collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Interesting restaurants/bars?  (Read 4278 times)

Mods, Delete me please. 8/26/2020

• Team Captain
Interesting restaurants/bars?
« on: November 09, 2017, 07:08:49 PM »
Heading up for game tomorrow, any recommendations on food spots?   Done Soblemans, Bombers, Maders, Brat Haus, wanted to see if anyone had something new/different?  Downtown-ish location,  no white tablecloths, not picky on cuisine, just something unique to Milwaukee that might just blow me in the mind.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Interesting restaurants/bars?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 07:21:18 PM »
Due da Doc’s thang, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 07:31:42 PM »
I’m kinda partial to this place called Real Chili.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 07:36:02 PM »
Ludum habemus.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 07:46:34 PM »
Hey, I’m down wit it. Taken out a coupla times while watchin’ football. Wings and brisket are solid. Just tell ‘em ta forget my white bread, doe, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 07:50:17 PM »
Went to docs commerce smokehouse last week. Place was great eating.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 09:37:29 PM »
If not there, Oscar's Pub on 17th and Pierce is great.  Point's East has the best wings in the city.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 09:51:51 PM »
Rock Bottom?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 04:31:28 AM »
Hey, I’m down wit it. Taken out a coupla times while watchin’ football. Wings and brisket are solid. Just tell ‘em ta forget my white bread, doe, hey?

that's the way i would go-3 lbs of animal carcass ain't gonna feed 4-6 'round these parts.  i suppose they figure  all that other filler stuff ought to do the job, but i ain't a 'taters guy-too much starch goes right to the hips, and gives me gas 'ey?  i'd stick with what they do-MEAT, it's what's for dinner
don't...don't don't don't don't

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 07:02:08 AM »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2017, 07:50:30 AM »
Can't go wrong with Art's buffet. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 07:54:38 AM »

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2017, 08:44:49 AM »
^interesting, I didn't know they were now serving food

Loaded Slate on 3rd

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2017, 09:09:12 AM »
If not there, Oscar's Pub on 17th and Pierce is great.  Point's East has the best wings in the city.

Umm Points East has the best wings in the country...
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2017, 09:09:58 AM »
Bayview has become pretty legit vanguards makes some interesting sausages
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 09:19:17 AM »
Bayview has become pretty legit vanguards makes some interesting sausages

Very true!

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 09:21:36 AM »

These are the good recommendations.

Related - has Milwaukee gotten a decent pizza place yet? From my time there, MKE really lacked a solid, independent, understated joint for a couple of good pies when you've got a group of people. Zaffiros usually has my vote, but the thin crust doesn't lend itself to volume...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 09:37:16 AM »

Related - has Milwaukee gotten a decent pizza place yet? From my time there, MKE really lacked a solid, independent, understated joint for a couple of good pies when you've got a group of people. Zaffiros usually has my vote, but the thin crust doesn't lend itself to volume...

Not really, no. My personal favorite is Lalli’s on 88th and North Ave. but it’s take out and cash only. I also like Barbiere’s on roughly 56th and Bluemound. Otherwise not a ton to get excited about.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2017, 10:48:51 AM »
Anybody been to that mini golf bar below beans and barley? I saw some friend doing it on Snapchat and it looked like fun
Maigh Eo for Sam

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2017, 11:19:39 AM »

Organ Piper?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2017, 01:02:08 PM »
Heading up for game tomorrow, any recommendations on food spots?   Done Soblemans, Bombers, Maders, Brat Haus, wanted to see if anyone had something new/different?  Downtown-ish location,  no white tablecloths, not picky on cuisine, just something unique to Milwaukee that might just blow me in the mind.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

- Smoke Shack on Milwaukee St in the 3rd Ward is worth it

- Mazorca is a Taco truck on a gravel parking lot in the 5th Ward (1st & Pittsburgh, just over the river from 3rd Ward) that has amazing tacos and just put up heat lamps.  Pick up a 6er of Pacifico and eat the tacos in your car.
- Fixture Pizza on South 2nd serves "Milwaukee Pizza" (think  Zaffiro's style) and it's nice spot with good TVs above the bar and list beer
- FreshFin Poke on North & Oakland (RIP Pizza Man & El Chico Zuma) has fantastic poke

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2017, 01:04:30 PM »
I'm down with OPP.  (Organ Piper Pizza.)

Or Pizza Man.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2017, 01:26:59 PM »
- Smoke Shack on Milwaukee St in the 3rd Ward is worth it

Way before my son-in-law got involved with Doc's Commerce Smokehouse I thought the Smoke Shack was sub par.  I wanted to like it, since it is an easy walk from my office, but it's just not very good, imo.  Doc's is waaay better.  The other very good bbq place in town is Double B's around 74th & Greenfield in West Allis. 
Ludum habemus.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2017, 02:16:22 PM »
Way before my son-in-law got involved with Doc's Commerce Smokehouse I thought the Smoke Shack was sub par.  I wanted to like it, since it is an easy walk from my office, but it's just not very good, imo.  Doc's is waaay better.  The other very good bbq place in town is Double B's around 74th & Greenfield in West Allis.

I'm no BBQ expert, I just like going to Smoke Shack.  I know it's not the most authentic (and I know it's Marcus $$$) but the food has been solid and i love their sauces which I understand is sort of heresay in the BBQ "community". 

Have heard GREAT things about Doc's, hoping to get there before a game this season.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Goose

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2017, 04:20:44 PM »
Sir

I agree on Smoke Shack and will give Doc's a try. Did not know the family connection. Do I get a Scoop special?