'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Regardless of what DJ decides...  (Read 1906 times)

CTWarrior

• All American
Regardless of what DJ decides...
« on: June 07, 2007, 11:32:52 AM »
Crean has been fantastic during this whole thing.  I'm still not convinced about TC as a total package (I'm on the good outweighs the bad side of the fence), but he is showing fierce loyalty to DJ here.  I figured there must be some sort of rift between them or academic issues or something for DJ to want to leave so badly despite the draft situation he finds himself in, but you'd never know it the way TC presents things.

All other things being equal, if I was a top notch high school player I'd want to play for a guy I knew would have my back like this.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

ozmetal71

• Team Captain
Re: Regardless of what DJ decides...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 12:47:12 PM »
I don't think there is any rift or academic problems.  I think that DJ is dead-set on staying in the draft no matter how low his prospects are.

I'm not surprised given how DJ kept jacking and missing 3 after 3 during the second half of the season that he is staying in the draft.  There is just no reaching some guys.

Crean has been good during this process and is sticking up for his player, which should bode well for recruiting.

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 01:13:18 PM »
Thick is thick...not sure how some people read today's article and read DJ as in the draft regardless.  DJ has changed his tune ... but not really.  he and Crean have always said if he gets a guarnateed contract he will/should stay in the draft.  All DJ is now saying is he will stay if he gets a guarnatee that it does not have to be a first round pick.  crean adds that is rare but if he gets one then that is almost a s good. 

Unfortunatley people take something like that and say they is no reaching people just like his jacking threes.

i guess Dj is  not the only one who cant be reached...

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 02:50:55 PM »
It is extremely rare for a mid-to-low second-round pick to get guaranteed money, so DJ is dreaming. Whatever he thinks is best for him...

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 03:49:35 PM »
It is extremely rare for a mid-to-low second-round pick to get guaranteed money, so DJ is dreaming. Whatever he thinks is best for him...

I don't think he wants guaranteed money. I think he wants a guarantee that a certain franchise will select him in the draft and then work his way during the summer towards a guaranteed contract.