[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] Details released on Blue assault case  (Read 24430 times)

HouWarrior

• All American
Re: [Rosiak's Blog] Details released on Blue assault case
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2011, 02:38:32 PM »
"I'm not just going to sit down and talk about the next recruiting class with this black cloud hanging over the program"

If you're so certain of your stance, publicly state your name and address alongside your implication that Vander Blue is suspected of a sex crime, then forward that to his attorney(s) and Marquette's corporate counsel.
I'm sure they would interested in knowing who's making such claims.

Agree.
I went to seminar last week to bone up on internet discovery, and learned he is already liable, on possible libel (the admission of making assumptions with 0 facts is priceless-lol), and they'll be no defense of anonymity. If posters cant warn off this conduct, I'd enjoy seeing a suit drive home the lesson.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

immaeagle

• Walk-On
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2011, 02:38:37 PM »
Because you have (admittedly) ZERO facts, you don't "have to" form an opinion. As a matter of fact, having ZERO facts should cause you to refrain from having an opinion. Again, you don't like it when people jump to conclusions about you but feel it's okay (you even say you HAD to) to do so about others. Sorry but that makes no sense whatsoever.

Personally, when an issue this big comes out about my favorite basketball team, I feel I have to have an opinion. I have an opinion on every issue related to Marquette basketball, the Green Bay Packers, and the Milwaukee Brewers. In other words, I am a sports fan.

LON

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2011, 02:38:59 PM »
This is a message board full of people hypothesizing how many games we will win next year, where we will be ranked, whether or not Jimmy will get drafted, and where our next recruit will come from. Those are all MU-related issues that are talked about before they happen. How is this different?

Thanks for removing all doubt about your intelligence.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2011, 02:41:42 PM »
This could easily have been lost in the posts, but never did I intend to accuss Vander of being guilty of sexual assault. If he is found guilty by the courts, so be it. The only jumps I am comfortable making is that the events described above make it more likely (in my mind) that he would be accused of sexual assault. I respect that you are not willing to make those jumps, and don't expect everyone too. I'm not sold on much, just that it raises more red flags for me.

This is inane beyond words.
Even if we're to believe you once saw Vander Blue hit on a girl (or girls) on the street, that in no way makes him more likely to be accused of sexual assault.  Is there some proven correlation of which you are aware linking forward behavior with criminality?

immaeagle

• Walk-On
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2011, 02:42:06 PM »
Probably because the tone of your posts (as well as the date you registered and your low number of posts all having to do with allegations and your "interpretations" of said allegations) will not elicit a whole lot of respect from the people that frequent this board.  

And that, is why I called you a douche.

You can conclude whatever you want based on my post number and tone. I'm comfortable formulating an opinion on you judging by "I am probably smarter than you" and "I am a better fan than you". Has there been a more obvious case of douche-baggary?

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2011, 02:45:56 PM »
1) Please stay far away from guessing anything about me.

I am still wondering when someone is going to guess more about who immaeagle is as a person and what immaeagle is going to do, given his earlier and somewhat intimidating line quoted above.

I have five dollars that he throws a virtual glass of water on whoever engages in this type of activity.

LON

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2011, 02:46:50 PM »
You can conclude whatever you want based on my post number and tone. I'm comfortable formulating an opinion on you judging by "I am probably smarter than you" and "I am a better fan than you". Has there been a more obvious case of douche-baggary?

I'm sorry, did my hyperbole get your panties twisted?

I never claimed I wasn't being a douche to you, because, in your case, you reap what you sew.  

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2011, 02:47:11 PM »
This is a message board full of people hypothesizing how many games we will win next year, where we will be ranked, whether or not Jimmy will get drafted, and where our next recruit will come from. Those are all MU-related issues that are talked about before they happen. How is this different?
You have speculated/assumed over a past event---do you see the future as different than the past?
This may have been one of those points you missed in Phil class.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2011, 02:48:26 PM »
Has there been a more obvious case of douche-baggary?

Have you read your own posts today?

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2011, 02:48:48 PM »
I love it. Another story comes out about MU players, a new fresh poster with 0 history of posts starts commenting and making up stories... and people here lap it up like it could actually be a Marquette fan and not a Badger troll. Where have I seen this story before?

Rubie Q

• Starter
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2011, 02:49:46 PM »
Personally, when an issue this big comes out about my favorite basketball team, I feel I have to have an opinion.

You can have an opinion all you want.  I think people are simply suggesting that, as your opinion is based on no facts whatsoever, you might do well to keep it to yourself.

immaeagle

• Walk-On
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2011, 02:52:32 PM »
I love it. Another story comes out about MU players, a new fresh poster with 0 history of posts starts commenting and making up stories... and people here lap it up like it could actually be a Marquette fan and not a Badger troll. Where have I seen this story before?

This made me throw up in my mouth.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2011, 02:54:53 PM »
Personally, when an issue this big comes out about my favorite basketball team

Liar.  See I can form opinions without facts as easy as you can.

NCAARules

• Starter
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2011, 02:56:33 PM »
This made me throw up in my mouth.

