collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sooooo.... Texas?  (Read 30325 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Sooooo.... Texas?
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2021, 07:57:11 AM »
Just saw the term "Abortion Vigilante."

That's what the Texas politicians have created -- legislation that pits neighbor against neighbor.

It sounds like the plot of a hard-to-believe, dystopian-society movie.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2021, 08:07:18 AM »

That's what the Texas politicians have created -- legislation that pits neighbor against neighbor.

Wonder if there's a German term for this sort of... wait a minute...

Ministerium für Staatssicherheit

That went swimmingly I'm told.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2021, 09:01:06 AM »
Not really. We got almost all Americans out. (Only ones left are those who stayed after repeated contacts.). Ten of thousands of Afghan refugees airlifted out as well.

Could have been better. Hardly a disaster.
”Could have been better” is a bit of an understatement, hey?  If you think otherwise, you’re hiding your head in the sand.  I’m not questioning for a second that we needed to leave, but we could have gotten people out first, then equipment and then the military. We could have gotten out earlier before the Taliban took over most of the country. We could have done it at a different time than the busiest fighting season for the Taliban. We didn’t have to lose 13.  Hell, even CNN and MSNBC people have said this was a disaster.   

And Texas?  For cafeteria Catholics, like Biden and many others, it’s horrible. But abortion on demand and as a means of birth control has become the norm, instead of safe, legal and rare.

Lock this thing up. 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2021, 09:07:50 AM »
”Could have been better” is a bit of an understatement, hey?  If you think otherwise, you’re hiding your head in the sand.  I’m not questioning for a second that we needed to leave, but we could have gotten people out first, then equipment and then the military. We could have gotten out earlier before the Taliban took over most of the country. We could have done it at a different time than the busiest fighting season for the Taliban. We didn’t have to lose 13.  Hell, even CNN and MSNBC people have said this was a disaster.   

You make it sound like leaving a war zone, especially when the provisional government high tails it out of the country and their army just disappears, is like moving next door.  It was no where near the disaster it has been portrayed.

And Texas?  For cafeteria Catholics, like Biden and many others, it’s horrible. But abortion on demand and as a means of birth control has become the norm, instead of safe, legal and rare.

False.  Abortion rates have been falling for years.  And it is not due to restrictions. 

https://www.statista.com/chart/19490/us-abortion-rate-guttmacher-institute/

Lock this thing up. 

Ah, someone doesn't want to get their falsehoods challenged I see.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2021, 09:11:28 AM »

Lock this thing up.

I always find this term interesting. It's used to insinuate that left leaning people can't be Catholic or Christian but really it's a different way of saying "I don't respect the establishment clause and you do"
Maigh Eo for Sam

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2021, 09:11:36 AM »
Ah, someone doesn't want to get their falsehoods challenged I see.
It's the muguru technique of spiking the ball and insisting no one can argue with you.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #131 on: September 04, 2021, 09:14:51 AM »
Wrong.   

Many of us, who follow the Catholic faith, have a lot more to say about the topic.  But this topic is the perfect reason that politics should be and are banned from this site.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

• All American
« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2021, 09:17:35 AM »
Wrong.   

Many of us, who follow the Catholic faith, have a lot more to say about the topic.  But this topic is the perfect reason that politics should be and are banned from this site.

You do realize there are pro-choice Catholics right?  And that your participation in this topic isn't mandatory?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2021, 09:30:23 AM »
Wrong.   

The problem with the term 'Cafeteria Catholics' is that we all are to some extent or other.
The official Catholic stances on preferential treatment for the poor, immigration, the environment, capitalism, COVID vaccines, universal health care as a right (as long as abortion isn't covered), the death penalty are all pretty liberal.

It is the extemely rare person who is lockstep with all of them.   Even in the clergy.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #134 on: September 04, 2021, 09:37:40 AM »
Wrong.   

Maybe I'm reading your line of thought incorrectly but it appears your support of a law is base on a religious belief. You're not proposing the validity of that law based on those religious beliefs are you?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #135 on: September 04, 2021, 09:37:48 AM »

You do realize there are pro-choice Catholics right? 

Most, actually.

Not even a contest on overturning.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #136 on: September 04, 2021, 09:51:47 AM »
So much context missing here.

But, alas, nothing about Texas.

