'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Looney interview  (Read 9152 times)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: Looney interview
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 10:23:36 AM »
We're all different. These kids are used to travel. And, if you've read my posts, Kevon is ready to leave home. Not a bad thing and part of a normal maturation process. His parents have raised him well.
What we need to do is relocate MU elsewhere.

Maybe we can convince his parents to move?

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2012, 11:50:12 AM »
As someone has pointed out here, I think it is a stretch to say that he is "friends" with Burton and Wilson.  They obviously know each other and are friendly, but I don't think the relationships are at the level of "wanting to play together at all costs."  I mean, if Looney wanted to he could play with either Burton and Vincent or Wilson at Dominican anytime he wants.

Watching highlight videos on youtube of Burton and Looney matching up in HS and AAU they are not the most "friendly" to each other on the court.

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 12:38:20 AM »

From UNC's pay site InsideCarolina

UNC is in the beginning stages of recruiting 2014 PF/SF Kevon Looney.

Looney, a 6-foot-8, 200-pound forward, has had a terrific spring. He was tremendous at the Nike Elite 100 and NBPA Camp in back-to-back weekends. He was among the top five rebounders at NBPA Camp last weekend.

I spoke to one of his AAU coaches today. He informed me that UNC has put in an initial phone call.

"North Carolina has reached out. Florida. Kentucky. Everybody has reached out at this point."

"(UNC) talked to Shelby [Parrish]. They are going to have a phone call with his dad today."

Roy Williams has yet to see Looney play, so look for him to be a guy they watch in July.

"They said they were really, really interested. They wanted to get Coach to see him play as soon as possible. I think they would be leaning towards offering".

Looney is currently ranked No. 14 overall in the 2014 class. Expect him to move into the top 10 when rankings are updated in two weeks.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2012, 07:42:15 AM »
Nice to be in the mix, but it sounds like we are a dark horse.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2012, 08:22:53 AM »
Nice to be in the mix, but it sounds like we are a dark horse.

Why do you say that? 4Ever said his recruiting is wide open at this point. He also said every kid is different so we will have to see.

I am sure Buzz isn't going to cower in the fetal position just because unc and duke offer the kid. Mu has some positives as well, including the coach. If mu wants to play with the big boys it will have to promote the positives. The notion that we are inferior and defeated everytime a big name school gets involved drives me crazy. We might as well hire another Dukiet and go mid major. If you want to be an elite program you have to believe you are one.