[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[May 05, 2024, 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Luke Fischer transferring from I4  (Read 83042 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Like Fischer transferring from I4
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2013, 09:57:07 PM »
Well, no games lost to condensation, yet.

Or perspiration
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2013, 10:20:36 PM »
Apparently a person who covers Indiana sports said that his decision on where he will transfer to could come very soon, and earlier today this source said that he could even choose TODAY (I got this from the Badger board).

MU82

• All American
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2013, 10:43:23 PM »
If picking up Fischer means that Stone doesn't come to MU, would you still want Fischer?   With Pierce also signed, I don't think there is room for three 7 ft'ers.    And do you prefer Fishcer to Harris?     My answers to both is yes.   A 4-star 7 ft'er in hand is preferable. 

Yes, this has been a major problem for us over the years. Too many talented big men.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2013, 10:52:39 PM »
Here's hoping we can get Luke to come to MU.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2013, 10:56:27 PM »
I just dig the subject title spelling of this thread.

Um, like Fischer is transferring from I4.  Like, it would be really cool if he, like, transferred to MU.   :P

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2013, 10:57:08 PM »
Unlike condescension?

Nope, no games lost to that, either. (This year)
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2013, 11:00:20 PM »
I just dig the subject title spelling of this thread.

Um, like Fischer is transferring from I4.  Like, it would be really cool if he, like, transferred to MU.   :P

We R Final Four is a Valley Girl.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2013, 11:00:48 PM »
Here's the latest update from the Indianapolis Star:

BLOOMINGTON – Luke Fischer's best game in an Indiana uniform turned out to be his last one.

Fischer scored 10 points in 19 minutes, both career highs, in the Hoosiers' non-conference finale Dec. 22 — a blowout win over Kennesaw State.

Eight days later, after one semester in school, Fischer informed IU coach Tom Crean that he's transferring.

"In those types of situations, timing issues can always surprise you, but I can't stand here and say that I was in complete shock," Crean said after practice Monday.

Asked what he meant when he said he wasn't entirely surprised by Fischer's decision, Crean responded, "Well, that's just really my personal opinion. That's what that means."

A little more than a week earlier, Crean had been talking about Fischer's future very differently.

Fischer, a 6-foot-11 freshman center from Germantown, Wis., had solidified himself as Indiana's best post player off the bench. He played his best basketball in the Hoosiers' final non-conference games, looking improved as a scorer, rebounder and defender.

Against Kennesaw State, he shot 4-of-5 from the floor and blocked three shots.

"Luke, he's knocking on the door, right now, of being a really productive player for us," Crean said after that performance.

Monday afternoon, Crean talked about Fischer not as part of a promising future but as someone he now must replace.

"Luke had good potential," Crean said. "There's no doubt about that. But it just creates ... people take advantage of the opportunity. That's all you can really ask for. Time doesn't wait for anybody. You've just got to go. That's where we're at."

Fischer played in 13 games at IU, averaging 2.8 points and 2.1 rebounds per game. He averaged 10 minutes per game. He missed much of the preseason with a torn labrum in his left shoulder. He said it wasn't a coincidence that his production improved after he was able to remove the shoulder brace he wore after the injury.

"The brace really restricted how high I could raise my arm," Fischer said.

Fischer committed to Indiana on New Year's Day 2012, on an unofficial visit to Bloomington. He picked the Hoosiers over Boston College, Creighton, Marquette and Iowa, among others.

"We'll miss his potential. We'll miss him as a person," Crean said. "He did an outstanding job here academically. He's an excellent young man."

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2013, 11:07:16 PM »
Yes, this has been a major problem for us over the years. Too many talented big men.

Yea, it has been many years since Jimmy Chones, Larry McNeill, Maurice Lucas, Bo Ellis, Jerome Whitehead...

Death on call

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2013, 11:58:46 PM »
Assuming homesickness is the reason and that TC blocks the Big 10, that leaves us as pretty much the only logical choice. C'mon Luke, head on home to Milwaukee!

As for the sentitiments about Fischer chasing off Stone, I don't think a top 5 player in the country should worry much about a 4 star being in front of him on the depth chart. Besides, Fischer could play the 4 while Stone takes the 5.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2013, 01:04:45 AM »
I would welcome Luke to MU with open arms!

With Otule and Davante leaving this year, the frontcourt minutes are open!

Steve is progressing but will be more of a 3/4 than Luke's 4/5.
Juan will be a 3/4 as well.

Other than Satch and possibly Diamond, no other 4/5 has D-1 experience.
SS Marquette

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2013, 05:54:00 AM »
I wouldn't get my hopes up for Fischer to enroll at MU.  Just a feeling.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

tower912

• All American
« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2013, 06:10:21 AM »
I agree, Ted.   It would make sense, but I'm not feeling it. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2013, 06:12:34 AM »
Maybe Wardle books a winner?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2013, 06:33:50 AM »
Maybe Wardle books a winner?

He does have a 7-foot traditional projected in the draft.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2013, 06:38:29 AM »
I think he ends up at Wisconsin,. but again, just a feeling and I don't know anything.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2013, 06:48:38 AM »
I think he ends up at Wisconsin,. but again, just a feeling and I don't know anything.

Not saying your gut is wrong, but how are you rationalizing the add'l loss of eligibility from a intra-Big? transfer?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2013, 07:07:09 AM »
Who's Like Fischer?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2013, 07:21:14 AM »
Who's Like Fischer?

I just assumed this thread was started by an 80s valley girl who left out the comma and it should read, "Like, Fischer is transferring."

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Luke Fischer transferring from I4
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2013, 07:41:28 AM »
I like totally changed like the thread name or whatever to say Luke, not like......mmmmmkkkkkk?

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2013, 08:14:44 AM »
I agree, Ted.   It would make sense, but I'm not feeling it. 

It is interesting that many badger posters are pessimistic about him transferring to UW, the next most likely candidate (despite the potentially prohibitive transfer rules).  I guess rumors about a quick transfer announcement, without any such rumors about the destination, doesn't make anyone confident on this one.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2013, 08:17:47 AM »
It is interesting that many badger posters are pessimistic about him transferring to UW, the next most likely candidate (despite the potentially prohibitive transfer rules).  I guess rumors about a quick transfer announcement, without any such rumors about the destination, doesn't make anyone confident on this one.

My feeling is Green Bay.   I think the loss of a year of eligibility is the stopper for the Badgers.  Plus, IIRC, they may not have a scholarship to give.   
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 08:24:26 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2013, 08:34:13 AM »
My feeling is Green Bay.   I think the loss of a year of eligibility is the stopper for the Badgers.  Plus, IIRC, they may not have a scholarship to give.   

Very interesting.  I presume that's your gut because the relationship with Wardle trumps any concern about playing in the Horizon League? 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2013, 08:41:34 AM »
Very interesting.  I presume that's your gut because the relationship with Wardle trumps any concern about playing in the Horizon League? 

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2013, 08:42:51 AM »
I think this makes a lot of sense assuming we cannot use McKay's scholarship. I know people here have argued we cannot, but I am assuming that McKay is now enrolled at Iowa St and it does not make sense that his forfeited scholarship cannot be used. Maybe it is something MU can ask a waiver for. I have no idea, but I do not think anyone here really knows for sure. My first thought was that Germantown players go to UW. However, he did not appear to ever be interested in UW. Adding to that was the fact that his family liked Crean, which means they must of been following MU when Crean was here turns this into an MU lean for me. There are only two reasons he does not go to MU. First would be that Buzz has no interest. The second would be there be that there is no scholarship and the Fischer's are not willing to pay for a semester.