collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ronaldo, nice dive!!  (Read 1421 times)

ATWizJr

• All American
Ronaldo, nice dive!!
« on: June 15, 2010, 09:11:46 AM »
  Ref blew it, carding the defender instead of Ronaldo for the dive.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Re: Ronaldo, nice dive!!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 09:31:08 AM »
Don't worry he will get another chance to hand out a yellow for diving.  Oh wait he already did...   ;D

Just imagine if Drogba was on the pitch.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 10:00:11 AM »
The past couple years, I really grew to admire Ronaldo's dead ball ability, he brilliant weaving through traffic, his stepovers that actually work to effect and not just to impress. And then he gets back with the national team and is flopping like a Raggedy Ann doll. I realize he also dives for club, and god I wish we had a diver with half his prowess, but when it's a situation like that dive where he could have ran on, and it only gave him a lame effort from 40 yards out, he just irritates me.

On the plus side, Portugal look awful. They fully deserve to lose this match, and I will be very happy to see them fail to get out of their group.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 11:08:50 AM »
The past couple years, I really grew to admire Ronaldo's dead ball ability, he brilliant weaving through traffic, his stepovers that actually work to effect and not just to impress. And then he gets back with the national team and is flopping like a Raggedy Ann doll. I realize he also dives for club, and god I wish we had a diver with half his prowess, but when it's a situation like that dive where he could have ran on, and it only gave him a lame effort from 40 yards out, he just irritates me.

This is my conundrum with Ronaldo.  When he is at the top of his game, I love watching him, even more than Messi.  Strictly based on skills, he is one of my favorite players in the world.  However, he is an unrepentant whiner and diver, and that really sours him for me.

Happy to see Drogba in.  Hoping we can see him perform at a high level this Cup.  How about that save by Barry?

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 11:27:50 AM »
People have been  carded for less flopping than Ronaldo does. It detracts from the (his ) game. The two things I hate about soccer: flops and feigned injury just about every time someone goes down but I can'r get enough of World Cup.