collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North Pissing Match  (Read 114785 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NFC North Pissing Match
« Reply #425 on: September 11, 2009, 04:44:32 PM »
 Wad's did you have a little Favre poster in your room growing up?  I find it strange that an individual such as yourself, who is comfortable with a ball gag in his mouth three nights a week at Le Cage, is inferring that purple is a bad color.  
  Yes, I am ready to play Madden TONIGHT and I need to work TONIGHT.  Maybe I work for Madden or Microsoft.  Maybe I need to get some stuff done and therefore don't want to go to the Twins game for 3 hours.  Maybe my TONIGHT doesn't end at your bedtime of 8pm, and therefore I could get work done and play Madden.  Maybe Erin Rodgers winning percentage of less than 40 is horrible.
Haha I knew you'd ignore my questions for you, VaJay Jay, it never fails!  I'll make it pretty simple and leave out all other things.  Please answer me these two questions.

1. Have you personally ever seen the Vikings play in a Super Bowl?
2. Have you personally ever seen the Vikings play in an NFC Championship game in which you did not lose 41-0?

Pretty simple.  Give it your best shot.  I know you have trouble with it, so I'll even give you permission to answer these questions in some form of lyrics and make some of your fly beatz with it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #426 on: September 11, 2009, 04:44:44 PM »
Very simple...the following season helped demonstrate just how under appreciated the Broncos were heading into that Super Bowl. They proved to be much better than anyone thought they were, and provided further evidence by going 14-2 and winning the Super Bowl the very next season with virtually an identical roster.

The Packers defense on the other hand saw significant changes from one year to the next, which makes your reverse argument argument stupid.

Of course let's also not forget the Green Bay offense was BETTER in 2007 than in 2006 if you want to use statistics.   Green Bay's defense in 2007, was worse than 2006, but it was still 7th overall....hardly a slouch defense.  They were also #5 in scoring defense in 2007....again, no slouch.

Each team is different from each year, comparing the two gives some visibility but it is impossible to compare completely as schedules are different, players, coaches, injuries, etc.

It remains that Green Bay was a double digit favorite and lost in the Super Bowl.  They should have won that game but were sloppy with the ball early on (no surprise) and couldn't stop a running back that couldn't even seen due to migraine headaches.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #427 on: September 11, 2009, 04:47:16 PM »
Because I was the one who made both of those claims?  Makes perfect sense...errr...

Nope. It was directly at the other 20 people posting in this thread.

Don't take it so personally, dude. I apologize that my post came after yours and confused you.

pillardean just got done trying to tell me that MN doesn't sell out because the organization sucks and the fans aren't diehard. Then, he (and several others) imply that the court ruling would be different if it wasn't in MN.

I know some of this stuff is tongue and cheek, but I still wanted to point out the failed logic.

On one hand, you claim they can't get people to go to games.

On the other hand, you claim they are getting off easy with the legal system because they are Vikings players.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #428 on: September 11, 2009, 04:47:25 PM »
 Wad's did you have a little Favre poster in your room growing up?  I find it strange that an individual such as yourself, who is comfortable with a ball gag in his mouth three nights a week at Le Cage, is inferring that purple is a bad color.  
  Yes, I am ready to play Madden TONIGHT and I need to work TONIGHT.  Maybe I work for Madden or Microsoft.  Maybe I need to get some stuff done and therefore don't want to go to the Twins game for 3 hours.  Maybe my TONIGHT doesn't end at your bedtime of 8pm, and therefore I could get work done and play Madden.  Maybe Erin Rodgers winning percentage of less than 40 is horrible.

You see, there's a certain level of entertainment in a pissing match when the jabs at a certain person are indicative of what that person actually represents.  That's what I'm doing. Understand?

Then there's this bull that you come up with.  They seem to be, forgive me, rather meek and feeble attempts at personal insults, all of which are of the "insert person you'd like to insult here" variety.  I must say, there was a time in this thread where you at least provided a mediocre challenge.  Those days are now over.  I expect better, and I'm consistently disappointed.  Kind of like you will be with the Vikings on a week to week basis this year.

It's incredibly convenient that you stop replying to my posts when you get your sh*t rocked, and try to go pick on other people.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #429 on: September 11, 2009, 04:48:30 PM »
It remains that Green Bay was a double digit favorite and lost in the Super Bowl.  They should have won that game but were sloppy with the ball early on (no surprise) and couldn't stop a running back that couldn't even seen due to migraine headaches.
So the moral of the story is that we should forget about all of the Packers Super Bowl victories, because they were the favorites, but the one they lost counts because they were 12 point favorites and lost.  So really, the Packers are 0-1 in Super Bowls, which is the exact same record the Vikings have in Super Bowls, since they are 0-4 in Super Bowls, but they were underdogs in 3 of those 4, so only the one where they were favored and still lost counts towards anything.

