.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 07:39:10 AM »
and 1-3 other players by transferring.

Tigidal

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 08:05:20 AM »
Yes please.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 08:08:32 AM »
and 1-3 other players by transferring.

Methinks you may know something we don't...

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 08:11:06 AM »
Hazel and Otule?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 08:20:29 AM »

Wouldn't read that much into it. It's not really fair to the players either to speculate. We'll find out soon enough if it happens.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 08:30:02 AM »
If up to 3 guys leave, that sure wouldn't reflect well on the program in my opinion.

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 08:38:40 AM »
Two questions:

1.  Why are we getting all excited about a 3 star recruit that has the physique and can dunk like Trend Blackledge?

2.  Wasn't it pretty much agreed on this board that the coaching staff needed to concentrate on upgrading the guard corps?  The cupboard is going to be pretty bare in the backcourt next year. 

Sorry that I am not buying into the hype but I am not sold that it is worth it to overextend a schollie to this guy.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 08:51:09 AM »
If up to 3 guys leave, that sure wouldn't reflect well on the program in my opinion.

Normally, it wouldn't. However, it acceptable as these are Crean's guys still. If there are any issues between the players and Buzz, the best solution is to part ways.

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 09:14:30 AM »
1.  Why are we getting all excited about a 3 star recruit that has the physique and can dunk like Trend Blackledge?

I think there's 2 answers to that question.  First and foremost, because he has size and athleticism. 

Secondly...it's a recruit from the most prestigious high school in the country...Oak Hill Academy.  Securing a recruit like Bryant, will not only further Buzz's reach nationally, but will give us a great bridge and help build a relationship with a school that spits out 5-8 D-1 players a year.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 09:24:56 AM »
Normally, it wouldn't. However, it acceptable as these are Crean's guys still. If there are any issues between the players and Buzz, the best solution is to part ways.

I understand what you are saying, and it makes some sense. Just wondering if it's a red flag if several guys have issues with Buzz. Could be that some guys just aren't as high of caliber a player as Buzz wants, and more importantly, can get. Time will tell.

nola03

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 09:34:06 AM »

I disagree.

One of the main reasons for hiring Buzz was continuity. Dumping players simply because they are "Crean" guys is not continuity. It also means we have absolutely no bridge from the high level of success of our first Big East class. Lazar alone cannot carry on the momentum of the Big Three.

If we see a housecleaning it will fuel the fire for some that the administration gambled the future to win this season knowing they had special talent in DJ, JM, and WM. Starting anew is not an issue. Starting anew without connections to your recent success can be a problem.

I only expect one transfer. If its more then that, questions.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 09:45:21 AM »
I disagree.

One of the main reasons for hiring Buzz was continuity. Dumping players simply because they are "Crean" guys is not continuity. It also means we have absolutely no bridge from the high level of success of our first Big East class. Lazar alone cannot carry on the momentum of the Big Three.

If we see a housecleaning it will fuel the fire for some that the administration gambled the future to win this season knowing they had special talent in DJ, JM, and WM. Starting anew is not an issue. Starting anew without connections to your recent success can be a problem.

I only expect one transfer. If its more then that, questions.

I'm fine with it if Buzz continues to bring in higher caliber players.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 11:08:08 AM »

Honestly, what Crean "guys" are left after this season ... The three seniors (Hayward, Acker, Cubes) and Pat Hazel ... that's it. (I would consider Butler, Fulce & Otule to be Buzz guys). Let's face it, other than Hayward, none of the other three are starting caliber Big East players.

