collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North Pissing Match  (Read 114821 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: NFC North Pissing Match
« Reply #475 on: September 14, 2009, 10:59:05 AM »
Confirmed, Urlacher is done for the year.

Appears to be ligament damage in his wrist, in addition to the dislocation.

Bears will be putting out feelers to Derrick Brooks and Napoleon Harris.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #476 on: September 14, 2009, 11:10:37 AM »
(Question .. why do people refer to Adrian Peterson as AD?  Wouldn't AP be more appropriate?  What am I missing...)

LON

• All American
« Reply #477 on: September 14, 2009, 11:11:39 AM »
(Question .. why do people refer to Adrian Peterson as AD?  Wouldn't AP be more appropriate?  What am I missing...)

Stands for "All Day" I believe...

"AP AD" is what they called him in college?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #478 on: September 14, 2009, 11:20:23 AM »
I am going to point out that unless the Packers O-line plays substantially better, they aren't going to do much this year.  Where is Mark Tauscher???  I don't think he ever had a performance as bad as Barbre's yesterday.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #479 on: September 14, 2009, 11:25:26 AM »
Yeah.. All Day - cause he goes all day.  I think his parents actually started calling him that when he was a toddler because dude wouldn't sleep or stop moving.  But, it's certainly true on the football field as well...

Urlacher - I think Erin is a witch and put a spell on him after that post-throw hit.  I hate Old Spice deodorant - terrible.  Lances hates all deodorant.    Urlacher gets an owie and quits for the year... rough - it must be really bad though, I will admit that guy is a tough SOB.  Wad's, you do everything in life with a limp wrist, do you think you could help Urlacher with advice so he could play this year?

AD gets an owwie, spills about a gallon of ragu, and it possesses him to take over.  I've gotten IVs before and never had that happened.. but then again I haven't been tackled by a bunch of 300 pound guys right after.  That was bizarre though...  

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #480 on: September 14, 2009, 11:29:25 AM »
Yeah.. All Day - cause he goes all day.  I think his parents actually started calling him that when he was a toddler because dude wouldn't sleep or stop moving.  But, it's certainly true on the football field as well...

Urlacher - I think Erin is a witch and put a spell on him after that post-throw hit.  I hate Old Spice deodorant - terrible.  Lances hates all deodorant.    Urlacher gets an owie and quits for the year... rough - it must be really bad though, I will admit that guy is a tough SOB.  Wad's, you do everything in life with a limp wrist, do you think you could help Urlacher with advice so he could play this year?

AD gets an owwie, spills about a gallon of ragu, and it possesses him to take over.  I've gotten IVs before and never had that happened.. but then again I haven't been tackled by a bunch of 300 pound guys right after.  That was bizarre though...
2 things.  1. Do you even think about what you're saying when you make your "ribs" (as I am sure they call them in the "hip-hop" world of yours) at people?  They make absolutely 0 sense.
2. I agree about the AD bleeding being very weird.  Don't they usually put in an IV in the lower part of the forearm, not in the elbow?  Also, aren't they done with just a little needle, so there's just a tiny cut?  I understand it goes right into the vein, but shouldn't have that thing been closed up by that point?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

LON

• All American
« Reply #481 on: September 14, 2009, 11:38:57 AM »

The only thing better would be if you just put a huge "YOU GOT SERVED" at the end of that post...do you have any inner dialogue at all or do you just suffer from verbal diarrhea 24 hours a day? 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #482 on: September 14, 2009, 11:42:37 AM »
AD mystery solved - guess it wasn't from the IV... Adrian said he thinks a chinstrap or button from one cut him.. it was a separate gash.. not the IV dealy.  This makes more sense, although if that was a chinstrap that cut him I'm not sure I'd want one wrapped under my chin... Cleveland guys were probably packing knives. 

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #483 on: September 14, 2009, 12:17:40 PM »
I think the Vikings are missing a prime opportunity to save several million dollars and at the same time hit a PR homerun.

Every Saturday, the Minnesota high school QB who had the best game the night before is selected to be the Vikings QB for Sunday.  By QB, I mean he gets to be the person to take the snap from the center and turn around and hand the ball to Peterson.  Even with this game plan, I think they would still finish at least .500.  They would be able to complete their sellouts with all the people from the hometown of that week's QB buying tickets.

Plus, they could cut Favre and save his salary.  Might take some work on the eligibility front, but exceptions could be made since the QB would not be paid.