The fact of the matter is is that Super Bowl champions are nothing easy to come by.  If favorites always won, then why even play the season?  Let's just hand the Patriots the Super Bowl right now.  They seem to be the most popular pick at this point.

I don't care who the favorites were.  The Packers have 3 Super Bowls, the Vikings have 0.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #430 on: September 11, 2009, 04:51:08 PM »
Nope. It was directly at the other 20 people posting in this thread.

Don't take it so personally, dude. I apologize that my post came after yours and confused you.

pillardean just got done trying to tell me that MN doesn't sell out because the organization sucks and the fans aren't diehard. Then, he (and several others) imply that the court ruling would be different if it wasn't in MN.

I know some of this stuff is tongue and cheek, but I still wanted to point out the failed logic.

On one hand, you claim they can't get people to go to games.

On the other hand, you claim they are getting off easy with the legal system because they are Vikings players.
Fair enough, I thought you were making a point that I said that their fans were terrible for not being able to sell out games but that I also said that the courts made a home ruling.  I think it's pretty dumb that some people think the ruling was a homer ruling.  I do agree that they DEFINITELY should be suspended, but I think the process would be the exact same thing if they were on the Packers instead of the Vikings.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #431 on: September 11, 2009, 04:55:37 PM »
So the moral of the story is that we should forget about all of the Packers Super Bowl victories, because they were the favorites, but the one they lost counts because they were 12 point favorites and lost.  So really, the Packers are 0-1 in Super Bowls, which is the exact same record the Vikings have in Super Bowls, since they are 0-4 in Super Bowls, but they were underdogs in 3 of those 4, so only the one where they were favored and still lost counts towards anything.

The fact of the matter is is that Super Bowl champions are nothing easy to come by.  If favorites always won, then why even play the season?  Let's just hand the Patriots the Super Bowl right now.  They seem to be the most popular pick at this point.

I don't care who the favorites were.  The Packers have 3 Super Bowls, the Vikings have 0.

That's the moral of the story?  I don't think so.  The conversation morphed into that particular game.  Yes, the Packers have 3 Super Bowl wins and are a GREAT organization.  Don't think I ever said they weren't nor would I ever.  They are one of the best ever.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #432 on: September 11, 2009, 04:57:15 PM »
Fair enough, I thought you were making a point that I said that their fans were terrible for not being able to sell out games but that I also said that the courts made a home ruling.  I think it's pretty dumb that some people think the ruling was a homer ruling.  I do agree that they DEFINITELY should be suspended, but I think the process would be the exact same thing if they were on the Packers instead of the Vikings.

Truthfully, I hope nobody believes this is a "homer ruling".

This isn't Mayberry guys. It's federal circuit court and the state court.

I'm not saying the lawyers and judges are perfect, but I don't think the Williams' are getting a free ride because they are Vikings players.

Way too many eyes on this case for that to be happening.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #433 on: September 11, 2009, 05:33:41 PM »
It's totally a homer ruling.  Alan Page, former Minnesota Viking, was on the Minnesota Supreme Court.  It's absolutely a homer ruling.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #434 on: September 11, 2009, 07:58:50 PM »
Haha I knew you'd ignore my questions for you, VaJay Jay, it never fails!  I'll make it pretty simple and leave out all other things.  Please answer me these two questions.

2. Have you personally ever seen the Vikings play in an NFC Championship game in which you did not lose 41-0?

Pretty simple.  Give it your best shot.  I know you have trouble with it, so I'll even give you permission to answer these questions in some form of lyrics and make some of your fly beatz with it.

What do you mean personally?  Not in person, simply watched the game as it occurred?  1) I believe so, but have no recollection.  2) Of course.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #435 on: September 11, 2009, 08:12:24 PM »
Haha I knew you'd ignore my questions for you, VaJay Jay, it never fails!  I'll make it pretty simple and leave out all other things.  Please answer me these two questions.

Pretty simple.  Give it your best shot.  I know you have trouble with it, so I'll even give you permission to answer these questions in some form of lyrics and make some of your fly beatz with it.

C'mon Wade, gotta do some fact checking!

They also lost in the 1998 Championship Game to the Atlanta Falcons, in Minnesota. Remember?  The Vikings had one of the best offenses in the history of football, only to have Gary Anderson miss his only FG of the season...one that would've wrapped up the NFC title, and sent the Vikings to the Super Bowl.

Instead...Chris f'n Chandler led the Falcons to victory in OT, sending the Vikings and their worthless fans home.

It was in 2001 when the Vikings got embarrassed by the New York Giants in the NFC Championship Game.  Just another example, of how absolutely useless the Minnesota Vikings franchise is.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #436 on: September 11, 2009, 09:00:19 PM »
C'mon Wade, gotta do some fact checking!