I understand your point about the bridge between the 3 amigos ... But Acker, Cubes and Hazel are not the type of players that are going to bridge that talent gap. I"m not a fan of over-recruiting, but it is good to see Buzz continue to work the 2009 class, as IMO MU definitely needs more talent going into next year.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 07:13:06 PM »

I do not know anything. We know Buzz is actively recruiting without a position available. I also believe players want to play. The only returnees that can be happy with their playing time are Hayward, Butler, Aker and McMorrow who cannot play this year. That leaves Culliban, Hazel, Otule and Fulce as players who could leave just because they work too hard to not be playing. Right now I do not see Culliban, Hazel or Fulce playing much next year either.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 08:23:53 PM »

i agree  But it is even more than that you state if there are any issues between Buzz and the players,  99.9% of the time the only issue is playing time, playing time makes all issues acceptable.  And a lack of playing time makes alot of things issues.  Our former coach signed alot of non - BE players...if one or more of those guys are not getting playing time and choose to leave or are asked not to come back it is hard to blame BUzz,  hard to argue this team has much BE talent apart from th Big 3 and a few others. 

detroitwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 08:32:21 PM »
I do not know anything. We know Buzz is actively recruiting without a position available. I also believe players want to play. The only returnees that can be happy with their playing time are Hayward, Butler, Aker and McMorrow who cannot play this year. That leaves Culliban, Hazel, Otule and Fulce as players who could leave just because they work too hard to not be playing. Right now I do not see Culliban, Hazel or Fulce playing much next year either.

I think Fulce will definitely be a solid contributor and play next year assuming his injury doesn't bother him. I can't see him transferring after following Buzz for the past few years. His flashes on the offensive end in the few minute against Providence showed me that he can play and why he impressed Rosiak before his injury. His defense obviously isn't there because of the missed practices etc.
Once a warrior always a warrior.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 08:49:45 PM »
i agree  But it is even more than that you state if there are any issues between Buzz and the players,  99.9% of the time the only issue is playing time, playing time makes all issues acceptable.  And a lack of playing time makes alot of things issues.  Our former coach signed alot of non - BE players...if one or more of those guys are not getting playing time and choose to leave or are asked not to come back it is hard to blame BUzz,  hard to argue this team has much BE talent apart from th Big 3 and a few others. 

I am a big MU supporter and I love those players but next year, Hayward will be our only quality Crean player.  I think we need Acker for PG backup/starter.  I wouldn't be concerned if any of the other players left.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

romey

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 08:57:45 PM »
I think there's 2 answers to that question.  First and foremost, because he has size and athleticism. 

Secondly...it's a recruit from the most prestigious high school in the country...Oak Hill Academy.  Securing a recruit like Bryant, will not only further Buzz's reach nationally, but will give us a great bridge and help build a relationship with a school that spits out 5-8 D-1 players a year.

Just to clarify, we're not talking about academics here are we?   ;)

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 07:34:10 AM »
There are a lot of open two-handed dunks, but nothing there makes me go ga-ga or anything. Kid looks athletic, but we can't see him play D, make a shot that's a non-dunk, or make a pass. And he needs to put on weight (like most high schoolers). that vid is nice, but I don't see the awesome-ness that some claim to see.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 08:49:37 AM »
I don't see the awesome-ness that some claim to see.

From those clips I agree.  However, he can at least catch the ball when it's passed to him.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 08:50:22 AM »
Niv,

It really funny you say that cuase you must have had the greatest high-light video of all time,  Was it put together by fellow tribe member Steven Speilberg?  Cause Niv Berkowitz is the worst player to ever don an MU uniform.  Did you actually ever get the ball over mid court with out turning it over, becuase I dont remember it.  For those that never saw Niv play think JV high school player or a poor man's Frozena, and I am dead serious.  The worst recruitng mistake I have ever seen.  

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 09:01:40 AM »
Tribe?  What tribe?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2009, 09:17:17 AM »
Niv,

It really funny you say that cuase you must have had the greatest high-light video of all time,  Was it put together by fellow tribe member Steven Speilberg?  Cause Niv Berkowitz is the worst player to ever don an MU uniform.  Did you actually ever get the ball over mid court with out turning it over, becuase I dont remember it.  For those that never saw Niv play think JV high school player or a poor man's Frozena, and I am dead serious.  The worst recruitng mistake I have ever seen.  

Casual racism/discrimination is awesome!