Seriously, Peterson is a freak of nature.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #484 on: September 14, 2009, 12:18:44 PM »
I beleive the correct spelling is Aaron Rodgers not Erin Rodgers...are you sure you're an MU student/alumus? Because I swear you spell like someone who went to or goes to a state school.

LON

• All American
« Reply #485 on: September 14, 2009, 12:24:04 PM »
I beleive the correct spelling is Aaron Rodgers not Erin Rodgers...are you sure you're an MU student/alumus? Because I swear you spell like someone who went to or goes to a state school.

No he's actually pretty quick to point out the spelling errors of others, you know, since his firefox browser does it for him.

Calling him Erin is just one of his "oh-so-clever" insults in which he specializes...

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #486 on: September 14, 2009, 12:57:55 PM »

Are you attempting to 'correct' my intentional spelling of Erin's name with non-words such as "beleieve"?  Are you sure you didn't miss the second grade when they taught i before e, except after c (with certain exceptions)?   

I've never said I went to MU - is that a requirement? (although I did - I graduated awhile back, at a time when being correct mattered and people were ashamed of being idiots). 

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #487 on: September 14, 2009, 01:15:52 PM »
  Are you attempting to 'correct' my intentional spelling of Erin's name with non-words such as "beleieve"?  Are you sure you didn't miss the second grade when they taught i before e, except after c (with certain exceptions)?   

I've never said I went to MU - is that a requirement? (although I did - I graduated awhile back, at a time when being correct mattered and people were ashamed of being idiots). 

You must have missed the boat on that one...

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #488 on: September 14, 2009, 02:53:46 PM »
Confirmed, Urlacher is done for the year.

Appears to be ligament damage in his wrist, in addition to the dislocation.

Bears will be putting out feelers to Derrick Brooks and Napoleon Harris.

What about a feeler to Marvin Harrison?  I know that we they have some young talent at WR, but I feel like a veteran prescence in that group would go a long way.

I am just worried I am going to wake up tomorrow and find out that veteran prescence is a resigned Bobby Wade....
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #489 on: September 14, 2009, 03:43:31 PM »
Marvin Harrison seems like a nice guy.
he would fit in really well in Minnesota.

just don't get on his bad side....

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #490 on: September 14, 2009, 03:48:03 PM »
Marvin Harrison seems like a nice guy.
he would fit in really well in Minnesota.

just don't get on his bad side....

Actually, he would be better as a Packer, just like Koren Robinson or Nick Barnett.

LON

• All American
« Reply #491 on: September 14, 2009, 03:57:36 PM »
Actually, he would be better as a Packer, just like Koren Robinson or Nick Barnett.

He managed to stay out of trouble in Green Bay...and was serviceable.

which is admirable seeing as how he was a big-time drinker and GB is 98% white and 2% Packers players...

reinko

• All American
« Reply #492 on: September 14, 2009, 04:20:25 PM »
Apparently, drunk driving = killing a guy outside of a car wash.

Thanks guys for the clarification.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #493 on: September 14, 2009, 04:30:23 PM »

Allegedly....
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #494 on: September 14, 2009, 04:30:47 PM »

Allegedly killing a guy.  ;)

Just teasing Packer backers. All NFL teams have some questionable characters.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #495 on: September 14, 2009, 04:38:17 PM »

You've officially reached douchebag status.....IGNORE!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #496 on: September 14, 2009, 04:56:45 PM »

I doubt you want to compare rap sheets as a Viking fan.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #497 on: September 14, 2009, 05:02:24 PM »

the Vikes have had their fair share of questionable guys.

So have the Pack.

All NFL teams have taken flyers on troubled guys who have a lot of talent, not just the Vikes.

Example: Ray Lewis, Mike Vick, Tank Johnson, Randy Moss, etc. 

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #498 on: September 14, 2009, 05:04:13 PM »

When several players from one team take part in one incident, does that only count as one bad mark against the team? ;)

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #499 on: September 14, 2009, 05:08:48 PM »
the Vikes have had their fair share of questionable guys.

So have the Pack.

All NFL teams have taken flyers on troubled guys who have a lot of talent, not just the Vikes.

Example: Ray Lewis, Mike Vick, Tank Johnson, Randy Moss, etc. 

I don't disagree, but lets be real here... The Vikes are way ahead in shady players.