collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North Pissing Match  (Read 114713 times)

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Re: NFC North Pissing Match
« Reply #275 on: September 06, 2009, 05:03:46 PM »

Yeah, no Bear fan should be worried about losing Kevin Jones.  Nonentity.

I realize we aren't talking about a major contributer here but...
Anytime a guy who, is an obvious part of the roster, is lost for the season, I think it's bad.  If nothing other than to give Forte a breather.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #276 on: September 06, 2009, 05:49:51 PM »
I realize we aren't talking about a major contributer here but...
Anytime a guy who, is an obvious part of the roster, is lost for the season, I think it's bad.  If nothing other than to give Forte a breather.

Honestly, put in a back up offensive tackle.  He'd be about as effective...and much quicker.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #277 on: September 08, 2009, 11:33:53 AM »
Packers 34 - Bears 24

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #278 on: September 08, 2009, 11:41:04 AM »
Packers 27 - Bears 10
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #279 on: September 08, 2009, 11:43:28 AM »
Packers 34 - Bears 24

CHI 35 - GB 27

Number of times the Sunday night crew mentions Favre 139.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #280 on: September 08, 2009, 11:53:10 AM »
Intriguing game.  Future MVP Erin Rodgers and his killer passing game vs. the experienced and proven Bears defense. 

The Battle For Second Place in the NFC North starts Sunday!  Will the Packers increase their 2008 win total by a whopping 50% and squeak into a Wild Card game?  Will Devin Hester run a decent route or continue to be a circus-type player, limited in what he can do?  Is this a "Milwaukee game"?  Will Lambeau once again show it's most impressive attribute - the ability to hold up despite the immense weight of the Packer fans in the stadium? 

I don't have the answers to any of the above - but I know who does: Jaws.  The only man in the media that knows exactly how the season will play out. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #281 on: September 08, 2009, 11:58:30 AM »
Intriguing game.  Future MVP Erin Rodgers and his killer passing game vs. the experienced and proven Bears defense. 

The Battle For Second Place in the NFC North starts Sunday!  Will the Packers increase their 2008 win total by a whopping 50% and squeak into a Wild Card game?  Will Devin Hester run a decent route or continue to be a circus-type player, limited in what he can do?  Is this a "Milwaukee game"?  Will Lambeau once again show it's most impressive attribute - the ability to hold up despite the immense weight of the Packer fans in the stadium? 

I don't have the answers to any of the above - but I know who does: Jaws.  The only man in the media that knows exactly how the season will play out. 

Not a Milwaukee Game.

I think you should worry about the Vikings actually selling season tickets, and not having any games blacked out, before you run your mouth about Lambeau.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #282 on: September 08, 2009, 12:07:31 PM »
Not a Milwaukee Game.

I think you should worry about the Vikings actually selling season tickets, and not having any games blacked out, before you run your mouth about Lambeau.

It's easy to sell out Lambeau when 1/2 of the people's fat rears take up 2 seats.

It's harder to sell-out the dome to the always classy, and skinny Vikes fans.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #283 on: September 08, 2009, 12:18:49 PM »

Sick beatz, brah!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

LON

• All American
« Reply #284 on: September 08, 2009, 12:35:11 PM »
It's easy to sell out Lambeau when 1/2 of the people's fat rears take up 2 seats.

It's harder to sell-out the dome to the always classy, and skinny Vikes fans.

Wisconsin fat jokes are a crutch for those that are not funny.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #285 on: September 08, 2009, 01:01:03 PM »

especially those who have thick Minnesota sweaters.  ;)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #286 on: September 08, 2009, 01:09:36 PM »

Agree.

But realistically, all "my team is better because (insert some crap here)" jokes are tired and unfunny.

- Viking fans can't sell out the stadium, they don't deserve a franchise. They are born losers, and can never "win the big one". Also, they usually have thugs and punks on that team just like the thugs and punks that live up there.

- Packer fans live where there is nothing else to do, so they just eat cheese and obsess over the packers. They are all fat, and far too smug about their own team. "hey der, go pack go!"

- Bear fans are still obsessed with a team from almost 25 years ago that won the superbowl. They can't appreciate the team they have, because it will never be like "Buddy's old 46 defense". They need to move on and appreciate what they have. Also, they ruined their own stadium.

The list goes on and on and gets repeated every season, by fans of every team.

If you want to critique jokes, feel free to shoot down everybody, because 99% of the jokes are "crutches".

Packer fans are fat
Viking fans are losers
Bear fans are stupid

Covers it all, right?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #287 on: September 08, 2009, 01:15:26 PM »
I think it is hilarious that people from Minnesota claim that there is 'nothing to do in Wisconsin'.

Actually, I would bet that WI brings in more tourism dollars that MN and honestly, most of the great lake states.

Additionally, the MN folk should probably take a look around the great state of MN and realize that it is really just WI without as much Great Lake access, and farther North.

sounds SO much better.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #288 on: September 08, 2009, 01:25:11 PM »
Packers win by 10

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #289 on: September 08, 2009, 01:27:59 PM »
Chicos just out of curiosity what NFL team do you follow?  9ers?

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #290 on: September 08, 2009, 01:31:20 PM »
Chicos just out of curiosity what NFL team do you follow?  9ers?

Vikes.

I'm just saying that all of the arguments and crap are cliche.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #291 on: September 08, 2009, 01:37:34 PM »

Actually, I would bet that WI brings in more tourism dollars that MN and honestly, most of the great lake states.

Correct between these 2 states, but...

