collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North Pissing Match  (Read 114768 times)

pillardean

• Team Captain
Re: NFC North Pissing Match
« Reply #450 on: September 13, 2009, 02:47:44 PM »
Steroids were in the AP I.V.

Marquette University, Spring '08

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #451 on: September 13, 2009, 03:01:56 PM »

To me, that was the biggest problem with the Vikings and this move.  Will they continue to use their primary offensive weapon enough.

Well, I guess the answer is "yes."

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #452 on: September 13, 2009, 03:12:56 PM »
AD, baby.  I'm shocked Favre threw zero picks. 

25 carries, 180 yards, 3 TDs, 1 rec 18 yards.  Favre simply doesn't have to do much with AD playing behind him.

Percy Harvin - fantastic draft pick, we got a steal (as we did with Peterson a few years ago). 

The O-line needs to improve in some areas and wow.. Joe Thomas didn't seem to have much of a problem with Jared.  Overall, though, this game just indicates the consensus is correct.  Vikings = NFC North Champions.                                                                                     
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #453 on: September 13, 2009, 03:15:31 PM »

25 carries, 180 yards, 3 TDs, 1 rec 18 yards.  Favre simply doesn't have to do much with AD playing behind him.

Percy Harvin - fantastic draft pick, we got a steal (as we did with Peterson a few years ago). 

The O-line needs to improve in some areas and wow.. Joe Thomas didn't seem to have much of a problem with Jared.  Overall, though, this game just indicates the consensus is correct.  Vikings = NFC North Champions.                                                                                     

Dont shoot your load just yet. CLE is one of the worst teams in the league.

You still have a moron head coach, and a 40 year old QB who has admitted he doesn't know if his body is going to hold up.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #454 on: September 13, 2009, 03:27:16 PM »

So when Marquette basketball wins their first game by 25 we'll probably be considered the best team in the nation, right?

Fresh beatz!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #455 on: September 13, 2009, 03:58:40 PM »
Wait, I haven't been reading this thread consistently .. Jay Bee are you still claiming the Vikings are the NFC North consensus winners?

Um, as fellow Minnesotan can I ask you to please stop making us look like idiots?

I've looked at 15-20 different season predictions.  Maybe half of them pick the Vikings to win the North.   That's not a consensus by a long shot.

deep vacuum

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #456 on: September 13, 2009, 04:24:04 PM »
It looks like the Jets improved their QB situation this year.  ;D

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #457 on: September 13, 2009, 08:51:09 PM »
Dont shoot your load just yet. CLE is one of the worst teams in the league.

You still have a moron head coach, and a 40 year old QB who has admitted he doesn't know if his body is going to hold up.

Agreed that one win doesn't mean that much... but had they lost, every packer backer would be blasting favre and the vikings.

I'll take the win and the relative silence.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #458 on: September 13, 2009, 08:53:10 PM »
Agreed that one win doesn't mean that much... but had they lost, every packer backer would be blasting favre and the vikings.

I'll take the win and the relative silence.

Thats because they would've lost to one of the worst teams in the league, and they would've deserved the bashing. Your comparison doesnt fit here...

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #459 on: September 13, 2009, 09:01:46 PM »
Interesting first half up in Green Bay. Who knew the under would be a decent play in this one?

Cutler has been terrible, it'll be interesting to see how he responds in the second half. Little to no running game by pretty much both teams. Barbre might get Rodgers killed before this one is over, you can't play much worse at the tackle spot than what he's done tonight.

I'll say Green Bay comes out ahead 17-13.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #460 on: September 13, 2009, 09:07:02 PM »

Thats because they would've lost to one of the worst teams in the league, and they would've deserved the bashing. Your comparison doesnt fit here...

My point is, if (more likely when) the Vikes lose, Packer fans will be celebrating... especially if Brett doesn't play well.

It doesn't matter who they play.

If the Vikes had lost, your post would have been, "See, favre sucks and childress is stupid". When the Vikes win, it's "The Browns are very good."

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #461 on: September 13, 2009, 09:10:36 PM »

If the Vikes had lost, your post would have been, "See, favre sucks and childress is stupid". When the Vikes win, it's "The Browns are very good."

That is right, because it would've fit. The Browns are a very bad team, and the "consensus" pick to win the NFCN shouldn't lose to such a bad team.  You've got nothing going for you here...

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #462 on: September 13, 2009, 10:51:15 PM »
Cutler looked good.

4 picks...doesnt even give his team a chance.

Couldn't have happened to a better guy!

What a b*tch.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #463 on: September 13, 2009, 10:56:53 PM »
Did Cutler kick your dog or something?

He was bad, his receivers were bad, throws four picks, and still almost pulled out a win.

Ugly game all around on both sides tonight.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #464 on: September 13, 2009, 11:00:31 PM »
Collinsworth calling out Erin Rodgers for diving in the 4th quarter was humorous, as were Forte and Grant 'running' the ball.  I look forward to hearing Chicago fans get all over Cutler this week - the last one looked like a crap play by the young receiver, but man... dude looked horrendous in the first half.  