They also lost in the 1998 Championship Game to the Atlanta Falcons, in Minnesota. Remember?  The Vikings had one of the best offenses in the history of football, only to have Gary Anderson miss his only FG of the season...one that would've wrapped up the NFC title, and sent the Vikings to the Super Bowl.

Instead...Chris f'n Chandler led the Falcons to victory in OT, sending the Vikings and their worthless fans home.

It was in 2001 when the Vikings got embarrassed by the New York Giants in the NFC Championship Game.  Just another example, of how absolutely useless the Minnesota Vikings franchise is.
Yeah my fault, didn't realize they played in the NFC Championship in 1998.

Fair enough, you answered my questions for me.  The answers to those questions, and the fact that Green Bay has 3 Super Bowls as opposed to Minnesota's 0 Super Bowls, should tell you that there is not a single Packers fan that is jealous of the Vikings.

By the way, VaJay Jay, what system do you play Madden online for?  If it's PS3, PM me your username.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #437 on: September 11, 2009, 09:55:53 PM »

Fair enough, you answered my questions for me.  The answers to those questions, and the fact that Green Bay has 3 Super Bowls as opposed to Minnesota's 0 Super Bowls, should tell you that there is not a single Packers fan that is jealous of the Vikings.

By the way, VaJay Jay, what system do you play Madden online for?  If it's PS3, PM me your username.

We play online via PS3 as well.....I think my 10 year old son would kick your ass.   ;)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #438 on: September 11, 2009, 10:00:17 PM »
We play online via PS3 as well.....I think my 10 year old son would kick your ass.   ;)
Probably.  I'm not great at Madden.  Don't play it very often.  The Show is more of my game.  I love playing it.  And nobody could touch me in Tiger Woods.  The game became boring for me.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #439 on: September 11, 2009, 11:17:59 PM »

Not only did they play in the NFC Championship Game, but they were 15-1 during the regular season.  Enormous choke job.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #440 on: September 11, 2009, 11:34:25 PM »
Probably.  I'm not great at Madden.  Don't play it very often.  The Show is more of my game.  I love playing it.  And nobody could touch me in Tiger Woods.  The game became boring for me.

He's good at the Show as well.   I'm ok at Tiger Woods, but not great

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #441 on: September 12, 2009, 12:47:14 AM »

By the way, VaJay Jay, what system do you play Madden online for?  If it's PS3, PM me your username.

I think in 88 we also were in the NFC Championship.  I recall watching the game on a lakefront property.  We did lose.  I proceeded to play tecmo bowl for 18 hours straight after the game.   Oh, there was 78 also as well as the couple of division championships proceeding the Super Bowl appearances.  But, why let facts get into the way of your tardism?!

I play xbox 360.  I have thought about getting a ps3 only because of The Show... but have not yet.  I just played my best friend and it is amazing how it works, even to a genius mind such as mine.  When I was in college, I do recall some fierce battles, especially Sega's hockey game where you could be the tiny fast guys or the fat rough guys... by the time I graduated, PS had come out and NBA live was around... but, not comparable to what's there today.

Kind of like the Packers... great back then.. but, disappointing today.  6-10?  Really?  You're excited about that? 

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #442 on: September 12, 2009, 01:30:31 AM »
The only thing this thread has taught me is that people are REALLY jealous of the Vikings, REALLY are sadden by Favre coming here, and that MU Creative Writing degrees are extraordinarily easy to obtain.

1. AP great player, wish we had him on the team.
2. Don't really care about Favre anymore other than when A.J. Hawk breaks his rib...wait it's already broken.
3. Creative Writing may be easy.  But so is an accounting degree.  Was in accounting for 3.5 years and flirted with Deans list for cumulitive (one semester I was above it, the next semester I'd get a 3.3 and be just below then get a 3.7 and be above-you know that type of thing); then I woke up one day and realized accounting sucks and I'd rather watch this all day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTyKhLPf62U

then be a numbers guy.

So I switched over to creative writing where free lance and subbing is the paycheck and I've been to...

1. Stockholm
2. A sh*** place in Amsterdam
3. Austria
4. Riding a night train through Northern Norway (the sun barely sets before it rises)
5. Seen the Mona Lisa in person
6. Flexed under the Arch de Triumph
7. Made friends with an irishman and two frenchies at the bar in Dublin, who I still e-mail, during Euro 2008
8. Got drunk with a 46 year old German in Berlin-ended up staying with him and his wife for a few weeks while I finished up work (a daughter Jay Bee would... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4)
9. Spent a week in San Diego
10. Lived in Philadelphia for awhile
etc.

before I turned 25.

Jay Bee keep on crunchin those numbers.  They'll turn into fun someday.