A lot of that going around in this thread.

immaeagle

• Walk-On
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2011, 02:56:59 PM »
I'm sorry, did my hyperbole get your panties twisted?

I never claimed I wasn't being a douche to you, because, in your case, you reap what you sew.  

I respect that fact you can admit you were being a conditional douche. I may have gotten defensive when my controversial viewpoint was met with vitrol. ~cyberhug, a$$es out~

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2011, 03:15:01 PM »
About five or six weeks ago I was walking outside of my apartment that is just a bit off of campus. I hear "excuse me" come from a SUV that pulled up alongside the curb. The car is a bit away from me, but I instinctively stop and look, assuming someone is looking for directions. The "excuse me" came from Vander Blue, who was in the back seat of the SUV. The "excuse me" wasn't for me, it was for two girls that passed by me going the opposite direction. When neither of them stopped to respond, the car sped away.

According to the victim's account (and reading between the lines), it sounds like Vander's assault charge stemmed from Vander hitting on some girls the victim was with and him not taking it lightly.

There are two outstanding sexual assault charges, both of which have been rumored to involve basketball players.

Maybe it's me.  Maybe I'm a little f-ed up.  But it seems to me you're speculating a wee bit much without more facts wouldn't you say?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2011, 03:18:50 PM »
Free Vander Blue.

immaeagle

• Walk-On
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2011, 03:20:13 PM »
Maybe it's me.  Maybe I'm a little f-ed up.  But it seems to me you're speculating a wee bit much without more facts wouldn't you say?

I'd prefer if this entire thread just got deleted. I admit that I was 100% speculating based on very little facts (on a situation that has no facts), but was just hoping that some people would see the soft connections and say "I see your point" or "I don't think you make those jumps just yet". Instead I got "AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGHHH MARQUETTE RULES< YOU'RE AN IDIOT! RAWR!!!!!"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2011, 03:26:15 PM »
Hey, now, I don't think anyone said anything about Marquette Ruling.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2011, 03:26:40 PM »
I'd prefer if this entire thread just got deleted. I admit that I was 100% speculating based on very little facts (on a situation that has no facts), but was just hoping that some people would see the soft connections and say "I see your point" or "I don't think you make those jumps just yet". Instead I got "AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGHHH MARQUETTE RULES< YOU'RE AN IDIOT! RAWR!!!!!"

Speculating 100% on very little facts and hoping for a response is not a good thing, especially for an 18 year kid facing possible charges.  The Assistant District Attorney will review the case and present if necessary.  They will not speculate about the facts.  

If you wish to discuss and make positive contributions to a basketball message board, then speculate on recruiting, lineups, schedule, etc.  Those items are always a subject of contention, without hindering the prosecutorial status of a young man.

immaeagle

• Walk-On
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2011, 03:29:51 PM »
If you wish to discuss and make positive contributions to a basketball message board, then speculate on recruiting, lineups, schedule, etc.  Those items are always a subject of contention, without hindering the prosecutorial status of a young man.

I feel like talking about recruiting, lineups, schedules, etc. while this stuff is out there is ignoring the real issue. I would assume/hop there is not debate that this is the single biggest story regarding Marquette basketball right now. How can you say that I can't talk about the most important topic?

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2011, 03:35:39 PM »
Really?  Police issue citations by simply receiving a complaint?  So they did no investigation?  Didn't call anyone?  

Look, they obviously talked to both Blue and the victim at least...and maybe some witnesses as well.  Given what everyone told them, they obviously felt Blue was to blame since they didn't issue the other guy a ticket.

Maybe the cops were Bucky fans.

leever

• All American
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2011, 03:43:58 PM »
I feel like talking about recruiting, lineups, schedules, etc. while this stuff is out there is ignoring the real issue. I would assume/hop there is not debate that this is the single biggest story regarding Marquette basketball right now. How can you say that I can't talk about the most important topic?

Vander Blue got a ticket?  That's the "most important topic"?  That's a fact, but not a very significant fact.

The rest is all conjecture.  Wait for the facts.

Vander Blue punched someone and he may or may not have yelled "excuse me" from the back of a vehicle.  He is a college student.  He may actually "like" women.  In your book, somehow that means he is a sexual predator.

Come back when we have the facts.  You can be first to yell "I told you so!" if there are facts to back up your conjecture.  If not, you can respectfully say you're sorry to Vander at the restaurant.

314warrior

• Starter
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2011, 03:51:59 PM »
I think you all are being a little harsh on immaeagle.  Basketball players being in the news in a negative light, innocent or not, is bad PR for the school and the program.  They should know that they are hyper-scrutinized, act accordingly, and watch out for each other.  If basketball players don't get into fights then we don't have to decide if they are guilty of assault and battery or not.  They are all adults.  It is fair to expect all student athletes to behave as representatives of the university at all times.  I am sure they are told that frequently by the staff, and hopefully Blue (and others) see these accusations as very serious reminder.  Is it fair to hold them to a higher standard than the general student body?  Maybe not.  Is it fair that universities make all kinds of money off student athletes?  Maybe not.  Is it what they signed up for.  Absolutely.  

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2011, 03:53:06 PM »
You obviously have not read all of his posts/accusations.

feedback