2008 Wis $13.1 Billion
2008 Minnesota $11.0 Billion
2007 Chicago $18.4 Billion.  

Vikes.

I'm just saying that all of the arguments and crap are cliche.

Does Chicos have 2 screen names?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #292 on: September 08, 2009, 01:37:54 PM »
I think it is hilarious that people from Minnesota claim that there is 'nothing to do in Wisconsin'.

Additionally, the MN folk should probably take a look around the great state of MN and realize that it is really just WI without as much Great Lake access, and farther North.

sounds SO much better.

Both states have far more in common than either group of fans will ever care to admit. I think that's the nature of fans. We "vilify" the fans of another team, when in reality they have a lot in common.

As far as "tourism dollars",  it's not even comparable because MN has the Mall, which will greatly skew the numbers.

Mall of America brings in more $ in 1 week than lake Michigan does in 1 year*  (* hyperbole)

EDIT: I guess I was way off. I wonder if the Mall #'s are counted as "tourism".

Hmmm...

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 01:40:03 PM by 2002mualum »

LON

• All American
« Reply #293 on: September 08, 2009, 01:46:01 PM »
Agree.

But realistically, all "my team is better because (insert some crap here)" jokes are tired and unfunny.

- Viking fans can't sell out the stadium, they don't deserve a franchise. They are born losers, and can never "win the big one". Also, they usually have thugs and punks on that team just like the thugs and punks that live up there.

- Packer fans live where there is nothing else to do, so they just eat cheese and obsess over the packers. They are all fat, and far too smug about their own team. "hey der, go pack go!"

- Bear fans are still obsessed with a team from almost 25 years ago that won the superbowl. They can't appreciate the team they have, because it will never be like "Buddy's old 46 defense". They need to move on and appreciate what they have. Also, they ruined their own stadium.

The list goes on and on and gets repeated every season, by fans of every team.

If you want to critique jokes, feel free to shoot down everybody, because 99% of the jokes are "crutches".

Packer fans are fat
Viking fans are losers
Bear fans are stupid

Covers it all, right?

Fair enough.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #294 on: September 08, 2009, 02:16:18 PM »
Fair enough.

For the record, I wasn't trying to be a wet blanket on all of the pissing fun.

Everybody should feel free to use crappy stereotypes and cliches and blast each other. This is the pissing match! It's not the "I'm accurate about my team match".

My only point was that every team/fans have their cliches. We hear them every year.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #295 on: September 08, 2009, 02:19:10 PM »

Perhaps you could pen a rap about the forthcoming season and "throw it down nasty style" for those of us here at MU Scoop.  We like it fresh.

It seems that many of the national media outlets are picking sides and hopping on either the Vikes, Packers or Bears bandwagon.  This is the most interesting season in quite awhile.  I guess we'll see whether the fluke was the 13-3 Packers dropping to 6-10, or the perennially mediocre Vikings "lifting their game" to 10-6 for one season.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #296 on: September 08, 2009, 02:23:00 PM »
Wisconsin is a 'drive destination' for many more people than Minnesota is.  If someone from a big city (i.e. Chicago) wants to drive somewhere to get away from it all and do absolutely nothing (i.e. visit Wisconsin), they can quickly drive there.. there are only 4 people that live in the Dakotas and I am not sure if people in Iowa even have cars.  

The fact of the matter is Minneapolis is a far greater city than any of Wisconsin's lil towns.  That's where much of the 'nothing to do' comes from.  Don't get me wrong, I love Milwaukee, but Minneapolis metro area is enormous compared to anything in Wisconsin (except for WI women).  

115 in a row!!!  Way to go Vikings fans and corporate partners!  BRING IN THE HORNS!!!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #297 on: September 08, 2009, 02:24:49 PM »
"Soldier Cow Pasture"

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1757438,bears-soldier-field-07.article

Here's the real gem of a quote:

"A tripleheader of prep games was played on the field the weekend before the meeting with the Browns. Still, it was surprising that three games would create obvious patches in the surface, and it was evident the crew that painted the field originally put the "C" at the 50-yard line in the wrong spot. A source said after the game Thursday that the field would be re-sodded well before the Sept. 20 home opener vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers."

They put the logo in the wrong place????

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #298 on: September 08, 2009, 02:28:56 PM »
Wisconsin is a 'drive destination' for many more people than Minnesota is.  If someone from a big city (i.e. Chicago) wants to drive somewhere to get away from it all and do absolutely nothing (i.e. visit Wisconsin), they can quickly drive there.. there are only 4 people that live in the Dakotas and I am not sure if people in Iowa even have cars.  

The fact of the matter is Minneapolis is a far greater city than any of Wisconsin's lil towns.  That's where much of the 'nothing to do' comes from.  Don't get me wrong, I love Milwaukee, but Minneapolis metro area is enormous compared to anything in Wisconsin (except for WI women).  

115 in a row!!!  Way to go Vikings fans and corporate partners!  BRING IN THE HORNS!!!
VaJay-Jay, I'm wondering who your favorite rapper/hip hop artist is?  I'd like to know from the pro...

LON

• All American
« Reply #299 on: September 08, 2009, 02:32:06 PM »
For the record, I wasn't trying to be a wet blanket on all of the pissing fun.

Everybody should feel free to use crappy stereotypes and cliches and blast each other. This is the pissing match! It's not the "I'm accurate about my team match".

My only point was that every team/fans have their cliches. We hear them every year.

I agree, it's fun to have some original burns every now and then though.

feedback