Marquette University, Spring '08

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #443 on: September 12, 2009, 10:45:25 AM »
1. AP great player, wish we had him on the team.
2. Don't really care about Favre anymore other than when A.J. Hawk breaks his rib...wait it's already broken.
3. Creative Writing may be easy.  But so is an accounting degree.  Was in accounting for 3.5 years and flirted with Deans list for cumulitive (one semester I was above it, the next semester I'd get a 3.3 and be just below then get a 3.7 and be above-you know that type of thing); then I woke up one day and realized accounting sucks and I'd rather watch this all day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTyKhLPf62U

then be a numbers guy.

So I switched over to creative writing where free lance and subbing is the paycheck and I've been to...

1. Stockholm
2. A sh*** place in Amsterdam
3. Austria
4. Riding a night train through Northern Norway (the sun barely sets before it rises)
5. Seen the Mona Lisa in person
6. Flexed under the Arch de Triumph
7. Made friends with an irishman and two frenchies at the bar in Dublin, who I still e-mail, during Euro 2008
8. Got drunk with a 46 year old German in Berlin-ended up staying with him and his wife for a few weeks while I finished up work (a daughter Jay Bee would... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4)
9. Spent a week in San Diego
10. Lived in Philadelphia for awhile
etc.

before I turned 25.

Jay Bee keep on crunchin those numbers.  They'll turn into fun someday.

Hey lil buddy, you don't need to prove yourself to me (not that you did with that list... wow).  Granted, I realize you're young and therefore would be under the 150-hour rule, but I graduated in 3.5 years -- and you accomplished figuring out that you wanted to change your major in that time period?  I'm not surprised you're the type to change her mind late in the game, but 3.5 years is really pushing it... it gives me hope you'll be a Vikings fan by the time February rolls around.

Have you run into problems getting a paycheck?  I wonder what your "cumulitive" (creative spelling?) earnings in calendar 2009 have been.. do you currently live with the parents? 

At the end of the day, the best fit career-wise can be a matter of preference, so if you're enjoying what you do then there's no much to argue.  As some youngsters have realized, I did a bit more than crunch numbers back when I was your age... like wad'sworld's favorite song says - work hard, play hard. 

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #444 on: September 12, 2009, 12:50:18 PM »
Truthfully, I hope nobody believes this is a "homer ruling".

This isn't Mayberry guys. It's federal circuit court and the state court.

I'm not saying the lawyers and judges are perfect, but I don't think the Williams' are getting a free ride because they are Vikings players.

Way too many eyes on this case for that to be happening.

Charles Grant and Will Smith serving suspension and Vikings not? 

That's a friendly state law "explain your positive." 
JayBee must be lovin that little nugget.

In fact I'm thinking of moving to 'Sota and accidentally take HGH and get Tommy Johns and I'll be in the Majors in two summers (But then again I'd have to live in 'Sota for a couple of years, not willing to do that).

Marquette University, Spring '08

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #445 on: September 12, 2009, 05:34:23 PM »
  I think in 88 we also were in the NFC Championship.  I recall watching the game on a lakefront property.  We did lose.  I proceeded to play tecmo bowl for 18 hours straight after the game.   Oh, there was 78 also as well as the couple of division championships proceeding the Super Bowl appearances.  But, why let facts get into the way of your tardism?!

I play xbox 360.  I have thought about getting a ps3 only because of The Show... but have not yet.  I just played my best friend and it is amazing how it works, even to a genius mind such as mine.  When I was in college, I do recall some fierce battles, especially Sega's hockey game where you could be the tiny fast guys or the fat rough guys... by the time I graduated, PS had come out and NBA live was around... but, not comparable to what's there today.

Kind of like the Packers... great back then.. but, disappointing today.  6-10?  Really?  You're excited about that?
I was asking if you were alive to see those NFC Championship games yourself when they were being played live.  So you were alive in 1978 and watching those games, and the ones before the Super Bowls that they lost in?  You act like you were born in about 1998, not 1978.

As for The Show, the game is ridiculous.

WE WORK HARD!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #446 on: September 13, 2009, 12:04:43 PM »
HAHA CHILDRESS IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE!  He tries to kick it short and recover it on the first kickoff of the year?  Giving the Browns the ball at the 50 yard line to start the game?  Really smart.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #447 on: September 13, 2009, 01:32:46 PM »
After watching the first half of the Vikings game, I finally figured it out.  Brett Favre loves the Packers so much, he conned team jagbag (Childress and Z. Wolf) to sign him, give him a bunch of money, then Brett would just implode the team.

Thanks Brett!  You are the best!

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #448 on: September 13, 2009, 01:33:11 PM »
One of his assistants might also want to remind him ay half time that Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor are still on the team.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #449 on: September 13, 2009, 02:01:14 PM »
One of his assistants might also want to remind him ay half time that Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor are still on the team.

To me, that was the biggest problem with the Vikings and this move.  Will they continue to use their primary offensive weapon enough.