Erin's winning percentage has jumped to 41%, but he'll need to do much better to stay with the Consensus.  I doubt the competition will toss his defense four gimme's every day. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #465 on: September 13, 2009, 11:05:14 PM »
Cutler had a bad game, big deal. First of Sixteen, he and his receivers clearly weren't on the same page, and he made some bad decisions. If Cutler plays like this three games in a row, then fans can "get all over him". Packers defense played well, little to no running game from the Bears, oh well.

Neither team was great, and the Packers were six points better. On to week 2.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #466 on: September 13, 2009, 11:19:18 PM »
Collinsworth calling out Erin Rodgers for diving in the 4th quarter was humorous, as were Forte and Grant 'running' the ball.  I look forward to hearing Chicago fans get all over Cutler this week - the last one looked like a crap play by the young receiver, but man... dude looked horrendous in the first half.  

Erin's winning percentage has jumped to 41%, but he'll need to do much better to stay with the Consensus.  I doubt the competition will toss his defense four gimme's every day.
Hey VaJay-Jay, AD looked dominant in the 2nd half.  Other than that, the Queens looked awful today.  Down 13-10 after a half against the worst team in the NFL is anything but impressive.
SKOL VIKINGS!  Make me a song about it, brah.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #467 on: September 13, 2009, 11:36:02 PM »
Cutler had a bad game, big deal. First of Sixteen, he and his receivers clearly weren't on the same page, and he made some bad decisions. If Cutler plays like this three games in a row, then fans can "get all over him". Packers defense played well, little to no running game from the Bears, oh well.

I would be more worried about the receivers than with Cutler.

Clark's missed touchdown
Bad routes leading to picks
Not being on same page equals awful looking passes.

Yeah, he made a few bad choices on throwing the ball, but the only other option would have been to throw it away.  Save a few times the receivers didn't have much of a clue what they were doing down field.

As for the Pack, they got their kinks out with DD droppin' a few first down catches he won't do again and Rodgers overthrowing a few deep balls which he won't do again.

A win is a win (1-0)

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #468 on: September 13, 2009, 11:38:43 PM »

Just because the Vikings won, doesn't mean Childress isn't stupid.  He removed any remaining doubt about that a long time ago.

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #469 on: September 13, 2009, 11:50:34 PM »
My point is, if (more likely when) the Vikes lose, Packer fans will be celebrating... especially if Brett doesn't play well.

It doesn't matter who they play.

I think that the Bear fans will also celebrate.

Ohh...and Childress still is stupid and Favre is still withered.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #470 on: September 14, 2009, 12:06:39 AM »

I've looked at 15-20 different season predictions.  Maybe half of them pick the Vikings to win the North.   That's not a consensus by a long shot.

Wait Jay Bee, I will save you the time.

"Hey if you Erin Rogers fans can find me a gambling website that shows someone other than the Vikes are the odds on favorite for the division, I will admit it.  But until then nothing playaz.."

Back to my post.
I am more concerned about: Urlacher, Pisa, Clark, McBride, and Oyimale(sp) injury issues than a couple ints...
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #471 on: September 14, 2009, 08:01:02 AM »

Cutler played much better in the second half when he calmed down.  The last INT was All Harris schooling a rookie wide receiver.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #472 on: September 14, 2009, 08:08:11 AM »
Hey VaJay-Jay, AD looked dominant in the 2nd half.  Other than that, the Queens looked awful today.  Down 13-10 after a half against the worst team in the NFL is anything but impressive.
SKOL VIKINGS!  Make me a song about it, brah.

As a vikes fan, I'll agree that a win over the browns isn't a huge deal.

However, a road blowout win is nice no matter who you are playing.

Defense looked good. Offense looked good (running game = great, passing = sufficient and efficient).

I'm not picking them for the superbowl, but nevertheless this was an encouraging game, not a discouraging game as you are implying.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #473 on: September 14, 2009, 10:31:16 AM »
As a vikes fan, I'll agree that a win over the browns isn't a huge deal.

However, a road blowout win is nice no matter who you are playing.

Defense looked good. Offense looked good (running game = great, passing = sufficient and efficient).

I'm not picking them for the superbowl, but nevertheless this was an encouraging game, not a discouraging game as you are implying.
You have to admit that that first half was very ugly, just like the entire Bears vs. Packers game was very ugly.  The 2nd half was great.  It was stop their offense and give the ball to AD all day.  That's what works for the Vikings.  AD is AD.

On a related not to the Packers vs. Bears game being ugly, Urlacher says he is out for the season.  That is a big blow to the Bears.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #474 on: September 14, 2009, 10:40:02 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4472175

If true, this would prove to be a rough 12 hours for bears fans.

feedback