Change my mind: FC Dallas has the best youth program/academy in the US

Context??? What "context" would you offer to better help me accept the rape of 13 year old girls by grown men/terrorists.

• All American
« Reply #137 on: September 04, 2021, 09:54:59 AM »
Context??? What "context" would you offer to better help me accept the rape of 13 year old girls by grown men/terrorists.

You shouldn't accept it.  No one suggested you should.  But I am not understanding the point you are making here - that we should have occupied Afghanistan indefinitely to protect 13 year old girls?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2021, 09:59:38 AM »

Lock this thing up.

Uhhhh no. Absolutely incorrect. You do not pass go, you do not collect 200.

Abortions have been falling for years. And as for the so called "real catholics" they have been the ones denying the safe sex practices for YEARS.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2021, 10:07:34 AM »

You shouldn't accept it.  No one suggested you should.  But I am not understanding the point you are making here - that we should have occupied Afghanistan indefinitely to protect 13 year old girls?

Muggsy listed a number of consequences from our correct, but ham-handed withdrawal from Afghan, including the inevitable rape and murder of young girls by the Taliban. Another poster followed up with the suggestion that some of Muggsy's points needed "context".

When it comes to the rape and murder of 13 year old girls, I don't need "context".

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2021, 10:16:44 AM »

You mean such as the Face Mask Nazis in blue states who call the cops to report that their neighbor has 2 unrelated children staying at her house for the weekend on her daughter's "sleepover"??

The "Karen" in the grocery store who summons the store manager to report that someone in aisle 5 isn't wearing a mask??

Those "dystopian movies"??

• All American
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2021, 10:21:31 AM »
Muggsy listed a number of consequences from our correct, but ham-handed withdrawal from Afghan, including the inevitable rape and murder of young girls by the Taliban. Another poster followed up with the suggestion that some of Muggsy's points needed "context".

When it comes to the rape and murder of 13 year old girls, I don't need "context".

Well the withdrawl wasn’t “ham handed” given the context so perhaps context is an issue for you.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2021, 11:02:11 AM »

A better withdrawal would have led to better post-withdrawal behavior by the Taliban?
Now who's burying their head in the sand?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2021, 11:07:54 AM »
This vague thread is a now a political quagmire covering abortion, COVID, Afghanistan, and religion.  Can’t wait to see how much farther we go before a justified lock

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2021, 11:09:09 AM »
This vague thread is a now a political quagmire covering abortion, COVID, Afghanistan, and religion.  Can’t wait to see how much farther we go before a justified lock

Nazis.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2021, 11:10:07 AM »

It's the cops, everybody run!

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2021, 12:23:49 PM »
I am not so crazy to think there's a civil war coming.

But I'm not so against the idea of a few different countries emerging. It's pretty clear there are significant cultural divides by region that are making things worse and aren't going to be solved anytime soon (if ever).

NE, MW, South, West, great plains/mountain.

The Atlantic had an article about this sometime in the last 12 months.
They said a"Cold Civil War" is possible.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2021, 12:27:32 PM »
Wrong.   

It's actually pretty simple.  It's called separation of church and state.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2021, 12:49:42 PM »
I am not so crazy to think there's a civil war coming.

It's pretty crazy.
How do you envision this all shaking out? Like, will California go to war with Utah? Are the people of Missouri and Iowa teaming up to take on Illinois and Minnesota?
And what about the non "red" voters in red states? Will the 10.5 million combined Biden voters in Texas and Florida be kindly asked to leave? Rounded up into camps and re-educated? Slaughtered in their homes? Will soldiers from rural Michigan start killing their fellow soldiers from Detroit?
Who's going to organize this thing?
And, most importantly, wny? Are millions of Americans going to try to kill millions of other Americans over Donald Trump? Immigration laws? Tax rates? Gun control?
Unlike the actual Civil War, there isn't one overriding issue (slavery) that clearly divides the nation along economic, cultural, moral and geographical lines.
People like to say "I can see another civil war coming," but never seem to think through the logistics of it.
So, how's this all going down?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 12:51:16 PM by Pakuni »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2021, 03:03:19 PM »

In all seriousness, do you have a suggestion on how to prevent this? Once the U.S. withdrew, as it should have 18 years ago IMO, how do we prevent such a thing? What about the the way the U.S> withdrew has anything to do with what the Taliban was going to do?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

feedback