Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU at UCLA no fans?  (Read 5844 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: MU at UCLA no fans?
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2020, 09:03:13 AM »
I know where I will be 7 days from now.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2020, 09:06:03 AM »
Was planning on something similar. Have uncle, aunt, two cousins and their families that live in CA. My parents and I, my sister's family and our CA family (uncle and dad brothers) haven't all been in the same place at the same time since last CA cousins wedding in '04. Were considering making the MU - UCLA game and Thanksgiving the reunion. But as someone said, who knows where'll be at 7 days from now, let alone 7 months from now.

Sounds like you have literally the same family as me.  My dad's brother and his kids live in SoCal and are big UCLA fans.  We live in Wisco and are MU fans.  We've been waiting for years for UCLA and MU to play each other...oh well...

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2020, 09:42:15 AM »
I would be very surprised if there are sporting evens with fans in the stands at any point in 2020.  If I were a betting man, my guess is we don't have any for the entire 2020-21 year.

I agree with this. 

Eye

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2020, 11:45:26 AM »
We're close 238. Uncle/aunt and one of cousins live near Fresno. Other cousin lives near Bakersfield, so plan was to do all the family stuff at her house. They're more St. Mary's fans than anything else because aunt was longtime women's administrator/tennis coach there. Uncle kind of a mish-mash. Little bit of St. Mary's, but also some Cal (worked there), Purdue (grad school) and Valpo (undergrad). Was a pretty good HS player at Milwaukee Lutheran in the early to mid 60s. My dad starting taking me to MU Classic games in '78 when came back to Mke for Christmas (one parent from Mke, one from Menomonee Falls).
GO WARRIORS!

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2020, 07:25:07 PM »
I would be very surprised if there are sporting evens with fans in the stands at any point in 2020.  If I were a betting man, my guess is we don't have any for the entire 2020-21 year.

Ok, if that’s the case...

What do you think will be the logistics of “home and home” series where one side is disadvantaged the following year by being a true AWAY team, like UCLA would be in ‘21-‘22 at a sold-out FiservForum?

E.g. would Marquette have to agree to some new terms to a revised contract? Like giving UCLA a future home date or a cut of the game@MU ticket sales?

Fluff is usually pretty insightful on these hypotheticals, but anyone feel free to chime in.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2020, 08:29:10 PM »

Fluff

So next Super Bowl without any fans? Not saying you’re wrong, but that’s hard for me to imagine.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2020, 08:50:12 PM »
Fluff

So next Super Bowl without any fans? Not saying you’re wrong, but that’s hard for me to imagine.

A lot of things over the two months have been hard for me to imagine.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2020, 09:01:31 PM »
Fluff

Technically, the next Super Bowl is in 2021.

Either way, like Fluffy said, not much would surprise me at this point. Places opening too soon and causing a huge resurgence in cases, places being really conservative and waiting until the vaccine, and anything in between.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2020, 09:53:04 PM »
Technically, the next Super Bowl is in 2021.

Either way, like Fluffy said, not much would surprise me at this point. Places opening too soon and causing a huge resurgence in cases, places being really conservative and waiting until the vaccine, and anything in between.

It is is Florida where they haven’t exactly been locking things down in the manner other states have.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato