[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Unhappiness Building Over Sean Miller In The Arizona Desert  (Read 4859 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Unhappiness Building Over Sean Miller In The Arizona Desert
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2017, 09:16:33 PM »
good stuff, but if i missed it somewhere up there, i apologize-coaching naismith, future NBA and future NBA guys who play 3-4 years for ya can't hurt either.  not taking away from your point as it's all kinda relative.  wooden's numbers are incredible, but...regardless, he's one of the greatest of all times

My point was that Jockey said that Wooden was a great coach because he coached not only teams with Jabbar and Walton on them to titles.  Which is true, but it also understates the amount of talent his other teams had.  He had a ton of talent.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2017, 09:36:00 PM »
Those teams had 2 guys drafted in the top 20 picks of the 2015 draft.  College success has never directly portended NBA success especially with all of the young one and done talent.  To pretend he was dragging along an underdog squad of untalented players is silly.

Fact #1, I said that Bo's roster was full of 3 and 4 star talent.

Fact #2, I said he didn't get the talent that the blue bloods get.

If you want to argue with that, you need to learn more about the subject. Put words in someone else's mouth - not mine.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2017, 11:27:03 PM »
Fact #1, I said that Bo's roster was full of 3 and 4 star talent.

Fact #2, I said he didn't get the talent that the blue bloods get.

If you want to argue with that, you need to learn more about the subject. Put words in someone else's mouth - not mine.

Yeesh, simmer.  You seemingly went out of your way to say "future NBA All-Stars" which seemed an almost excessive caveat to further separate squads.  Apologies if you felt personally attacked, I was rather tacking on the often disproven idea about Bo's supposed lack of talent to increase his coaching lore.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2017, 11:41:36 AM »
Yeesh, simmer.  You seemingly went out of your way to say "future NBA All-Stars" which seemed an almost excessive caveat to further separate squads.  Apologies if you felt personally attacked, I was rather tacking on the often disproven idea about Bo's supposed lack of talent to increase his coaching lore.

Actually, I only mentioned future NBA All Stars in reply to a comment by Sultan about Wooden's career.

I apologize as well. I totally agree that Bo got better players than he got credit for. You should be good when your guys are all 3 and 4 star guys  He just doesn't get the same quality guys as the blue bloods.