collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: alleged sexual assault investigation of 4 on 1 by public saftey  (Read 103369 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: alleged sexual assault investigation of 4 on 1 by public saftey
« Reply #175 on: March 29, 2011, 02:43:38 PM »
any time public safety investigages there's going to be an incident report.  I probably have 15 on file somewhere.  doesn't mean that I committed any crimes.
I assumed DPS would file a report. I was more interested in whether or not anyone has access to incident reports. Chicos seems to be implying that he has viewed the incident report concerning this whole situation, and I just wondered how that was possible.

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #176 on: March 29, 2011, 02:46:20 PM »
I assumed DPS would file a report. I was more interested in whether or not anyone has access to incident reports. Chicos seems to be implying that he has viewed the incident report concerning this whole situation, and I just wondered how that was possible.

Incident Reports are not public.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #177 on: March 29, 2011, 02:48:39 PM »
Incident Reports are not public.

Thank God.  That time the roomies and I launched a beer balloons at groups freshman from my 4th floor Campus Town apt would have followed me around till my dying day.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #178 on: March 29, 2011, 02:52:43 PM »
MarqPTM, Jimbo, and myself were written up for drinking in the dorms.  Jimbo, being the pre-law student that he was, went to the Union (Student Affairs maybe?) and was able to get a copy of the DPS incident report to see what we were going up against at the Student Conduct board.

Maybe you are only allowed to view your own incidents.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #179 on: March 29, 2011, 02:54:10 PM »
Thank God.  That time the roomies and I launched a beer balloons at groups freshman from my 4th floor Campus Town apt would have followed me around till my dying day.

That's just awesome.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #180 on: March 29, 2011, 03:04:46 PM »
That's just awesome.

I would also like to take this time to formally apologize to any and all underclassmen that spilled out of Angelo's at around 2:20AM every Saturday night that may have been hit with the following projectiles from Campus Town East 418 in 2001-2002.

-Beer Balloons
-Pies
-Spoons
-Mini Basketballs
-Ice Cubes

Respectfully yours,
Reinko

uncle zeffy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #181 on: March 29, 2011, 03:10:36 PM »
Once at Carpenter Hall we had a penny war between the floors.  The third floor (an all girls floor who we disliked) won it and I told them it was easy to win a penny war when your floor is filled with 2 cent whores!  

I found out that counts as a hate crime.  Oops!   :-\

I bet Leticia loved that one

🏀

• All American
« Reply #182 on: March 29, 2011, 03:13:54 PM »
MarqPTM, Jimbo, and myself were written up for drinking in the dorms.  Jimbo, being the pre-law student that he was, went to the Union (Student Affairs maybe?) and was able to get a copy of the DPS incident report to see what we were going up against at the Student Conduct board.

Maybe you are only allowed to view your own incidents.

I was written up three times. One more and I was done in the dorms.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #183 on: March 29, 2011, 03:14:43 PM »
I bet Leticia loved that one

Actually, she was the one who informed me it was a hate crime haha.

uncle zeffy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #184 on: March 29, 2011, 03:16:21 PM »
Actually, she was the one who informed me it was a hate crime haha.

She also informed me that I was no longer welcome to live in Tower, we got along great

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #185 on: March 29, 2011, 03:20:12 PM »
I believe she trashed MarqPTM's neon sign.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2011, 03:21:52 PM »
I believe she trashed MarqPTM's neon sign.

I imagine because it was offensive to women, like this one.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #187 on: March 29, 2011, 03:23:20 PM »
I think it was a standard Miller or Coors neon sign.  I forget it's been so long.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2011, 03:24:09 PM »

A perfectly good waste of beer!

Well, unless it was warm and old.

Like the Old Milwaukee keg that we had in our house for 2 months before dumping it.

That would have been an amazing waste of crappy beer!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #189 on: March 29, 2011, 03:24:57 PM »
I think it was a standard Miller or Coors neon sign.  I forget it's been so long.

Perhaps a Michael Scott inspired neon sign.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2011, 03:26:48 PM »

It was a Coors Light. I hated her. So much.

So glad her dorm budget had to pay my medical expenses when busting my head open.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2011, 03:27:09 PM »
A perfectly good waste of beer!

Well, unless it was warm and old.

Like the Old Milwaukee keg that we had in our house for 2 months before dumping it.

That would have been an amazing waste of crappy beer!

The old keg beer we had sitting around in our kitchen was reserved for freshman at parties where we needed extra cash (good God were we pretty boys to freshman), or the penalty for getting 4th in Mario Kart, 4 straight times, or getting skunked in Euchre.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2011, 03:29:31 PM »
I would also like to take this time to formally apologize to any and all underclassmen that spilled out of Angelo's at around 2:20AM every Saturday night that may have been hit with the following projectiles from Campus Town East 418 in 2001-2002.

