[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Prospective MU student dies in Milwaukee plane crash  (Read 915 times)

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
Prospective MU student dies in Milwaukee plane crash
« on: July 30, 2015, 11:03:56 PM »
Just heard this heard breaking story. A father and daughter from Massachusetts flew in a small private plane today to Milwaukee to visit Marquette. The father was flying the plane that crashed in Milwaukee while trying to land. Neither one made it. The father was a very successful businessman in Boston and the girl was a rising high school senior. This reminds us all how life can change in an instant. I can't even imagine going through that or how tough this is on their family.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Prospective MU student dies in Milwaukee plane crash
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 11:17:13 PM »
RIP

He was the COO of Summit Partners...an equity firm that had raised more than $16billion
http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2015/07/vigil_tonight_to_honor_boston_investment_exec_daughter_killed_in

The family lost a son less than a year ago.  Friends with Mitt Romney.   
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 11:27:11 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 04:56:33 AM »
I actually knew Joe Trustey though not well. He was an incredibly intense guy but seemed like a stand up sort once you got past the sparks coming out of his ass. This is a tragic story.

The reality is that a lot of GA pilots have no business flying. They have limited hours and are usually barely current so their SA and proficiency are border line dangerous.

I have no idea what happened here but I do have some time in the TBM cargo variant flying relief supplies for Somali refugees out of Djibouti as a volunteer pilot. The TBM is a pretty high speed aircraft and it is not an easy bird to fly. It has an unusual configuration and the CG on it is bloody hard to read. It is a classic case of too much machine for recreational fliers.

Death on call

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 08:24:14 AM »
May God be with them.