-Beer Balloons
-Pies
-Spoons
-Mini Basketballs
-Ice Cubes

Respectfully yours,
Reinko

I actually think I was standing out front of Murphys the time you all threw pies. I remember kinds on that corner running and screaming and frosting. Cant be certain though as I was hammered at that time on a Saturday night... like good Marquette students should be- someone's daughter or not.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2011, 03:45:46 PM »

I have NOT seen the incident report. Hope I'm making that crystal clear.  I don't even know if they call it an incident report but whatever they call the "form", let's just say some folks have seen it and at least two of the names mentioned in said form.

GO_MU02

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2011, 03:59:49 PM »
not sure if anyone posted this yet, but there was a mention of it in the DPS reports way back in November...

http://marquettetribune.org/2010/11/04/news/dps-reports/dps-reports-110310-mg1-ify2-dac3/

Shack

• Starter
« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2011, 04:04:20 PM »
not sure if anyone posted this yet, but there was a mention of it in the DPS reports way back in November...

http://marquettetribune.org/2010/11/04/news/dps-reports/dps-reports-110310-mg1-ify2-dac3/

KO back in town on October 2nd?

Oct. 2

At 6:24 p.m.  a male suspect, 51, not affiliated with Marquette, was walking while intoxicated in the center of the road in the 900 block of North 15th Street.  When DPS stopped him, he reached inside the squad car and physically assaulted a DPS officer.  MPD took him into custody for felony battery.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2011, 04:26:48 PM »
Since the University has the potential to be sued, they better hire an attorney to represent the players no matter what happen. It would be nice to know what actually happen. Sexual harrassemt can range form inappropriate touching to verbal harrassment. What is inappropriate touching to one young lady may be okay with another lady. I am not defending anybody here, but it just may be the player grabed the wrong girls XXX. I would not expect any girl being happy with me being overly friendly with them. However, if you spent much time at the pro am there were a lot of girls chasing the players around. Inappropriatley touching/grabing a girl is not right, but if the first 50 girls were okay with it, the player was probably surprised by the objection of this women.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2011, 04:28:16 PM »
This, of course, makes no sense.
The university, much less the coaching staff, doesn't control the timeline here as far as the girl reporting/not reporting to police. Unlike ND, Marquette doesn't have a certified police force. This girl could have, and perhaps should have, taken this to police from the start.  The fact that she didn't at the very least raises legitimate questions about the allegations.
I understand there's no universal way for a person to deal with something like this, but if another student commits a serious act of violence against me, I'm not taking it to Public Safety and hoping they do something about it when they, in fact, have no power to do something about it. I'm calling the cops.

No, it doesn't raise legitimate questions.  If she is in a dorm and walks back the first person she seas is going to be the front desk who will ask her if she is ok.  If that person calls anyone it will be public safety.  
If she gets back to her room then it will be the roommate, who will almost certainly go to the nearest RA.  If that RA calls anyone it will be Public Safety.  If she goes home and decides to call someone on her own it probably would be the police, but she probably doesn't make that call on her own.  That's why most rapes go unreported.  Didn't take Crim 001 at MU?

WISportsmaniac

• Walk-On
« Reply #198 on: March 29, 2011, 04:33:25 PM »
The university defines sexual assault as: "Engaging in sexual assault, defined as any form of sexual contact with another person without the consent of that person."  (http://www.marquette.edu/osd/policies/conduct/standards_of_conduct.shtml)  So this is the standard that the hearing committee used.  This is a broad definition- almost identical to WI's definition of 4th Degree Sexual Assault in ยง940.225, which is a Class A misdemeanor. (http://nxt.legis.state.wi.us/nxt/gateway.dll?f=templates&fn=default.htm&d=stats&jd=940.225)  

If the student athletes are now charged and convicted under the legal standards of fourth degree sexual assault (or worse), we are looking at some very dire circumstances for MU, and that's an understatement.  

The links below are MU's hearing procedures if anyone is curious about how those work:
http://www.marquette.edu/osd/policies/conduct/conduct_procedures.shtml
http://www.marquette.edu/osd/policies/conduct/hearing_procedures.shtml

Here's to hoping MU did things right on their end.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:39:04 PM by WISportsmaniac »

g0warriors1

• Walk-On
« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2011, 04:55:25 PM »
Not sure if anyone else did this or not and I really dont feel like reading 8 pages of this to double check, but I checked the MU teams schedules from that fall to see what other teams would be in town that weekend:

Cross Country: was in New York for BigEast Championships
Men's Golf: they were in California

that leaves the remaining two as possibles and at least were in town that weekend:

Soccer: Had Senior night game @ Valley Fields and won vs. SetonHall in OT
Tennis: They were also in town that weekend, no events near Halloween...